Since: Oct 08

Bluefield, WV

#1 Nov 4, 2011
My wife is in the process of grad school research. Texas A&M has appeared on the list, and is currently in her top 5. We're doing some city research for each school and need help with some questions. So if you don't mind helping out, can you please answer a few questions for us. We've found that median rent in College Station is around 800 bucks, but every rental site we go on, we see it's closer to 1200 for what we're looking for. What we can't find any data on, is how much utility costs are. What is the average you pay for power, heating, water & sewage? Also, if you have children, what are the average day care costs (when we move there, we'll have a 2 year old and a 4 year old)? If anyone can help out, we'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!!
Helping

Enid, OK

#2 Nov 6, 2011
For a 3 bedroom apartment you would be looking at 800-900 on rent...a house closer to 1200. for an average utility bill for what you stated above...for your family size...maybe 250-300 a month. my better half is great at finding apartments in this area just from looking online on craigslist and rental sites. we found a great deal: 2 bedroom duplex 800 square feet, big yard, good neighbors for $600. if you need help with employment or lowering your water and electricity bill...email me: [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

College Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heroin/drugs (Apr '13) Aug 31 Prep the hero 33
who runs city hall? (Jan '12) Aug '16 fsjf 3
Review: Woody's Gags & Gifts (Dec '13) Aug '16 IDK 25
I need a good honest waterwell company. (Jul '11) Aug '16 Michael Lee 2
House of Hope/ Madisonville Rehab (May '11) Jul '16 Michelle Hughes 37
Hearne Police Harassment Jul '16 DHHR Party 2
Brazos County Libertarian Party meeting Jun '16 Tread 1

College Station Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance