Local Clinic Affected By Abortion Debate

Jun 26, 2013 Full story: KBTX-TV Bryan 333

"I have my umbrella because it is really hot. Rain or shine. I am out here," said Susan Lovelette, a Bryan resident.

Full Story
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#1 Jun 26, 2013
if it closes,who will the delusional dogooders harrass then?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#2 Jun 26, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
Why would it close?

All I hear on these boards is that abortion is like only 3% of what PP does.

They should be easily able to absorb the loss of that business, right?
Demystifying liberal myth

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would it close?
Let's do the math: a few bucks for contraceptives vs.$450-600 for the average first-trimester abortion. The vaunted 3 percent claim is revealed as bull feathers. It's no wonder PP's "family planning" services, meager as they are, have dropped 29 percent since 2009.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#4 Jun 26, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
Probably women out walking their dog or enjoying the sunshine.

A new movement will form amongst the devout, more to the point Pro LockedinKitchen as god intended it to be.

Minneapolis

#5 Jun 26, 2013
Demystifying liberal myth wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's do the math: a few bucks for contraceptives vs.$450-600 for the average first-trimester abortion. The vaunted 3 percent claim is revealed as bull feathers. It's no wonder PP's "family planning" services, meager as they are, have dropped 29 percent since 2009.
Better yet, lets do the RCC logic. A few bucks for contraceptives is as grave a sin as abortion since they believe contraceptives are abortifacient as written in all their material, here is just one:

http://www.catholic.com/blog/todd-aglialoro/c...

Whether and how often the birth control pill (in its various forms), along with the IUD and certain other hormonal contraceptives and “morning after” pills, acts as an abortifacient, is a matter of no small dispute. But the science seems clear enough: When these fail to prevent ovulation (their primary purpose) and conception occurs, secondary effects leave the woman’s body inhospitable to the new life, and may prevent its implantation in her uterine lining. Since life begins at conception, this is what we call abortion.

Whether through shrewd foresight, pure chance, or some unseen diabolical coordination, in 1965 (that year again!) the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) changed the medical definition of the beginning of pregnancy from conception to implantation. Perhaps it seemed an innocent technicality at the time, but it proved to be critically important: shifting the emphasis in pregnancy from the unborn child to the mother and, more to our point, making it possible to say that hormonal contraceptives and morning-after pills aren’t “abortifacients” when they prevent implantation. Since abortion “terminates pregnancy” and pregnancy begins at implantation, how could you have an abortion before a woman is even pregnant?

Skeptics of hormonal contraception's abortifacient potential hide in this semantic fog, and make hay out of the difficulty of proving it experimentally. But, regardless of how we define pregnancy, we know that life begins at conception, and the theoretical science regarding the abortifacient potential of hormonal contraception is sound.

So, really, whats the diff Dumbstifying???
Ocean56

AOL

#6 Jun 27, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Better yet, lets do the RCC logic. A few bucks for contraceptives is as grave a sin as abortion since they believe contraceptives are abortifacient as written in all their material, here is just one:

Whether and how often the birth control pill (in its various forms), along with the IUD and certain other hormonal contraceptives and “morning after” pills, acts as an abortifacient, is a matter of no small dispute. But the science seems clear enough: When these fail to prevent ovulation (their primary purpose) and conception occurs, secondary effects leave the woman’s body inhospitable to the new life, and may prevent its implantation in her uterine lining. Since life begins at conception, this is what we call abortion.
The "RCC logic" is precisely why I dumped that toxic institution over 20 years ago, and still consider it one of the best decisions I ever made.

The reason why the all-male Catholic Church hierarchy condemns contraception along with abortion is because the idea that WOMEN can control their reproductive processes is anathema to them. In their tiny little...um...minds, women are supposed to do nothing more than pop out babies "for God and church." Oh, and be unpaid house servants too. PASS.

As far as I'M concerned, the more women who reject the RCC and all the backward nonsense it stands for, the better.

Minneapolis

#7 Jun 27, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "RCC logic" is precisely why I dumped that toxic institution over 20 years ago, and still consider it one of the best decisions I ever made.
The reason why the all-male Catholic Church hierarchy condemns contraception along with abortion is because the idea that WOMEN can control their reproductive processes is anathema to them. In their tiny little...um...minds, women are supposed to do nothing more than pop out babies "for God and church." Oh, and be unpaid house servants too. PASS.
As far as I'M concerned, the more women who reject the RCC and all the backward nonsense it stands for, the better.
Totally agree Ocean!!

We can't have anything flying in the face of the male authored words:

1 Timothy 2:11 - 2:15

1 Timothy Chapter 2
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Ocean56

AOL

#8 Jun 27, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Totally agree Ocean!! We can't have anything flying in the face of the male authored words:
1 Timothy 2:11 - 2:15
1 Timothy Chapter 2
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
I'd say THEY (the RCC hierarchy) can't have that. Luckily for women in the United States, we can REJECT toxic religious institutions that repress women by dictating our sexual and reproductive decisions, and without criminal penalties too.

That's definitely something for ALL women to celebrate; our freedom from the mental chains of religious doctrines. For me, secularism = FREEDOM, no dogmas required.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#9 Jun 27, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether through shrewd foresight, pure chance, or some unseen diabolical coordination, in 1965 (that year again!) the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) changed the medical definition of the beginning of pregnancy from conception to implantation. Perhaps it seemed an innocent technicality at the time, but it proved to be critically important: shifting the emphasis in pregnancy from the unborn child to the mother and, more to our point, making it possible to say that hormonal contraceptives and morning-after pills aren’t “abortifacients” when they prevent implantation. Since abortion “terminates pregnancy” and pregnancy begins at implantation, how could you have an abortion before a woman is even pregnant?
Skeptics of hormonal contraception's abortifacient potential hide in this semantic fog, and make hay out of the difficulty of proving it experimentally. But, regardless of how we define pregnancy, we know that life begins at conception, and the theoretical science regarding the abortifacient potential of hormonal contraception is sound.
So, really, whats the diff Dumbstifying???
Well, the "diff" is that the RCC isn't mentioned in the thread article.

So, the "diff" is that DLM can argue the topic at hand, while you and Ocean throw up tangential non-sequiturs and slap yourselves on the back for it.

Minneapolis

#10 Jun 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the "diff" is that DLM can argue the topic at hand, while you and Ocean throw up tangential non-sequiturs and slap yourselves on the back for it.
The topic seems to be this:

"""I am praying for the end of abortion. I am praying that my prayers will help those inside to find another way,” said Lovelette.""

So much for concern about women or their health.

Sorry Dan, we are not as stupid as the religious dolts who are trying to convince people that they "care about womens health". The CC taking the lead.

Here is how much they care:

http://gawker.com/5960436/woman-in-ireland-di...

WOW...they sure cared about her!!!

Us women prefer not to be cared about the way the CC facade intends to care.
Ocean56

AOL

#11 Jun 28, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
The topic seems to be this:
"""I am praying for the end of abortion. I am praying that my prayers will help those inside to find another way,” said Lovelette.""
So much for concern about women or their health.
Sorry Dan, we are not as stupid as the religious dolts who are trying to convince people that they "care about womens health". The CC taking the lead.
Here is how much they care:
http://gawker.com/5960436/woman-in-ireland-di...
WOW...they sure cared about her!!!
Us women prefer not to be cared about the way the CC facade intends to care.
Poor Dan; he apparently has to believe the RCC "cares" about women, no matter how many times the RCC clearly demonstrates its LACK of caring for women as people.

To the RCC, women are nothing more than factories for producing future members. The Church's anti-contraception policies, and its backward insistence that all non-procreative sexual acts are "sins," make that callous indifference to women's health abundantly clear.
Ocean56

AOL

#12 Jun 28, 2013
"I have my umbrella because it is really hot. Rain or shine. I am out here," said Susan Lovelette, a Bryan resident.

Like all anti-choicers, this woman can't seem to grasp a simple fact; that NOT all women want to get or stay pregnant. They seem determined to convince themselves that if only a woman's circumstances were different, if she had more money to raise a baby, if her boyfriend would only "step up and be a dad," etc., they wouldn't seek an abortion. While these scenarios may be present in SOME cases, they aren't present in all of them.

Just because one is a woman doesn't automatically mean she wants to be a mother. Some of these rabid anti-choicers should speak to one or more childfree (no kids by choice) women sometime. A woman who NEVER wants pregnancy or children is going to seek an abortion if her birth control fails, no matter WHAT her financial circumstances are.

The anti-choicers just don't get it; FORCING women to have babies they may never have wanted in the first place isn't going to make anyone happy. Unwilling and possibly angry mothers too often create miserable homes, with very unhappy and quite possibly neglected or abused children.
dan

Omaha, NE

#13 Jun 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Dan; he apparently has to believe the RCC "cares" about women, no matter how many times the RCC clearly demonstrates its LACK of caring for women as people.
To the RCC, women are nothing more than factories for producing future members. The Church's anti-contraception policies, and its backward insistence that all non-procreative sexual acts are "sins," make that callous indifference to women's health abundantly clear.
I missed where the article mentioned "Catholic Church".
Can you cite it?

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14 Jun 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would it close?
Good one Dan! Everyone knows planned abortionhood is an abortion mill, no one believes that lying 3% crap. They couldn't survive without murder being their biggest source of income. Sad and thouroughly disgusting.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 28, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite it?
They can't...they associate pro life with religion, yes, they're that ignorant.

Minneapolis

#16 Jun 29, 2013
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't...they associate pro life with religion, yes, they're that ignorant.
Oh and btw:

Religious Pro-Life Organizations

AudioGirl Ministries
Priests For Life
Deacons For Life
National Pro-Life Religious Council
ChristianAnswers.net
Presbyterians For Life
Lutherans For Life
Catholic Pro-Life Committee Of Noth Texas
Project Defending Life
United States Congress Of Catholic Bishops
Sisters Of Life
Baptists For Life
40 Days For Life
Knights Of Columbus
Helpers Of God’s Precious Infants
Human Life International
Human Life International - Spanish
Missionaries To The Preborn
Operation Save America
Pro-Life Action Ministries
CatholicCitizens.org
Orthodox Christians For Life
Children Of The Rosary
EWTN Pro-Life Resources
Heavan’s Friends
LEARN
National Committee For A Human Life Amendment
LifeTeen.com - For Catholic Teenagers
Stand True
Vital Signs Ministries
Anglicans For Life
Catholics United For Life
Seminarian Life Link
Laity For Life

Let me know if you would like me to list more...will be happy to drive you even nuttier than you are!
Ocean56

AOL

#17 Jun 29, 2013
dan wrote:
Can you cite it?
It doesn't have to be cited, actually. But I'll apply what I said previously to ANY church, Catholic or something else, that is anti-contraception as well as anti-abortion. As far as I'M concerned, any church that forbids the use of all forms of reliable contraception considers women nothing more than reproduction factories for producing future members.

Happy now?

Minneapolis

#18 Jun 29, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite it?
OH! OK! You want to PLAY! I will be happy to decipher said article for you...lets go!

Quote from article:

"""I have my umbrella because it is really hot. Rain or shine. I am out here,” said Susan Lovelette, a Bryan resident.

Usually several residents like Lovelette, who are part of a local organization called The Coalition for Life, stand outside the Planned Parenthood Center praying for what might be happening on the other side of the gate.

"I am praying for the end of abortion. I am praying that my prayers will help those inside to find another way,” said Lovelette."""

Hmmmmm.......I wonder about "The Coalition for Life", I wonder what they are made up of, shall we have a looksy?

""The Coalition for Life is a community based Christian pro-life organization made up of over 60 churches and thousands of individuals who are working to end abortion in the Brazos Valley, peacefully and prayerfully.

Mission:

End abortion in the Brazos Valley…peacefully and prayerfully."""

http://www.coalitionforlife.com/index.cfm...

AH!! There is our ANSWER!!

Now, shall we have a look and see if the CC is a participant?? I can hardly Wait!! AH...here we go:

Brazos Valley Coalition for Life
www.coalitionforlife.com

The Coalition for Life is a community based Christian pro-life organization. Events you can volunteer for 40 Days for Life, a prayer campaign run in the fall from September 26 - November 4 and during Lent from February 13 – March 24, and their Annual Benefit scheduled on February 28, 2013.
http://www.aggiecatholic.org/index.cfm...

The Austin Coalition for Life is a community-based, grassroots pro-life organization made up of local volunteers dedicated to ending abortion peacefully and prayerfully in Austin.

The powerful and effective 40 Days for Life campaign played an instrumental role in launching the Austin Coalition for Life. With 40 days of prayer, fasting, outreach and a continuous prayer vigil at local abortion facilities, 40 Days for Life has helped Austin wake up to the crisis of abortion, and empowered people on a local level.

40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign that draws attention to the evil of abortion through the use of a three-point program:

http://www.st-ignatius.org/parish/index.cfm...

Name: Amy Voorhees

Previous/Current Occupation: stay at home mom, soprano section leader, founder and President of the San Antonio Coalition for Life

Church: Our Lady of he Atonement Catholic Church, San Antonio TX

http://www.coalitionforlife.com/index.cfm...

I can go on if you like?

Google is such a wonderful tool, you should try it sometime!!

Location hidden

#19 Jun 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, they cannot cite it in the article, so they go into their ignorant tirades...they can't fathom the fact that people could possibly be prolife without it being religion based. You called them out, and you see how they try to cover, a hoot for sure!

Location hidden

#20 Jun 29, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and btw:
Religious Pro-Life Organizations
AudioGirl Ministries
Priests For Life
Deacons For Life
National Pro-Life Religious Council
ChristianAnswers.net
Presbyterians For Life
Lutherans For Life
Catholic Pro-Life Committee Of Noth Texas
Project Defending Life
United States Congress Of Catholic Bishops
Sisters Of Life
Baptists For Life
40 Days For Life
Knights Of Columbus
Helpers Of God’s Precious Infants
Human Life International
Human Life International - Spanish
Missionaries To The Preborn
Operation Save America
Pro-Life Action Ministries
CatholicCitizens.org
Orthodox Christians For Life
Children Of The Rosary
EWTN Pro-Life Resources
Heavan’s Friends
LEARN
National Committee For A Human Life Amendment
LifeTeen.com - For Catholic Teenagers
Stand True
Vital Signs Ministries
Anglicans For Life
Catholics United For Life
Seminarian Life Link
Laity For Life
Let me know if you would like me to list more...will be happy to drive you even nuttier than you are!
Nice list, what has this to do with that article? You drive me nutty? Ha! You're here 24/7, and I'm nutty? Lol, good one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

College Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 22 hr Fossilfarts 549
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Fossilfarts 749
Where can a couple find thick black girls to pl... Nov 25 Larissa Hernandez 2
Staci Fox Nov 14 Curious 1
Connection (Nov '13) Nov 5 mrlabowski 4
Common Core is DESTROYING your kid's education ... Nov 4 Blubber on the Brain 1
College Station Police/Abuse of Power Oct 30 Angry Momma 1
College Station Dating
Find my Match

College Station People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

College Station News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in College Station

Personal Finance