House of Hope/ Madisonville Rehab

Posted in the College Station Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sola Dei Gloria

Claremore, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 6, 2011
 
Does anyone local have any personal knowledge of this place? It's supposed to be a Christian rehab. I would like to know if it's legit, or a front for slave labor and getting donations off the public?

“Choose Life”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sola Dei Gloria wrote:
Does anyone local have any personal knowledge of this place? It's supposed to be a Christian rehab. I would like to know if it's legit, or a front for slave labor and getting donations off the public?
It's a slave labor camp with a Christian front, and the slaves are paraded around in various churches as "poster boys" for this wicked money grubbing bunch, when they're not being slaved out to the local rancher who gets free labor and doesn't have to pay taxes because he "donates" stuff to the "ministry" and then writes it off as a tax free donation. Pretty slick, huh?

I hope they either get exposed for all to see or else repent and stop lying, and start treating these men right.

http://www.houseofdisciples.com/Locations.htm...

You're a disgrace to the name and purpose of Christ.
rayman

Livingston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

they keep these guys busy to help them rehab from habits they cant kick alone. Do a little more research before you start calling it a slave camp..or just go check it out yourself.

“Choose Life”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

rayman wrote:
they keep these guys busy to help them rehab from habits they cant kick alone. Do a little more research before you start calling it a slave camp..or just go check it out yourself.
It's already been "checked out". What was said is a fact. But there's much more to it than what went into my original post.

Oh, they keep them busy alright. If one is sick, then the slave master claims they're lazy and slacking. You think this so called rehab helps them kick habits? The record so far shows that it sucks so bad that only one in 10 completes their so called "program". It's a joke son.

Madisonville needs to wise up. There was a reason this scam chose a small town like Madisonville to set up shop.

Ever hear of " TeenChallengeexposed.com "? It works along the same lines.
A mothers broken heart

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I am really sorry that you feel that way. Let me ask you have you been there, are you a drug addict or a drunk. Have you broken your children's heart and have made them not to believe in you. I am a mother of both, he thinks of no one but himself and can'nt understan why everyone is so upset about his situation. I have watched him lie, beg and promise to never do it again, again and again. But just like our Father in heaven forgives us and accepts us no matter what. I have love him anyway. He is my son and he is always in my heart. There has been other programs, so I prayed that I would accept what ever God did to my son. He took him to the pits of hell before he brought him to the House of Hope. I don't know if they do use them as slave labor, but I can tell you this I would weither him be working his but off for someone then to be drinking or shooting up until he dies or hurts someone else. If you feel like this is such a waste of Gods time then STAND UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Help your brother and sister. God loves all of us no matter who are what we are. Thank God for his wonderful GRACE.
Darren Scott Baker

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It is really sad how information can get so misconstrued. I was the Program Director at the House Of Hope a few months back, my name is Darren Baker and I can assure you this ministry is not anything close to what you say it is. I have absolutely nothing to gain by writing this excerpt except to the fact of shining light on truth. Truth is what it is all about and I just love to tell it. I'm going to make this really simple and to the point. The House of Hope is an awesome opportunity for anyone with a situation in their lives constituting spiritual depravity. Drug addicts, alcoholics, homeless problems, whatever the case may be, House of Hope opens up a great opportunity to change people's lives. The answer to these problems center around Jesus Christ, and that is what H.O.H. is all about. The only slave labor in that camp has to do with working for the Lord. Working for the Lord is the only way to bring about real change in any man that has ever been given the great opportunity to work through this program. Don't buy the lie, House of Hope helps. God bless!
Mary Pruitt

Seymour, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 23, 2012
 
I don't know where you got your5892 information but I have been there myself, and I believe the men who work there are great christian men. As for working, what better way for men to have self respect than for them to have something to do where they can see the results of their labor. They have bible study every morning and free time every afternoon. They have a weight room if they so please to use it. Yes, the place needs some repair and yes the community churches donate to the facility but that is because they can see the results that are happening. As for myself, this is a great facility and good christian men who run it. I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO WANTS THEIR LOVED ONE TO BE EXPOSED TO THE WORD OF GOD AND TO HAVE GOOD CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP.
G Ashton

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

As for the 3 previous posts, I agree 100%. These guys need to be working and kept busy. And I am thankful for the H.O.H. facility. If not for places like this these guys would be out working thier butts off (stealing, cheating, lying, begging)trying to get high or drunk. Sleeping in gutters, ditches, in extreme heat or freezing cold. So is it asking too much for them to earn thier keep?? All the while being encouraged in the direction of Jesus Christ, our Saviour. Drug rehab is not fun and games. It is a choice, and one to be taken seriously. And staying clean and alive is hard work in itself. And as for the 1 in 10 completing the program?? That's 10 of 10 possibilities and 10 of 10 to have HOPE!!!...."SON" - God Bless
Pastor Man 4 Christ

Huntsville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I teach there every week and I also support it financially. This place is changing lives and the only reason there is a 1 in 10 success is because you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I think the individual who posted earlier has been in the program and couldn't handle having to work for his room and board. By the way this program is free to anyone because of the work program and the people who donate. It's my guess that this individual has a problem working for anything in their life. The HOH is a blessing to our community and should be supported by every church in town. God bless
areonna

Crockett, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 11, 2012
 
I live around there and have meet a few guys in there who have said that they have really helped them with there addition and help them to a path with God
Mother of Another

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 3, 2012
 
Its a good program, run by Christians who have walked the path of darkness, and now are walking in the light. They recognize the cons, all the excuses to get out of work and excuses to go to the hospital for drugs. They love the guys and follow Jesus example to keep giving them another chance. The residents have the option to walk off anytime. Some do, and some return saying its the best place they've ever been.
Ann

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 15, 2012
 
My Childs father is there. He has graduated from the program. I don't know much about the place, but I do know how it has changed him. He is not the man that I met 11 years ago. This gave him a chance when no one else would. Because of this place he has become a Christian, a hard worker, and a better father. I am very grateful for House of Hope.
Marcia

Madisonville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 10, 2013
 
I personally know that the House of Hope has helped anyone who is ready to be helped. We had a friend who called my husband late one night asking for help. This man came from riches and ended up nothing.The House of Hope opened their arms to him when no one else would. this man had burned every bridge he ever had. He was medically unable to work and they still accepted him knowing that. They helped him as long as he would let them. They did it knowing he could not help himself in any way. It is disturbing when you see negative comments about them. They are legitimate and truly what they claim to be. My bet advice to anyone who doubts them, go visit and see for yourself the work that they are doing, for residents and for Christ.
Tonton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 2, 2013
 
Dang, I've been clean 8 yrs and by reading these post makes me wish I had known about this place 18 yrs ago, sounds like a true blessing for those who are suffering. In fact I wish I could talk my oldest son into this place, sounds like a mothers dream come true. God bless this amazing place
hector

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 23, 2013
 
slave labor
Granny

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 1, 2014
 
House of Hope is an answer to our prayers. God provided a safe, Christian environment for our beloved grandson. Already he is making wise choices due to the influence of Christian teachers and accountability friends. Thank you, Brad and all the pastors & volunteers and townspeople who encourage these men. Thank You, God, for Your love and acceptance "just as they are" and what You are doing in their lives.
Bob Frapples

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 23, 2014
 
Being a slave for Jesus Christ is in the Bible and that is what God wants.
Darren Scott Baker wrote:
It is really sad how information can get so misconstrued. I was the Program Director at the House Of Hope a few months back, my name is Darren Baker and I can assure you this ministry is not anything close to what you say it is. I have absolutely nothing to gain by writing this excerpt except to the fact of shining light on truth. Truth is what it is all about and I just love to tell it. I'm going to make this really simple and to the point. The House of Hope is an awesome opportunity for anyone with a situation in their lives constituting spiritual depravity. Drug addicts, alcoholics, homeless problems, whatever the case may be, House of Hope opens up a great opportunity to change people's lives. The answer to these problems center around Jesus Christ, and that is what H.O.H. is all about. The only slave labor in that camp has to do with working for the Lord and being a slave for Christ is in the Bible. Working for the Lord is the only way to bring about real change in any man that has ever been given the great opportunity to work through this program. Don't buy the lie, House of Hope really helps. God bless!
Bob Frapples

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 23, 2014
 
hector wrote:
slave labor
Yup.... Slave for Christ. Its in there, now.... GO FISH.

“ Trollin along singin a Song”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 24, 2014
 
I am not quite sure about this program. Not saying if it is good or bad. If the recidivism percentage is correct as to one in ten. They must have something working other than christen belief. The national numbers across the board are three in one hundred.
I agree

Salida, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 10, 2014
 
Inspired To Believe wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a slave labor camp with a Christian front, and the slaves are paraded around in various churches as "poster boys" for this wicked money grubbing bunch, when they're not being slaved out to the local rancher who gets free labor and doesn't have to pay taxes because he "donates" stuff to the "ministry" and then writes it off as a tax free donation. Pretty slick, huh?
I hope they either get exposed for all to see or else repent and stop lying, and start treating these men right.
http://www.houseofdisciples.com/Locations.htm...
You're a disgrace to the name and purpose of Christ.
I'm not obligated to tell you how I know, but I know. This poster is correct. It's a "christian" scam, and you people who are supporting it are either clueless to the brutal facts, or you are part of the scam, posing as legit posters trying to cover up this abomination, and the TRUTH from the public. FYI, I am a Christian, a real one, not a poser and hypocrite like some of you.

Yes, I agree that these people desparately need help but in a Christlike, Christ centered manner, not as a scam to make tax exempt money off of their labor.

Many of those who come here do so because they are offered no other choice.

Also, for your info, the infamous Teen Challenge, which started out as a good work by David Wilkerson, was handed over to a corrupt leadership and has also become not a becon of light, but a HOUSE OF HORRORS, just like Madisonville.

Deal with it and clean up you act, you phonies. Jesus is watching.

PS: and no, I have never been incarcerated in this phony place.

Let those who have eyes to see, and ears to hear, take notice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
College Station Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

College Station Jobs

•••
•••
•••

College Station People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••