Red-light cameras spark debate in Tex...

Red-light cameras spark debate in Texas cities

There are 14 comments on the HS GameTime.com story from Jul 5, 2010, titled Red-light cameras spark debate in Texas cities. In it, HS GameTime.com reports that:

Red-light cameras, which have split the driving public like few other topics of the road, are reaching a public opinion crossroads.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HS GameTime.com.

Stacey

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Jul 5, 2010
20 reasons to oppose photo radar. Includes accident data:

http://www.meetup.com/camerafraud/messages/bo...

Since: Jan 08

Corpus Christi Texas

#2 Jul 5, 2010
Just another cash cow for the city. When they start enforcing the laws THEN and only then will laws be followed.
ascendo tuum

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Jul 5, 2010
JLH01 wrote:
Just another cash cow for the city. When they start enforcing the laws THEN and only then will laws be followed.
uhhhh.... so..... exactly how is photo radar / red light cameras NOT enforcing the law?(eye-roll)
BusyBody

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jul 5, 2010
I OBJECT
DaveinMass

Methuen, MA

#5 Jul 5, 2010
ascendo tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
uhhhh.... so..... exactly how is photo radar / red light cameras NOT enforcing the law?(eye-roll)
When camers issue the ticket, it goes to the owner of the vehicle not the driver which may or may not be the same person. But because running a red light, stop sign etc is a 'moving violation', the ticket appropriately goes to the driver, NOT the owner.
ascendo tuum

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Jul 5, 2010
DaveinMass wrote:
<quoted text>
When camers issue the ticket, it goes to the owner of the vehicle not the driver which may or may not be the same person. But because running a red light, stop sign etc is a 'moving violation', the ticket appropriately goes to the driver, NOT the owner.
puleeze.... the OWNER IS RESPONSIBLE for his or her vehicle. If a secondary driver does the moving violation, the owner: 1) should know WHO was using said vehicle at the time and 2) demand compensation from them.
Texas Trooper

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jul 5, 2010
Stacey wrote:
20 reasons to oppose photo radar. Includes accident data:
http://www.meetup.com/camerafraud/messages/bo...
The REAL reason you oppose this: you run red lights and would get ticketed.

ROFLMAO!!!
Possum Souffle

Deer Park, TX

#8 Jul 5, 2010
JLH01 wrote:
Yeah you're right. The fact that there are fewer broadside accidents at intersections is meaningless. That more drivers that once hit the gas at a yellow light are now instead hitting the brake is a bad thing. It's the fact that the city is making money that's the real issue. Right?
ascendo tuum

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jul 5, 2010
BusyBody wrote:
I OBJECT
OVER RULED.
Mister -D El Paso

El Paso, TX

#10 Jul 5, 2010
ascendo tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
puleeze.... the OWNER IS RESPONSIBLE for his or her vehicle. If a secondary driver does the moving violation, the owner: 1) should know WHO was using said vehicle at the time and 2) demand compensation from them.
Do the owners of cars and trucks with Mexico plates get tickets in the mail? Mister kown it all. See a lot of them on north Mesa Street and at the stores
Drink The Hive

Orlando, FL

#11 Jul 5, 2010
Red Light Cameras = Safety = Local/State Revenue,The Perfect Govt Crime.

Security 4 A FEE.

Amerika The Land Of The FEE!
ascendo tuum

Alpharetta, GA

#12 Jul 6, 2010
Mister -D El Paso wrote:
<quoted text>Do the owners of cars and trucks with Mexico plates get tickets in the mail? Mister kown it all. See a lot of them on north Mesa Street and at the stores
Yup.... If they're plated, they're registered with an address. Next stupid question?
skeleto

Austin, TX

#13 Jul 6, 2010
As I stated in a previous forum, if you don't want the city to take your hard earned money then don't run a red-light. Simple, really.
ascendo tuum

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Jul 6, 2010
Drink The Hive wrote:
Red Light Cameras = Safety = Local/State Revenue,The Perfect Govt Crime.
Security 4 A FEE.
Amerika The Land Of The FEE!
Security 4 A FEE??? How so??? I'll drive by a red light camera a million times and I'll never pay a cent. Why? Cuz, if the light is yellow or red... I'll stop. So, where's the fee, dumbass? hmmm... Ok... I get it... there's a fee for being a dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

College Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House of Hope/ Madisonville Rehab (May '11) Jun 8 10-4 truth 42
Tommy Curry May '17 u Have to be Kidding 1
Video -MJ- Poppin More Than Bottles (Oct '09) May '17 Come at me bro 2
Seeking A Lactating Man May '17 Quavontae 1
Home fire early morning April 18 2017 Apr '17 GRAMAFARLENE6 1
News First openly gay Texas A&M student president ho... Apr '17 Trump Plotza 12
News Why I Went Car-Free in Austin Apr '17 Went phart 1

College Station Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance