Matty OT

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Just wanted to let everyone out there esp Coach Meyers and my cousin Sgt Coyne 51 that my dad, Jim O'Toole, passed away last night. There are many people on this site that knew him.... visiting is at Maxcys Wed 7-9, Thurs 2-4, 7-9, Funeral Friday at BS.
Thanx to all the great people that he knew.
Matty
Good Old Days

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Matty OT wrote:
Just wanted to let everyone out there esp Coach Meyers and my cousin Sgt Coyne 51 that my dad, Jim O'Toole, passed away last night. There are many people on this site that knew him.... visiting is at Maxcys Wed 7-9, Thurs 2-4, 7-9, Funeral Friday at BS.
Matty
I remember your grandparents, your Dad and you uncles very well.
R.I.P. to a great New Rochelle guy.
Rich Meyers

Mount Kisco, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Matty OT wrote:
Matty
Matty So sorry to here about my good friend and your dad Jim. He was the best. What a great reporter. Spent many a Saturday with Jim on the sideline. He would interview me and then would write what i was trying to say. I will see you tomorrow. May Jim RIP. Rich AKA Coach
Rich Meyers

Mount Kisco, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Rich Meyers wrote:
<quoted text> Matty So sorry to here about my good friend and your dad Jim. He was the best. What a great reporter. Spent many a Saturday with Jim on the sideline. He would interview me and then would write what i was trying to say. I will see you tomorrow. May Jim RIP. Rich AKA Coach
Wonderful send off for JT. What a great tribute to a man that meant so much to so many. Rich
mrsme

Bronxville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Hi just commenting on lord Nicholas Bingham-wheeler, saw this guy on news 12 still alive and well. He claims to be part of a royal family? and was thrown out of his house by the banks!!!
mrsme

Bronxville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

peacepipe wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Mr Bingham-Wheeler, fascinating character and I can't believe somebody's actually mentioned him out here in Internetland. He was actually a good guy, maybe like boys a bit but never, ever laid a finger on me and my neighborhood buddies around Poplar Pl/College of NR area. We used to go to his place for late night English tea! Never anything improper. Christmastime was fun at his place too, very traditional old-school British vibe. He took the fantasy as far as anyone could possibly do it; to the point that it was 'real' in my book, whether he truly was a titled British nobleman by heritage or not.
look him up on new 12!!!! funny guy. not funny he lost his home
Mariner

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Just read that Dr.Richard Falvey DDS passed away this week at age 84. His practice was in Pelham Manor at the "4 Corners" and his son Kevin continues the practice today. He lived in N.R. in the south end, and I'm sure some on this site probably knew one or more of the 13 kids in the Falvey household! I was a patient and my parents were friends of the Falvey's. He was a great dentist and a very nice man. RIP

Since: Jul 09

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

I was saddened to hear of the death of Dr.Falvey. He and his family will be in my prayers over these next few days. How could you grow up in NR and not know the Falveys? They were a "tribe" with all those kids. I believe the younger ones went to Iona. I went to BSGS and BSHS with Kevin. We graduated from BSHS in 1974. While we were not "best buddies", we were always friends with each other. We even ran against each other for the Student Council position of President at BSHS in 1973. I remember so vividly when we were both Seniors and in West Park, NY on a Christian Brothers Leadership Conference when Kevin received news that his oldest brother Richie had been killed in a an accident...I believe it was on Pelham Road if I remember correctly. I remember feeling so bad for someone I considered a friend. I haven't had contact with Kevin in years, but I'm sure, being from the Falvey Clan, he is still a wonderful person to know. Not only was his father a pillar, but his mother was a wonderful woman, too. My prayers are with her. Let's keep Dr. Falvey and the whole Falvey family in our prayers during this time.
Rich Meyers

Katonah, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Frankie Nac rat wrote:
Hey ggg, you also were born 4 years before me. You might've known my older brother Mike Nacarato, or some of his friends,Pete DeFeo, Louie Ingram,Bobby McAvoy, who lived on the corner of Davis and Center. I think Danny Wightwick moved to that house from Ga., in the 60's. I grew up over Berger's Deli/Restaraunt on Main, right across the street from the RKO. Next to my doorway was Kadins Florist, which came to be Frank's Drugstore. Right next door was the Soochow. Do you remember when TV'
s came out, a few doors up was Dumont TV store, right next door was Roaches News store,and around the corner remember Tallerinni's Luncheonette/Ice cream shop. Where the busses use to come. Do you remember The Big Dollar on Center, our local " Super Market ", lol, with the produce next door. You might know the Sullivan Bros. they were closer to your age, maybe Johhny boy, and Danny Corello, They lived down North near Trevi's
I would cut thru the yard at Davis and Centre on my way to Church st. My paper route was the Ramsey 222 Centre and parts of Elm and Poplar.
IrishJohn

New Rochelle, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Barney wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Jack died last year. He had a bar on Huguenot St. and later on Centre Ave back in the 70's I think it was called the Crazy horse. If my memory serves me right.
Jack was my dad, died in 2007. He had the bar until about 1977 and then Vinny Pastore took it over and renamed Jacks Venture Inn to Crazy Horse.
Frankie Nac rat

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

If its the same Jack, would your dad be Jackie Mohair, or something like that. My brother Mike, Louie Ingram, Pete DeFeo, all hung around together. In the early years at BSHS, they hung out at Tompkin's Steakhouse, on Main, down by the Esso,Neptune truck lot. Between Houh. and Main streets. Maybe it was Mulhair?? not sure. But they all hung out together. On the very first licence for the Village Inn on North, My dad's name opened it.I still have the old licence. Jack was a great guy.
Good Old Days

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Jack Mulhere
Rich Meyers

Yorktown Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

IrishJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack was my dad, died in 2007. He had the bar until about 1977 and then Vinny Pastore took it over and renamed Jacks Venture Inn to Crazy Horse.
Jack was a great guy. Spent many a night at his gin mill.
Cousin Karen

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Karenanne Carties brothers theives.
Rich Meyers

Yorktown Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

sonofgarry wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Richie Meyers, was he a '60 grad? What a wild man. I mean that in a good way, of course.
Thanks for the compliments. I did coach at BS from 65 to 76 with KB. We did beat New Rochelle High in a big upset. Your right i was Captain and Middle linebacker and center of the NRHS team in 60. This is a great sight. Be well Rich

Since: Jul 09

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

You are right, Coach..this is a great site, but it used to be much more active with several posts per day. The last 6 months or so, the posts have really waned. While I now live in PA, I still love "talking NR". You help keep this NR thread going! Happy New Year, Coach.

BS '74 grad.
New Rochelle Guy

Warwick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Happy New Year Bayview et al......yes the posts have waned down quite a bit.
All we have left of New Rochelle (in my opinion) are the memories of how good it was and probably wont be again because I dont see a defining line anymore between a NYC borough and New Rochelle.....they seem to blend into each other and I find it disheartening....New Rochelle doesnt have character left...I miss the fine dept stores, the bowling, the pool rooms, the cinemas, bookies like Tony near Soo Chow, Harry the Hawk with one arm and his dog named Candy and the smoke filled shot and beer bars that were all over the place.....thats what gave it character as well.
New Rochelle Guy

Warwick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Rich Meyers wrote:
<quoted text> Jack was a great guy. Spent many a night at his gin mill.
Jack was a terrific guy...I think he lived on Stephenson Blvd.
I used to go to Jacks Lounge when I got off work at night from driving a limo.....it was a strange place with strange people but it was good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,081 - 3,100 of3,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

College-Point News Video

•••
College-Point Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

College-Point Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••