Next Last
kalvin

Hyattsville, MD

#2 Mar 14, 2010
those bastard towed my shit for no reason,from the parking lot i live in
Lady_gaga81

Lanham, MD

#4 Apr 24, 2010
These vulture preying towing thefts-extortionist were waiting for me to park at a empty parking lot next to Bank of America on rt 450.
As soon as I saw my car shook, I ran out and see these thefts trying to tow my car away.
I said that is my car and he wanted $50 cash for it. I wasn't happy but I had to pay them and move to another spot.
When I went back into the Bank, I saw that they were trying to tow 3 more cars and the others had to paid him cash on the spot.
It seems that they were waiting either at the Taco Bell or across the street at Giant. This activity is very shady and illegal.
Dan

Laurel, MD

#5 Apr 25, 2010
ok I don't understand why i got towed, I had left my temp. parking tag hanging on the rear-view mirror, and they havent expired yet. So i called the towing company and now they are swearing to everything that the Parking Permit isnt there. This is just crazy I haven't even touched the permit since the day i left it hanging there. Could they have broken into my car and took it down??
They say they left a note at the front desk, which i dont understand because as soon as they gave them the paperwork the front desk personel should have notified them that the car belonged to a resident.Now they are asking
for $500.00 to get my car back. I am a freaking student for gods shake and i live with a roomate. They are telling me if i don't have the money they would be glad to seell the car. This sucks. I hope their business goes to ruins and the owner of the company goes dead broke. How can they rely on making money out of someone else's pocket. This is fcuking extortion.
Amanda

Washington, DC

#6 Apr 29, 2010
I got home around 2am. About 3, 3:30 am I saw a tow truck driving around, looking at people's license plates. I thought nothing of it since I had just renewed my license plate tags a month ago, so I went to bed. The next day I found that my car had been towed by PME Towing, college park, for reason of expired tags. Figuring it was a mistake, I went to pick it up, only to find that my tags has been chipped away all the way down to the year '07. I have out of state plates so it would be no benefit to anyone to steal my '11 tag and pass it off as their own. I have no proof but I am very suspicious that this tow company did it for the money. I had to pay $125 in cash to get my car back (they were "so kind" to come down from $175). I did call the police but there was nothing they could do. I felt like this was all a big scam and they got away with $125 of my money
rising_sun

Washington, DC

#7 May 17, 2010
I went to the store and saw that they were closed. So I sat on the bench across the street to wait until they opened. I went back to the store, and just as I was leaving, I noticed that my car was gone. I thought it was stolen. As it turns out, my car was towed.
I called the number and the guy was extremely rude. He refused to give me the name of the company and hung up on me multiple times. On the road with no GPS and no transportation, I had to walk to the towing place. The guy gave me all sorts of false directions. I walked and walked for almost 2 hours in the rain. When I got there I had to wait on the driver for an additional 30 minutes (in the rain, of course).
He charged me $175 and claimed that it was an impound by contract with the owner to tow cars due to walk off. I started wondering whether the store would really have a contract with PME where customers park their car and wait even 10 minutes until the store opens. So I called the store to verify what he said. After I called and requested the manager so I could find out who the person in charge of the entire mall is, he began to fill out the receipt claiming that it was impounded by police. Confused, I called the police department and they confirmed that the police does not impound cars due to walk off. They are definitely shady.
Could this be predatory towing? Aren't there laws against this? I read on another website that PME Towing might not be licensed and has no insurance.
Jen

Westminster, MD

#8 Jun 2, 2010
Hey guys I just got my car towed by PME today too and I totally understand how everyone feels, confused, cheated, and robbed. As a college student who has to pay her own rent and food, I do not have extra 175 dollars to blow on so called parking violations. I was wondering, has anyone gone to the police? Did you get your money back?
If not, would you guys like to get together on this subject matter and bring justice to everyone who has been cheated by PME. I really can't just let this go.

anyways, I really hope you guys can read my message and we can all figure a plan.

Best,
Jen
monique

Arlington, VA

#9 Jun 5, 2010
PME towing is crooked! I parked my car on rte 450 as well, and I went to the atm machine, I wasn't gone for a minute, and when I came back my car was being towed. I was on my way to the doctor and had to get my co-payment because my doctor does not except checkcards. I was sick w/ severe respiratory problem and could not breathe, the man told me $50.00 if i don't have it or I don't get like now he was going to tow my car and he knows the law he was very rude, and thought he could treat me however, his customer service was awful! it's bad enough you are towing my car but don't treat me like ****. I felt really sick after this incident and my pressure was sky high. Luckily my dentist office is right there and they have the contract w/ them. I called them and the fool had to put my car down. Even, Bank of America that is right there reported they are shady, and crooked. There pratcies need to be exposed! I spoke to the manager who claimed he is going to have a sit down w/ the man, I don't even know his name so how would he have sit down, plus you follow-up with your employees per memo. You reprimand your employees, they are all probably crooked together. it's terrible that they use illegal practices for their business but trust me it will come to the light!
monique

Arlington, VA

#10 Jun 5, 2010
Yes, I would Jen justice needs to be borught!
Kim

Waterloo, Canada

#11 Jul 11, 2010
I think we need to get together on this matter. This company is shady and towing for no reason. What do you all think can be done? This is so crazy.
Rob

Woodbridge, VA

#12 Sep 25, 2010
These posts just confirm whats wrong with ppeople today. Not one of you takes responsibility for being in the wrong. Now I have no doubt that some of their practices may noy be the best; but don't post sensationalized stories. "I walked around in the rain for two hours".."They took my sticker off my car" get real. Those bamas make money hand over foot legally! Why mess up a legit business. You people get on here and make these outlandish claims but when your car breaks down.....who do you call? Take responsibility for your actions. If the sign says don't park....DON"T PARK
Brian

College Park, MD

#13 Nov 1, 2010
I had my car parked in a parking lot inside of College Park Knox. There was no sign anywhere visible indicating that any sort o permit was required to park. It was around 3am, I found my car to be gone. I concluded that my car was either stolen or towed. I decided on the latter. I'm left in the freezing cold at 5am in a dangerous part of neighborhood. My wallet, phone and jacket was in the car. I called them the next morning around 1pm, only to find out that they close at 1 on Sundays.... The guy who picked up the phone said he'd wait a bit for me after closing time (how nice! NOT) to come down, I'm assuming they often pocket some of the money, otherwise I don't think he would give 2 shits about helping out the customers... So now I'm here, awaiting to pay a $275 fee,$225 for the impound and an extra $50 for "storage fees" which I'm sure they leave my car to rot in a dirt lot vulnerable to who knows what. According to the laws pertinent to markings relative to towing, the sign MUST be visible at least at the entrance of the lot. All I saw was a small blank white metal sign on a rusty chain linked fence that was worn down due to weather. I highly doubt that sign even had anything to do with towing. This company is negligent, rude, and are thieves to poor students such as myself. I'm seeing these complaints of PME towing online and it dates anywhere from just recently and long ago. Something needs to be done.
If anyone cares to do anything, please email me.
[email protected] I will happily be on board for anything to oppose this company.
Benny

Glen Burnie, MD

#14 Nov 6, 2010
My car was towed from my apartment complex's parking lot. PME claims my registration tags were expired, which is not true and I can prove it. My car needs a new battery so I couldn't just pick it up and drive it away. So they charged me $225. for bring it it back. The just take cash, which I think is kinda shady, but at least I got a receipt. I was gonna sue the company who rents me the apartment for a refund on what I spent; after all, the are the ones who allow this crooks to come tow the tenants' cars. After reading all this complains, I'm also suing the towing company. Somebody has to teach this crooks a lesson.
PME Just doing there job

Silver Spring, MD

#15 Dec 6, 2010
I hate living in college park just as much as anyone else and parking sucks. I live in a knox box and we only get one spot for our apartment. So when someone is in my spot and I can't park any where else, I make sure they are not my neighbor's car or their friends cars. So I have no choice but to have it towed. I use PME because they are FAST! always come in 5-10 minutes move the car and then I can park.:)
Jack Mehoff

Warrington, PA

#16 Mar 7, 2011
At cash only operations always demand a receipt. If they refuse call the cops and report them to the IRS. If the IRS gets enough complaints they will audit this crooked operation.
renZO

Teaneck, NJ

#17 Mar 17, 2011
My car was towed today.!!i live orchard pond..i parked in visitor for couples hrs..i called the PME towing thiefs.scamers.broke ass company to ask them why did they town my car..the told me cause i didnt have the parking permit..when the lease contract of the apartment just said u need the permit when u stay up to 3 day i was parked for 4 hrs..i didnt spent the night cause i called them at 1am..PME towing! come and find me!..man up!!bitches!
Upset customer

Silver Spring, MD

#18 Sep 22, 2011
PME reported the wrong VIN number to the police. When I tried to locate my vehicle there was no record and my car was reported stolen. I had to get a rental and pay for it, buy new car seats and stollers for my two children (4 months and 4 years old). I missed two days work had to file paperwork with the insurance company with the police with the bank, etc. Then they toed my rental and that is the only reason I located my vehicle. No one wants to own up to this nightmare. I am going to file a formal complaint against the company and since the "tow man" doesn't want to talk to me I guess he will see me in small claims court.
Truth

Clarksville, MD

#19 Dec 1, 2011
If this company towed you from anne arundel county, you have the right to get your money back! They are not licensed to tow in anne arundel county for private impounds!! Dont let them get away with stealing your money and car!!
Miriam

Chesterfield, MO

#21 Jul 18, 2012
Jen wrote:
Hey guys I just got my car towed by PME today too and I totally understand how everyone feels, confused, cheated, and robbed. As a college student who has to pay her own rent and food, I do not have extra 175 dollars to blow on so called parking violations. I was wondering, has anyone gone to the police? Did you get your money back?
If not, would you guys like to get together on this subject matter and bring justice to everyone who has been cheated by PME. I really can't just let this go.
anyways, I really hope you guys can read my message and we can all figure a plan.
Best,
Jen
Jen, I know this is a few years later, but i had to try and reach out to you regarding this matter. I too have been a victim of PME twice, getting towed from my own parking lot where I live! I am filing a civil suit against them because they have damaged my car on BOTH occasions of them towing it, and they had no right!the first time thye did damage by trying to clearly break into my car with a jimmie...mind you i still had temporary tags and had just purchased my 2012 chevy camero 2 weeks prior! I was livid and still am. I just had to pay the $175 yesterday after they towed my car at 2:30 am (sneaky bastards wait until people are asleep) and tried to say I did not have my parking sticker in the window, which I DID! i know it is way past your post, but i wish i could ban together with someone to get these bastards to court!
letsjustkeepitre al

Washington, DC

#22 Nov 8, 2012
rising_sun wrote:
I went to the store and saw that they were closed. So I sat on the bench across the street to wait until they opened. I went back to the store, and just as I was leaving, I noticed that my car was gone. I thought it was stolen. As it turns out, my car was towed.
I called the number and the guy was extremely rude. He refused to give me the name of the company and hung up on me multiple times. On the road with no GPS and no transportation, I had to walk to the towing place. The guy gave me all sorts of false directions. I walked and walked for almost 2 hours in the rain. When I got there I had to wait on the driver for an additional 30 minutes (in the rain, of course).
He charged me $175 and claimed that it was an impound by contract with the owner to tow cars due to walk off. I started wondering whether the store would really have a contract with PME where customers park their car and wait even 10 minutes until the store opens. So I called the store to verify what he said. After I called and requested the manager so I could find out who the person in charge of the entire mall is, he began to fill out the receipt claiming that it was impounded by police. Confused, I called the police department and they confirmed that the police does not impound cars due to walk off. They are definitely shady.
Could this be predatory towing? Aren't there laws against this? I read on another website that PME Towing might not be licensed and has no insurance.
Any towing bussines can not operate if they dont have license or insurence if you look at the front pumper of any impound company they hace a sticker from the county and thats ther license and to get that sticker they have to have $1,000,000,. Insurance covered .. all this comemts is just what people thinks and not what really is .They just doing there job just make aure u have everything straight on your car or you gonnaa get towed and is not the companies foult.
lets-just-keep-i t-real

Washington, DC

#23 Nov 8, 2012
U all people need to get together to keep it real .. if you got towed is because you think your right and you dont need no permit or just because is a parking lot u wont get towed is not what you think is what it is. it only takes 1. minute to tow a car and if you were ther for a couple of hours u gave them way to much time lol. and remember they have pictures to prove your violation..SO JUST KEEP IT REAL AND MAKE SURE UR STRAIGHT WHERE U PARK BECAUSE U MIGHT GET TOWED AGAIN SO LEARN UR DAMN LESON LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

College Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hyattsville (Jan '16) 23 hr Tahlia G 143
News Third teen arrested in fatal shooting in Laurel Nov 19 tony 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Falls Church (Mar '17) Nov 13 Jenna G 30
Kut 'N Kurl Beauty Salon Nov 7 MaryEden 1
Review: Gary Gerstenfield Attorney (Feb '12) Nov 6 Bill 17
News Maryland Muslims brace for life under Trump Nov 4 Khan 3
Silver Spring Survey Nov 2 Ngamoran 1

College Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance