New book about "A Place Called Pinecr...

New book about "A Place Called Pinecrest."

Posted in the Colfax Forum

“Memories of Pinecrest in Photo”

Since: Jan 09

Whereever my R/V takes me

#1 Jan 16, 2009
After 40 years of summer camping in Pinecest, as a author/photographer, I decided to write a book about Pinecrest. It's called, A Place Called Pinecrest." It not only about Pinecrest and Strawberry, but covers the early pioneers, the Sonora-Mono road, logging railroading, stage stops, indians, and much more. A lot of historic photos- some I had taken. If you have interest check out www.aplacecalledpinecrest.com . My other book on Pickering, Sierra and West Side Lumber Co's logging railroad check out :whensteamwasking.com

gerald
Long Barn

Modesto, CA

#2 Jul 7, 2009
Love the book. We have our own cabin in Long Barn and have this book sitting on the coffee table for everyone to enjoy. We have friends who live full time in Long Barn who have lived in some of the houses in your book and who have worked in some of the spots mentioned in your book.
We would really like to get an autographed copy of your book for them to cherish but Barnes and Nobles has run out of copies.
Anyone who knows anything about the areas in your book should really appreciate their own copy.
Sorry we missed the book signing in Stockton as we reside here when not at our cabin.
Tiffany

Milpitas, CA

#3 Aug 8, 2010
where can I get a copy of this book?
Fred Meyer

San Lorenzo, CA

#4 May 31, 2014
I would like to buy this book.Can you help
Peter Pinecrest

Fair Oaks, CA

#5 Feb 11, 2015
Fred Meyer wrote:
I would like to buy this book.Can you help
You might also consider "Memories of Pinecrest" which was published 3 years prior to this book. I wonder where Gerald got his insipration?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is it Time to Replace Sheriff Bonner? (Oct '14) Jul 4 Pentlo 6
News Court Wrap: Restitution hearing postponed in Ye... Jun '15 stolen from by Huni 3
David Dallas Withrow May '15 Beau Vine 6
News Nevada County opens public comment period for r... May '15 Beverly Schuetz 1
Increased air traffic over Meadow Vista May '15 bobsyouruncle 1
Patient blacklisting happens (Jul '06) May '15 kmtpkb2 33
Disillusioned with Child Protective Services in... (Jun '06) May '15 pushthrew 77
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colfax Mortgages