California seeks to ban free, single-...

California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

There are 5134 comments on the Chain Store Age story from Jun 5, 2010, titled California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail. In it, Chain Store Age reports that:

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chain Store Age.

Proxy Paul A

Glendora, CA

#5809 Aug 12, 2014
PPA - what's your beef?

Get off the pogo stick and shut up.
Paul A

Apo, AP

#5810 Aug 13, 2014
My beef will be in your orifice man of many names !
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#5811 Aug 13, 2014
The looney ratbag from Co-wino is a man? Golly!
SteveO

Apo, AP

#5812 Aug 13, 2014
Look at Australia and see how they are doing ?
lasting Hs

Glendora, CA

#5813 Aug 13, 2014
How many 3 Pee homania Republicans des it take to make a mess on this site and other's.
Plumperfatboyora ngecove

Apo, AP

#5814 Aug 13, 2014
It takes a fat orange cove punk that is mixed with 6 libsards and a crap family .
orange coast

Glendora, CA

#5815 Aug 13, 2014
It takes a fat orange GOP punk that is mixed with 6 tea bags and a carp family, plump fat boy or organ covered In Republican's.
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#5816 Aug 13, 2014
Me granddad left Australia with only 20 pounds. 'E had ten pounds around each ankle.
GOgreen

Long Beach, CA

#5818 Aug 14, 2014
David wrote:
Social engineering strikes again. What a waste of time and effort. And the authors of this legislation probably think they are saving the world ... How about solving the real issues?
It's a start and we have to start somewhere, respect mother Earth......you putz

Since: Oct 13

Los Angeles, CA

#5819 Aug 14, 2014
We should have a freedom right to buy an hdmi converter from http://www.hdgenius.com/HDMI-to-SDI-Converter...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#5820 Aug 14, 2014
Don't kill yourself because Earth's climate is changing, post. Never give up hope, talk to someone and get help. Make sure you pick someone trustworthy.
albert

Absecon, NJ

#5821 Aug 14, 2014
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?
patch gone heel

Glendora, CA

#5822 Aug 14, 2014
Glendora patch com has really gone to heel lately.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#5823 Aug 14, 2014
albert wrote:
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?
The law.
hornswoggled

Glendora, CA

#5824 Aug 14, 2014
Hornswoggled again.
Rankinstickinude ep

Apo, AP

#5825 Aug 14, 2014
You mean Rankin bottoming out in you
Fairy Boat Woodshero

San Francisco, CA

#5826 Aug 14, 2014
We needs to elect Don Runsfelt and Ted Bundy for presidents in'16. Only them two will stop all the gay babies from assaulting ou Guard at the southern border as them stinkin brats demand voter I D and limos to take them to abortion dental clinics to stop the godfearing folk who demonstrate their anger at this and all the other stuff so as it is writ in the amenmints. The amenmints must be preserved at all cost for all except for them what dont get it right the first time over and over and also what look wrong too. NO DANG RENTS OR TAXES!
Laternly Wanker

San Francisco, CA

#5827 Aug 14, 2014
How,
the reel question is why we dont appoint RUNSFELTS as president right off. We dont need no stinkin left wing congresses to do it all we got to do is vote an election by demand and export democracy. PROTECTION for the ammenmints is the cause.
S load

Glendora, CA

#5828 Aug 14, 2014
Just bring your owners manual

Since: May 14

Mckinleyville, CA

#5829 Aug 14, 2014
Where are all the pro-choice people crying about losing their freedom of choice?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Dallas Withrow (Apr '15) Jun 1 BeauVine 9
Auburn Walmart News May '16 Jeff 2
Disillusioned with Child Protective Services in... (Jun '06) May '16 Anonymous 80
News Rescuers give details surrounding teen's drowni... Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News Serial ADA lawsuit filer striking Bay Area Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News David Ryland: Centennial Reservoir Project a ba... Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News New school board trustee selected, seated durin... (Oct '15) Oct '15 LaTricia 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colfax Mortgages