California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,064

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5549 Jun 19, 2014
So orginal wrote:
What's so original about idiots posting about dead issues?
So orginal.

Yes. I agree, but how do we answer those who say that Topix is plagued every summer with little White children making inane comments vying with the Africans for the title of "most stupid"? According to their reasoning, high paid taxpayer supported Government teachers are salaried, not hourly rate employees. It wouldn't cost any more to keep Government schools open year round.

Ronald
Front Row

Monrovia, CA

#5550 Jun 19, 2014
Stop with putting the ignorant people n the front row.
Front Row

Monrovia, CA

#5551 Jun 19, 2014
Stop with putting the ignorant people in the front row.
InDefenseOf

Hemet, CA

#5552 Jun 20, 2014
Repeating comments are common here because this site jams your kypad to drop letters and mouse cick often not responsive. Some automatic spell correct.
I've left mistkes to show it in action while typing. site oftn loses posts. TOPIX site just said this post is innapropriate profane or offensive.
wil retry
mind your

Monrovia, CA

#5553 Jun 20, 2014
Just do the right thing and mind your own business.
Contrails

Hemet, CA

#5554 Jun 20, 2014
airspeed 2,193 mph
alTITude: 85,650 feet
heading: 43 dgrees NNW.

....huh?
what was that?
ONaCLEArDAy

Hemet, CA

#5555 Jun 20, 2014
you can see foreeeeevveeerrrrrr
...i'm havin a nice one :D
Spread more JOY!
use less baggs
Joe Schmo

San Luis Obispo, CA

#5556 Jun 20, 2014
Isnt California Clearcutted from haveing trees and the only ones left are the ones being planted by the lumber yards and the people who choose to plant them?

Most Bags in Califronia are not made from Recycled Paper.

Paper Bags are not Waterproof.

Most Cities in California have an Air Pollution Problem.

Most Trees in California are Palm Trees otherwise they are making bags from Redwoods or Going out of State.
Joe Schmo

San Luis Obispo, CA

#5557 Jun 20, 2014
Why dont the bags say Recycled Paper?
They dont have a unique symbol and they break easy..
Joe Schmo

San Luis Obispo, CA

#5558 Jun 20, 2014
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
So orginal.
Yes. I agree, but how do we answer those who say that Topix is plagued every summer with little White children making inane comments vying with the Africans for the title of "most stupid"? According to their reasoning, high paid taxpayer supported Government teachers are salaried, not hourly rate employees. It wouldn't cost any more to keep Government schools open year round.
Ronald
Not for nothing Hating the White People went out of Style. the hatred is in the Ignorance that is taught both physically and mentally. The white people did not sell slaves in most states. if this is the white people's country then how come it took the first 100 years to stop the trade of slaves. grow up.
Anyway why dont your precious Paper BAAGS have a recycled stamp on them? because your state is corrupt and you use redwoods to make paper bags not recycled paper. And paper bags are not waterproof. and why are all your cities dominant on the top 100 most Air Polluted Cities in the country. Because you have no IQ which means you are not Intelligent enough to have an opinion. Not for anything but California needs to become its own ignorant land with its own ignorant country because you speak computerized spanish on behalf of the government, where there isnt even a spanish population. drop dead. youre not an indian and you dont own hating the white people.
EvenAtThisSpEEd

Hemet, CA

#5559 Jun 20, 2014
the sound of the aircraft inside the cockpit can lull you to sleep
CaseInPoint

Hemet, CA

#5560 Jun 20, 2014
just ask Joe Schmo
Mail it

Monrovia, CA

#5561 Jun 20, 2014
Put the point in a suit case and mail it to the Wazz.
Wazz

Hemet, CA

#5562 Jun 20, 2014
Slang - to blend, mx, emulsify
Joe has a VitaMix
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5563 Jun 20, 2014
Joe Schmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for nothing Hating the White People went out of Style. the hatred is in the Ignorance that is taught both physically and mentally. The white people did not sell slaves in most states. if this is the white people's country then how come it took the first 100 years to stop the trade of slaves. grow up.
Anyway why dont your precious Paper BAAGS have a recycled stamp on them? because your state is corrupt and you use redwoods to make paper bags not recycled paper. And paper bags are not waterproof. and why are all your cities dominant on the top 100 most Air Polluted Cities in the country. Because you have no IQ which means you are not Intelligent enough to have an opinion. Not for anything but California needs to become its own ignorant land with its own ignorant country because you speak computerized spanish on behalf of the government, where there isnt even a spanish population. drop dead. youre not an indian and you dont own hating the white people.
Joe Schmo.

I think I may agree with much of what you have written, but would you please cogently restate your position so that I may be sure?

Ronald
up up and away

Monrovia, CA

#5564 Jun 20, 2014
The price is going up for carry on's and for that great TSA security groping perv's.
indigenous

Hemet, CA

#5565 Jun 20, 2014
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Schmo.
I think I may agree with much of what you have written, but would you please cogently restate your position so that I may be sure?
Ronald
...not too bright, but he's inspired.
Lucky

San Francisco, CA

#5566 Jun 20, 2014
Four out of five shopping bags prefer to leave their husbands at home.
startngToLookBet ter

Hemet, CA

#5567 Jun 20, 2014
one HAPPY bag here!
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#5568 Jun 20, 2014
Happy, ugly Hag, indeed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 hr Downtown News 2,264
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Just saying 15,988
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 19 hr langles 200,930
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 9 whispering shades 7,952
East Palo Alto's Highway 101 Ped/Bike Bridge Al... Aug 16 fishes 1
Restored - steam donkey' from Birchville Mine n... Aug '14 The right is wrong 2
Spa cover recommendation Aug '14 mmeisner 1
•••
•••
•••

Colfax Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••