Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,356

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222889 Oct 29, 2013
Frankie, I hope they fix the Omamy online enrollment for your sake. calm down clown
Number 9

Azusa, CA

#222890 Oct 29, 2013
Number 9 has been just about every where there is to travel on two steel rails.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222891 Oct 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Speculation is all you got, there are no facts to back you up. Which is funny coming from a person that says he goes by facts. LOL What the F are you doing around kids? What do you mean demonstration? What are you doing? YOU need to be reported.
It isn't isn't like a religion, I don't have "faith", I look at actual evidence, and there is none that is credible.

That does not mean there weren't, we don't know, but I don't have to make up a fairy story because we do not know.

I am around kids all the time, unlike someone that would teach a religion I am welcome, invited to our children's public schools.

Go ahead and report me, one of my fellow astronomers happens to be a policeman.
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222892 Oct 30, 2013
Do you have faith in yourself?
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222893 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't isn't like a religion, I don't have "faith", I look at actual evidence, and there is none that is credible.
That does not mean there weren't, we don't know, but I don't have to make up a fairy story because we do not know.
I am around kids all the time, unlike someone that would teach a religion I am welcome, invited to our children's public schools.
Go ahead and report me, one of my fellow astronomers happens to be a policeman.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#222894 Oct 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And your boyfriend's scrotum.
Maybe that's where he puts the hot buttered rum.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#222895 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't isn't like a religion, I don't have "faith", I look at actual evidence...
Good. Here is some evolutionary science.

At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making SS marriage an oxymoron.

Smirk.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222896 Oct 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making SS marriage an oxymoron.
Smirk.
on no, they are facts, provably so and irrefutable.

Like the fact that same sex couples are married, irrefutable, provably so, legally married and recognized by the federal government

Yes there are morons that close their eyes and pretend otherwise, but they are nothing but laughing stock
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222897 Oct 30, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need that, I know for a fact I actually exist :)

Since: Mar 07

Rhoadesville, VA

#222898 Oct 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that evolution requires legal restraints on mating behaviors? And you believe that the sole purpose of marriage is to create that restriction, even though married people can and do mate in a variety of ways with a variety of people, or not at all?

Too funny. I'd love to see you actually try to back that one up.

I'm not sure you understand that evolution is.

And now back to the topic - gay folks are still legally married and marrying in California, and the federal government recognizes each of those marriages.

Learn to face reality.

Location hidden

#222899 Oct 30, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that evolution requires legal restraints on mating behaviors? And you believe that the sole purpose of marriage is to create that restriction, even though married people can and do mate in a variety of ways with a variety of people, or not at all?
Too funny. I'd love to see you actually try to back that one up.
I'm not sure you understand that evolution is.
And now back to the topic - gay folks are still legally married and marrying in California, and the federal government recognizes each of those marriages.
Learn to face reality.
I didn't state my beliefs. I stated a constraint that every society in human history has practiced. In fact, social scientists assert it has been present for ten million years.

Nor did I ever state it is the 'sole' purpose of marriage. It is the most basic essence however. Scientists also assert marriage would not exist we're it not for children.

All of this simply and clearly makes your 'back to the topic' a fallacy. Perhaps you want to switch from science to religion to make your point???

Lol.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222901 Oct 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't state my beliefs. I stated a constraint that every society in human history has practiced. In fact, social scientists assert it has been present for ten million years.
Nor did I ever state it is the 'sole' purpose of marriage. It is the most basic essence however. Scientists also assert marriage would not exist we're it not for children.
All of this simply and clearly makes your 'back to the topic' a fallacy. Perhaps you want to switch from science to religion to make your point???
Lol.
It doesnít matter if you state your beliefs or not, your disdain for science, your miscomprehending of evolutionary process, and your insistence that marriage ( which only exists in Humans as a legal contract and does not exist in the rest of the animal kingdom at all ) makes it obvious.

Marriage only exists as a legal contract, and I can prove beyond any possible doubt that same sex couples are married.

That is a fact, that you have your eyes tightly closed to.
Dorn

La Puente, CA

#222902 Oct 30, 2013
When Gay couples who love each other exclusively want to be married and accepted in society, they should be respected and receive the same benefits that straight married couples have. It is now happening and I am in support of the laws which are allowing it to happen.
In the past loving commited gay couples had to stay in the closet to avoid being discriminated against. That was wrong!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222904 Oct 30, 2013
Dorn wrote:
When Gay couples who love each other exclusively want to be married and accepted in society, they should be respected and receive the same benefits that straight married couples have. It is now happening and I am in support of the laws which are allowing it to happen.
In the past loving commited gay couples had to stay in the closet to avoid being discriminated against. That was wrong!
In more and more states and nations around the country that is becoming true.

Donít lose heart, there are many of us heterosexuals that fight for equal rights for our fellow Americans.

Those left brooding over ancient dogma are losing power, respect and any credibility.

Location hidden

#222905 Oct 30, 2013
Dorn wrote:
Marriage describes a distinct relationship in society. SS couples are not the same. They have every right and ability to establish their own identity and rights.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222906 Oct 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage describes a distinct relationship in society. SS couples are not the same. They have every right and ability to establish their own identity and rights.
They have established their identity and rights, they are married.
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222907 Oct 30, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's where he puts the hot buttered rum.
so you can lick it off Putro ...
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222908 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need that, I know for a fact I actually exist :)
Ok so you exist and you don't need faith in other things. Now you can answer, do you have faith in yourself? Yes or No ...
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222909 Oct 30, 2013
Dorn wrote:
Society is not as receptive as you may want or think. Gays are still finding ways to challenge society for example the two queers that were making out in the back seat of a private taxi cab for example, now the are suing the cab company becaus the driver kicked them out of the cab. The homos knew what they were planning and that was a law suit for recognition. lol that is just the begining
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222910 Oct 30, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you exist and you don't need faith in other things. Now you can answer, do you have faith in yourself? Yes or No ...
No, I have knowledge of me, faith is opposed to knowledge, I have knowledge of me, faith is meaningless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Auburn Smoke Shop Feb 23 Ray493 1
legit pain P.I.L.L.S Feb 23 hju 1
Grass Valley Predator Drugs, Rapes 16 Year Old ... Feb 18 Disgusted 1
New book about "A Place Called Pinecrest." (Jan '09) Feb 11 Peter Pinecrest 5
Amgen Tour of California route to traverse Neva... Jan 30 Sylvia 1
Bayside Church new to Auburn (Aug '08) Dec '14 Ms Tambo 20
Is it Time to Replace Sheriff Bonner? Dec '14 digley 4
Colfax Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web