Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,372)

Showing posts 187,421 - 187,440 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>You do not seem to know much. Also, since you are a guest, you have overstayed your welcome.
You comment added nothing to the conversation. You may leave now. Goodbye!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think we are laughing. And with all the gays with AIDS and the suicide affliction, you gays are surely not laughing.
Many of us are laughing at your ignorance.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
For those with poor reading comprehension, let me explicitly state the point here: Not everything that was in place over 200 years ago was right. Some things were later deemed to be wrong and were amended, as they should have been. Denying rights to people because of their sexual orientation is one other item that falls into this category. Things evolve during human history. Currently, gays have the legal right to marry in the state of California. This is a simple fact.
Marriage is and always has been, a distinct relationship.

Ss couples clearly don't equate.

It's as plain as the nose on your face.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bigoted ignorant statement. The Founding Fathers knew that they had established the eventual demise of slavery.
Moreover, equating a difference in skin color, and the result of mating behavior based on orientation are two very distinct issues. Especially in a military setting.
If you somehow interpreted that post as "bigoted" you have poor reading comprehension skills. I make another post for people with that affliction.
Muy Tit Clamps

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot, don't you mean DUH? Look at the retard, he can not even spell "DUH". Try spelling this word "A". Hint, I just spelled it for you, you dumb gaytard.
I get why you coughed. I guess the gay boy hit a butt spot. LOL.
doh
d&#333;/
exclamation informal
used to comment on a foolish or stupid action, esp. one's own.
"I keep crashing cars. Doh! What a dummy!"

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is and always has been, a distinct relationship.
Ss couples clearly don't equate.
It's as plain as the nose on your face.
Marriage between 2 males or 2 females is now legal in the state of California. You are over-ruled. Re-posting cut-and-paste quips from your 16,000 previous posts will not change that.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bigoted ignorant statement. The Founding Fathers knew that they had established the eventual demise of slavery.
Moreover, equating a difference in skin color, and the result of mating behavior based on orientation are two very distinct issues. Especially in a military setting.
For your convenience, here is my post for those with poor reading comprehension skills:

guest wrote:

<quoted text>
The framers of the Constitution also didn't consider people of certain races to be 100% human, as evidenced by the fact they only counted as 3/5 of a person in the census. Let's see, how did that turn out? Is that still in place?

For those with poor reading comprehension, let me explicitly state the point here: Not everything that was in place over 200 years ago was right. Some things were later deemed to be wrong and were amended, as they should have been. Denying rights to people because of their sexual orientation is one other item that falls into this category. Things evolve during human history. Currently, gays have the legal right to marry in the state of California. This is a simple fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage between 2 males or 2 females is now legal in the state of California. You are over-ruled. Re-posting cut-and-paste quips from your 16,000 previous posts will not change that.
You state a manipulated fraudulent law.

I state plain facts of reality, science and history.

You honey, are the one who is over-ruled.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
For your convenience, here is my post for those with poor reading comprehension skills:
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The framers of the Constitution also didn't consider people of certain races to be 100% human, as evidenced by the fact they only counted as 3/5 of a person in the census. Let's see, how did that turn out? Is that still in place?
I understood your post perfectly.

My post exposed the ignorance and bigotry you are seeking to pass off.

Slavery has come and gone and come again. Is that the 'evolution' you are speaking of??? As to calling ss couples married? In all of human history, it has NEVER established itself.

Marriage however, has been present in every single culture.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
I nor anyone else in here stopped your blabbering rants moron.
LOL!!!!
The rants are all yours.

Additionally, neither of us speak for 'all'. I recognize that, you don't.

Enough said.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you posted this foolishness and ignorance now twice. The framers of the constitution had nothing to did with the congressional seat designation of counting slaves as 3/5, when the slave owners wanted to count slaves as a while person. You are an idiot racist bigot.
No, I am not. But you are a troll who is now ignored. Bye!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...right...
...and yet again you don't have a reliable source whatsoever.
Don't you get tired of your lying ass thinking you can make shit up and it should be taken as fact???
Still can't find the source of a complete post?

Makes you a complete idiot.

Smirk.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage between 2 males or 2 females is not legal in the 37 states and 187 countries. You are over-ruled. Re-posting cut-and-paste quips from your previous grey box posts will not change that.
You will be over-ruled in those 37 states. It just hasn't happened yet. Progress takes time. Have a nice day troll.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the 'bigots' who wrote the Constitution? Because they prohibited gays from serving. For good reason.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No mention of gays being banned was ever mentioned in the Constitution liar.
FYI idiot.
DAmn you are stupid.

Read it again. Now again, real slow.

I referenced the writers not the document.

Idiot.

Snicker.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>All of us are laughing at you gayness. We learned it from your mom.
You think I care that an internet troll laughs at me because of who I am? Now THAT is hilarious. You are making yourself look like such a fool.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You state a manipulated fraudulent law.
I state plain facts of reality, science and history.
You honey, are the one who is over-ruled.
Smile.
In California, gays can marry. This is a plain, simple fact. FYI, usually it is only old ladies or gay males who are being humorous who use the word "honey" when addressing another person. Hmmm, which are you?
FlushWorthy

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Wall Street implemented new reforms after the collapse of Lehman Brothers, but to many Americans, it still looks like business as usual.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> .... As to calling ss couples married? In all of human history, it has NEVER established itself.
Marriage however, has been present in every single culture.
So today is not part of human history? In CA, same sex partners are allowed to marry. And some are. You can struggle against that all you want, but it is a fact.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am.
As STUPID as you are I don't want to be a contributing factor to your health given you might take a harmful suggestion from me and act on it amongst other things.
BAH HAH HAH!!!!!!!!!!
You should be the worried one being into unnatural sex, you are sick.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
I have an idea for you kind and decent gays. If you want any normal people to support your cause, then you need to present a reasonable cause based on verifiable scientific facts. Your whining is not sufficient, your depression and mental conditions will get better when you accept that fact.
Nobody "needs" to do anything you request in your ridiculous Topix posts. Move along now, angry little troll. Bye!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 187,421 - 187,440 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Colfax Discussions

Search the Colfax Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr all doned in 4,864
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Jury deadlocked in Madsen murder trial (Mar '09) Jul 7 concerned 8
Artistry in the sand Jun 25 DBS 2
Restored - steam donkey' from Birchville Mine n... Jun 15 John Taubeneck 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Colfax Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••