Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
185,761 - 185,780 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a near senile old jackass.
I also am a redeemed cynic who remains a barbarian.
I enjoy sinking the knife of reality into the belly of denial to the hilt and twisting it with a smirk.
I am committed to kick at the darkness until it bleeds light.
I also am a genetic chimera AND a hermaphrodite. literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man.
Smile.
So, if you're "literally a lesbian", and you are married to a woman, AND you have a vagina, then you and your wife are THE poster children for same-sex marriage.

"In the End" you are a hypocrite.
Steve

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe lesbians dress to please themselves. When I get up in the morning I don't rush to the closet to see what outfit I can put on that will attract other gay men. Do you get up in the morning with the intention of attracting other women?
Most people put on the clothes and fix themselves up based on what makes them feel comfortable.
And lesbians don't "act like a man". They act like "lesbians".
I know you won't acknowledge this because all you're interested in is tearing people down.
I just feel it's necessary to expose your stupidity.
"Do you get up in the morning with the intention of attracting other women?", Yes, yes I do, for it is Natures wish.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that is not uncommon for an uncommon condition.
But that hasn't stopped you before.
Well Bub, the very same thing can be said for you...And as a matter of fact, I think you're full of sh*t on the subject anyway..I don't believe you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if you're "literally a lesbian", and you are married to a woman, AND you have a vagina, then you and your wife are THE poster children for same-sex marriage.
In his "End" eh? Calm down loverboy! Geez. YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do you get up in the morning with the intention of attracting other women?", Yes, yes I do, for it is Natures wish.
Me too! Always on the prowl. And I'm pretty old.~Whoop!~Whoop! Ah good times.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! He refused to have intercourse with Monica. She was the agressor in that affair, and perhaps a plant in an attempt to put him in trouble.
Yeah. That's it! She molested him. Forced him to open his fly. Oh the horror.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your mind, the straight man doesn't count? I'm shocked....

If we followed your lack of reasoning, I'd be on a polygamous relationship, not a SS couple.

However, the straight man is on the marriage license, not the slut lesbian.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe lesbians dress to please themselves. When I get up in the morning I don't rush to the closet to see what outfit I can put on that will attract other gay men. Do you get up in the morning with the intention of attracting other women?
Most people put on the clothes and fix themselves up based on what makes them feel comfortable.
I know you won't acknowledge this because all you're interested in is tearing people down.
Queen, when have I not responded to my favorite gay twirler?

Butch lesbians dress and act like men because they feel like men. That is why they are described as butch.

Moreover, you are denying mating behavior, because you know in this case it is highly dysfunctional.

You are avoiding the question, just like you always do.

I feel it is necessary to expose your idiotic gay twirl.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Believe Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really this clueless? At once, all schools were religious and most were taught in churches. Any atheist who wanted to learn went to a church. IN fact, most all of our universities were affiliated with a church. There are over 2000 religious affiliated institutions, three being Harvard, Yale and Notre Dame. The law was not enforced regarding not reading scriptures in school, it was changed. In fact, scripture can e read in schools, but just not for conversion and denominational reasons. It can be done by individual or non-school sponsored groups or by school sponsored if for literary, poetic or historical context.
Read the comment I was posting. She said that she was in trouble for getting scripture back in schools: "I have had was to get a restraining order from schools because they were unwilling to hear the voice of God in our education system." We are talking about public schools. I have been out of public schools for sometime now and we never had scripture in school, it's illegal unless it's a class on religion and being taught from a historical viewpoint.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Read the comment I was posting. She said that she was in trouble for getting scripture back in schools: "I have had was to get a restraining order from schools because they were unwilling to hear the voice of God in our education system." We are talking about public schools. I have been out of public schools for sometime now and we never had scripture in school, it's illegal unless it's a class on religion and being taught from a historical viewpoint.
I agree, we don’t want the Quran, or the Bagividad Gita or any scriptures taught in our schools.

She should be in trouble, I would turn her in myself.

I wish they could understand that it is as offensive to me as teaching the Quran would be to them being taught to their children in school, no difference.

People are free to believe if they choose to, any religion they choose, but we are not teaching any religion to our children from a position of authority like a teacher or a public school

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
In his "End" eh? Calm down loverboy! Geez. YUK!YUK!YUK!
In case you haven't noticed, "In the End" is the name of his recent poem about his definition of marriage. It heavily features "Venus and Mars" to bolster his claim. By the way, Venus and Mars were gods who had an affair--out of which they produced an offspring. Venus was married to Vulcan at the time.

So "In the End" he's a moron...

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Queen, when have I not responded to my favorite gay twirler?
Butch lesbians dress and act like men because they feel like men. That is why they are described as butch.
Moreover, you are denying mating behavior, because you know in this case it is highly dysfunctional.
You are avoiding the question, just like you always do.
I feel it is necessary to expose your idiotic gay twirl.
You know, 50 or 60 years ago people would be looking at many of the women today and thinking that they're trying to be men. They go out and find a career away from home. They wear pants. They are single parents. They're very independent.

How someone dresses doesn't define their attractions. Just because you have made the unscientific conclusion that "lesbian dress like men to attract other women" doesn't mean it holds water.

"In the End" you continue to show your "end".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...I would turn her in myself...
Of that we have no doubt. You'd do it joyfully, with a big boner!
Steve

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"And lesbians don't "act like a man". They act like "lesbians". Act like this act like that, a lotta acting going on. Men are men and women are women, most of the time.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, we don’t want the Quran, or the Bagividad Gita or any scriptures taught in our schools.
She should be in trouble, I would turn her in myself.
I wish they could understand that it is as offensive to me as teaching the Quran would be to them being taught to their children in school, no difference.
People are free to believe if they choose to, any religion they choose, but we are not teaching any religion to our children from a position of authority like a teacher or a public school
Imagine the public school children in St. Paul Minnesota,, or St. Louis, or Corpus Christi, turning in money for a field trip, money that has the words "In God We Trust" on it, while watching the inauguration of a new president as s/he sworn in with his/her hand on a bible, as s/he utters "So help me God". Lets not forget the teacher is a fan of the New Orleans Saints, and has one of their pennants on the wall. We wouldn't want that to happen, those poor children exposed to all that religious reference. Oh the hum airy
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you haven't noticed, "In the End" is the name of his recent poem about his definition of marriage. It heavily features "Venus and Mars" to bolster his claim. By the way, Venus and Mars were gods who had an affair--out of which they produced an offspring. Venus was married to Vulcan at the time.
So "In the End" he's a moron...
Calm down power trooper. In the end Topix is dumb.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sent him packing. Heard it on NPR on the anniversary.
Never the less, MLK never would have gone for calling SS couples married.
You know that.
it doesn't appeat that MLK sent him packing, particularly if you look at the time line of his life. there's no mention of it in either MLK or in his bio in the link I gave you. or in any link i can find via google.

unlike yourself, i don't speak for others. you can't possibly know what someone else thinks feels or believes unless they say it outright.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/16/what...

"Yet King would have been a champion of gay rights today because of his view of Christianity, says Michael Long, author of,“I Must Resist: Bayard Rustin’s Life in Letters,” who shared the story of King’s Ebony letter.

“Dr. King never publicly welcomed gays at the front gate of his beloved community. But he did leave behind a key for them - his belief that each person is sacred, free and equal to all to others,” says Long, also author of the upcoming “Keeping it straight? Martin Luther King, Jr., Homosexuality, and Gay Rights.”

Did King’s dream include gay people?

Coretta Scott King, was a vocal supporter of gay rights. One of her closest aides was gay. She also invoked her husband’s dream.

Ravi Perry, a political science professor at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, said King’s widow once said in a public speech that everyone who believed in her husband’s dream should “make room at the table of brother and sisterhood for lesbian and gay people.”

There is no private or public record of King condemning gay people, Perry says. Even the FBI’s surveillance of King’s private phone conversations didn’t turn up any moment where King disparaged gay people, she says.

“If Dr. King were anti-gay, there would likely be a sermon, a speech, a recording of some kind indicating such,” she says.“And knowing how closely his phones were tapped; surely there would be a record of such statements.”

Those who say King did not condemn gays and would have supported gay rights today point to King’s theology.

Though King was a Christian minister, he didn’t embrace a literal reading of the Bible that condemns homosexuality, some historians say. King’s vision of the Beloved Community – his biblical-rooted vision of humanity transcending its racial and religious differences – expanded people’s rights, not restricted them, they say.

Rev. C.T. Vivian, who worked with King at the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, says King would have championed gay rights today.

“Martin was a theologian,” Vivian says.“Martin starts with the fact that God loves everybody, and all men and all women were created by God. He based his whole philosophy on God’s love for all people.”
Fuzzed Out

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Just to many smurfs posting today?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine the public school children in St. Paul Minnesota,, or St. Louis, or Corpus Christi, turning in money for a field trip, money that has the words "In God We Trust" on it, while watching the inauguration of a new president as s/he sworn in with his/her hand on a bible, as s/he utters "So help me God". Lets not forget the teacher is a fan of the New Orleans Saints, and has one of their pennants on the wall. We wouldn't want that to happen, those poor children exposed to all that religious reference. Oh the hum airy
Famous ancient books BAD!!

The book "Johnny has two daddies" GOOD!!

It's a simple concept really. Big D knows whats best for our children.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

sorry for the double posting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Colfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 34 min Molly Pitcher 4,984
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr marching banded 15,931
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Aug 18 Mudflys to 7,901
East Palo Alto's Highway 101 Ped/Bike Bridge Al... Aug 16 fishes 1
Restored - steam donkey' from Birchville Mine n... Aug 12 The right is wrong 2
Spa cover recommendation Aug 8 mmeisner 1
Patient blacklisting happens (Jul '06) Aug 8 GoodOleBoyNetwork 30

Search the Colfax Forum:
•••
•••
Colfax Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••