Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,981)

Showing posts 179,601 - 179,620 of200,243
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sheesh

Catlett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Crap, looks like one of my posts actually made it in while Sprint was taking a dump on me. Oh well, same post twice with just a little difference in it.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a real leader. Hillary ain't it. Obama ain't it.
Ol' Jebthro ain't it either. My dad use to say (he might have ripped it off) "the only thing that should disqualify someone from elected office is the desire to be elected." I agree. WE figured it ought to be done by lottery. You lose? Too bad, you're in charge now.

OTOH I could fix it with a few simple rules.

Job one, nuke K street & outlaw lobbying. Salaries for elected officials are just enough to provide room and board. That way they've got to get back in the real world once their term is over.

No campaign money raising. No negative ads. That would cut corporate influence off at the tap. All candidates compete in debate format. The fee for an FCC license includes providing air time for debates. If one of 'em utters a negative word about another a gert big ol wrassler runs out and squeezes 'em till their nuts or breasts rupture. Just a good ol' debate telling us what they'll do, not what is wrong with the other guy. Then we go to the polls and vote.

Two term limit on all elected offices at the federal level. If you make it to a second term a special "election" occurs at the end of your second term. If you "lose" that one you get drawn and quartered.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
How else is someone supposed to interpret the comment, "They're all "gimme gimme gimme". Gimme gay marriage. Gimme HIV cure. Gimme Obama plan. Gimme Obama care. Gimme gimme."?
"Gimme gay marriage..." "Gimme HIV cure..."
Tsk...
And I was just beginning to think you were real deal. Such a disappointment.
That's OK. You disappointed me a long time ago.

You are all gimme gimme. I support SSM. Those too statements are not mutually exclusive. Calm down power ranger.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
If they can't keep the dope and illegal aliens from entering the Country, how can they keep out the terrorists?
God bless the spineless GOP!
*snicker*
Now you're ruining still jackass man's schtick. You're supposed to be a republican. It just chaps his ass that you're not.
sheesh

Catlett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddy, you don't seriously believe that they're gonna let someone in, who'll want to fix what's wrong, do you? Look at Perot. Look at Ron Paul. How close did either of them get?
Nope, you and I don't matter a bit. You gotta be in the club.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you also include the defense department, which siphons off over $500 billion dollars each year? And we know that the majority of this spending is for corporations saying "it's all about me" and "what can I have next".
We spend more on defense than (something like) the next 15 closest spenders combined.
The Iraq war has cost over $1.4 Trillion. And exactly what did it do? It is less stable and more of a training ground for al Qaeda than ever before.
W. Bush was pissed at Saddam because he threatened to kill his daddy, H. W. Bush. He used the events of 9/11 to whip the world into a frenzy and go after Hussein. There's no doubt that Saddam Hussein was a bastard. But he was never a threat to us. The Bush Whitehouse lied about there being WMDs.
At least if Obama spends money on social programs REAL Americans can benefit.
I don't care why. We needed to kick someone's ass after the towers went down. Iraq was as good a place as anywhere else. Better. It destabilized the middle East. Obama is finishing the job. Now we have a hornets nest of hate for generations to come. But at least they're killing each other.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
Crap, looks like one of my posts actually made it in while Sprint was taking a dump on me. Oh well, same post twice with just a little difference in it.
<quoted text>
Ol' Jebthro ain't it either. My dad use to say (he might have ripped it off) "the only thing that should disqualify someone from elected office is the desire to be elected." I agree. WE figured it ought to be done by lottery. You lose? Too bad, you're in charge now.
OTOH I could fix it with a few simple rules.
Job one, nuke K street & outlaw lobbying. Salaries for elected officials are just enough to provide room and board. That way they've got to get back in the real world once their term is over.
No campaign money raising. No negative ads. That would cut corporate influence off at the tap. All candidates compete in debate format. The fee for an FCC license includes providing air time for debates. If one of 'em utters a negative word about another a gert big ol wrassler runs out and squeezes 'em till their nuts or breasts rupture. Just a good ol' debate telling us what they'll do, not what is wrong with the other guy. Then we go to the polls and vote.
Two term limit on all elected offices at the federal level. If you make it to a second term a special "election" occurs at the end of your second term. If you "lose" that one you get drawn and quartered.
I like it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Christ, Frank!
Are you trying to give me a heart attack?
Imagine Big D, cape blowing in the wind, standing in front of the flag telling us who the patriots are and who is not. Guess which we'd be? If he doesn't like your opinion, you're not a patriot. Simple concept really. Why don't we get it?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care why. We needed to kick someone's ass after the towers went down. Iraq was as good a place as anywhere else. Better. It destabilized the middle East. Obama is finishing the job. Now we have a hornets nest of hate for generations to come. But at least they're killing each other.
I still don't understand why they didn't go after the little ratfaced stain in Iran.

As an aside, that gaytard Kuh-Daffy went out the hard way, didn't she?

It was a three dollar bill. Had that unmistakeable look.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Also in California news:

Gay Teacher Fired by Catholic School for Wedding Photos

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T86VKJ0C1...
Buckley

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine Big D, cape blowing in the wind, standing in front of the flag telling us who the patriots are and who is not. Guess which we'd be? If he doesn't like your opinion, you're not a patriot. Simple concept really. Why don't we get it?
You don't get it because of your homosexuality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Buckley wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it because of your homosexuality.
Why don't you just post "duh". It would be more intelligent.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't understand why they didn't go after the little ratfaced stain in Iran.
As an aside, that gaytard Kuh-Daffy went out the hard way, didn't she?
It was a three dollar bill. Had that unmistakeable look.
It's all part of "How To Undermine Americas Constitutional Protections 101"..
Can't institute H0m*l@nd Sec()r!ty without having a need. If we'd gone after him (in earnest), there'd have been no demon to use, to frighten us into compliance.
(Scared to type that out properly)
Imagine Hitler, having no Jews to demonize.....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
With his hand over his heart, staring up at an oblique angle, as if listening to a higher power....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
With his hand over his heart, staring up at an oblique angle, as if listening to a higher power....
LOL. Ah good times!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Blasphemy! Big D is the highest power in the land!
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you also include the defense department, which siphons off over $500 billion dollars each year? And we know that the majority of this spending is for corporations saying "it's all about me" and "what can I have next".
We spend more on defense than (something like) the next 15 closest spenders combined.
The Iraq war has cost over $1.4 Trillion. And exactly what did it do? It is less stable and more of a training ground for al Qaeda than ever before.
W. Bush was pissed at Saddam because he threatened to kill his daddy, H. W. Bush. He used the events of 9/11 to whip the world into a frenzy and go after Hussein. There's no doubt that Saddam Hussein was a bastard. But he was never a threat to us. The Bush Whitehouse lied about there being WMDs.
At least if Obama spends money on social programs REAL Americans can benefit.
Yeah, guess we should all just forget about all of that and try and be friends with all them huh? Lay down all of our arms, let THEM call the shots for a while. Hey, at least they wouldn't put up with your self pleasuring persuits of rear smacking fun. Better yet, you go live there.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Notice Big D only posts M-F during working hours? Stealing time from the boss. Nice! for Big D, not so nice for his boss. Gimme gimme.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>Government retirement checks only go to those who worked for the government...it is Obama who is cashing our checks. This government works based on contribution of the people...that makes Obama the liberal dead beat.
Jizzy probably gets a government check for being retarded.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all part of "How To Undermine Americas Constitutional Protections 101"..
Can't institute H0m*l@nd Sec()r!ty without having a need. If we'd gone after him (in earnest), there'd have been no demon to use, to frighten us into compliance.
(Scared to type that out properly)
Imagine Hitler, having no Jews to demonize.....
And, Hitler without Jews would have made us remain an isolationist country, and therefore, with no Emergency Wartime powers to assume (and refuse to relinquish later) we'd not be world superbully...I mean superpower. Imagine where we might be and what we might have accomplished without the interference, subversions and infiltrations that have corrupted America.... WWII was the beginning of our downfall...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>..Liberals are not used to having jobs,so they don't get it....They do not understand that social security is paid into buy most....Retirement is what you get from your employer. The truth is that Obama gets a paycheck from us.
Yup. Gimme gimme. Lets not forget Michelle's multimillion dollar vacations while telling us to eat lettuce.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 179,601 - 179,620 of200,243
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Colfax Discussions

Search the Colfax Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 11 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 16 hr all doned in 4,864
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Jury deadlocked in Madsen murder trial (Mar '09) Jul 7 concerned 8
Artistry in the sand Jun 25 DBS 2
Restored - steam donkey' from Birchville Mine n... Jun 15 John Taubeneck 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Colfax Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••