Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201848 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206021 Jul 31, 2013
marlene wrote:
<quoted text>
Comport yourself and show some decorum, phaggett! Try to control yourself!
No. Go take a bubble bath and soak your head.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206022 Jul 31, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is still here, you just don’t belong to it, not sure you ever did.
Land of equality, with freedom and justice for all.
We are fulfilling the promise of America, while anti-Americans try to stop us
So now people wary of social change are anti-Americans. Priceless. Way to go Big D.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206023 Jul 31, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Liar
1) I am not Heartandmind
2) I have never posted as " Jizzy"
3 You lied again
"Liar" Jizzy whimpered, lying.
POOF

Cambridge, IL

#206024 Jul 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
But you answer to Jizzy. And a lot of posters call you Jizzy. Thank me!
God Bless liars and Morons. Hey thats two for you.
POOF

Cambridge, IL

#206025 Jul 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Liar" Jizzy whimpered, lying.
Yet you admited that you lied. Poor Frank, cant rebuke os he lies.

God Bless you.
POOF

Cambridge, IL

#206026 Jul 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Go take a bubble bath and soak your head.
Thats a death threat.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#206027 Jul 31, 2013
Big D wrote:
Procreation has already been debunked, both here and in court.
“Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race.”– Skinner v. Oklahoma (1942) 316 U.S. 535, 541

“[Marriage] is the foundation of the family and of socity, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress.”– Maynard v. Hill (1888) 125 U.S. 190, 211.

“Marriage is one of the ‘basic civil rights of man’ fundamental to our very existence and survival.”– Loving v. Virginia (1967) 388 U.S. 1, 12 (quoting Skinner v. Oklahoma, supra 316 U.S. At p. 541 and citing Maynard v Hill, supra, 125 U.S. 190)

“All of the cases infer that the right to marry enjoys its fundamental status due to the male-female nature of the relationship and/or the attendant link to fostering procreation of our species… Thus, virtually every Supreme Court case recognizing as fundamental the right to marry indicates as the basis for the conclusion the institution’s inextricable link to procreation, which necessarily and biologically involves participation (in ways either intimate or remote) by a man and a woman.”– Conaway v. Deane, 903 A.2d 416, 620 (Md. 2007)

“Nearly all United States Supreme Court decisions declaring marriage to be a fundamental right expressly link marriage to the fundamental rights of procreation, chidlbirth, abortion, and childrearing.”– Anderson v. King County (Wash. 2006) 138 P.3d 962, 978

“[T]he first purpose of matrimony, by the laws of nature and society, is procreation.”– Baker v. Baker (1859) 13 Cal. 87, 103.

“[T]he procreation of children under the shield and sanction of the law” is one of the “two principle ends of marriage.”– Sharon v. Sharon (1888) 75 Cal. 1,33

“The family is the basic unit of our society, the center of the personal affections that ennoble and enrich human life. It channels biological drives that might otherwise become socially destructive; it ensures the care and education of children in a stable environment; it establishes continuity from one generation to another; it nurtures and develops the individual initiative that distinguishes a free people. Since the family is the core of our society, the law seeks to foster and preserve marriage.– De Burgh v. De Burgh (1952) 39 Cal.2d 858, 863-864.

Procreation is “[o]ne of the prime purposes of matrimony.”– Maslow v. Maslow (1952) 117 Cal.App.2d. 237, 241.

“[P]rocreation of offspring could be considered one of the major purposes of marriage.”– Poe v. Gerstein (5th Cir. 1975) 517 F.2d 787, 796.

“[M]arriage exists as a protected legal institution primarily because of societal values associated with the propagation of the human race.”– Singer v. Hara (Wash. App. 1974) 522 P.2d 1187, 1195.

“Having children is a primary purpose of marriage.”– Heup v. Heup (Was. 1969) 172 N.W.2d 334, 336

“One of the primary purposes of matrimony is procreation.”– Zoglio v. Zoglio (D.C. App. 1960) 157 A.2d 627, 628

“[P]rocreation of children is one of the important ends of matrimony.”– Stegienko v. Stegienko (Mich. 1940) 295 N.W. 252, 254

“It has been said in many of the cases cited that one of the great purposes of marriage is procreation.”– Gard v. Gard (Mich. 1918 169 N.W.908, 912)

“One of the most important functions of wedlock is the procreation of children.”– Grover v. Zook (Wash. 1906) 87 P.638, 639.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#206028 Jul 31, 2013
Look at all the "debunking" in that last post. Easy Big D settle down.....ya might want to have EMS on standby before you read those.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#206029 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't just tell lies, you live a lie.
That is reality. Jesus doesn't deny reality.
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, it seems I hit a nerve with you. The truth hurts huh sweetie?
What makes you think that?

I simply countered your assertion with reality and truth.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#206030 Jul 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Now he's a mouthpiece for Christ. Arrogant, foolish, frightening...
Christ didn't speak out against homosexuality or same-sex marriage. He did speak out against judgment and mistreatment of your fellow man.
This first passage is Jesus Christ speaking out against homosexuality. Notice that He differentiates between adultery and sexual immorality - this is important to note because the term 'homosexuality' was not common during His time obviously, so He used the term sexual immorality - separate from adultery - to encompass homosexuality and any other sexual wickedness that is immoral:

Mark 7:21-22

"For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly."

This next passage is Jesus' affirmation of the traditional definition of marriage between one man and one woman. He even goes as far as referencing the story of Creation in which God created male and female. Notice how He specifies a man and wife, not a man and his partner or a woman and her partner:

Matthew 19:4-5

"Haven't you read," He replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said,'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?"

Location hidden

#206031 Jul 31, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww. That's cute! You trying to apply the word bigotry to me!!! Dingleberry, when I try and pass legislation to prevent fundamentalists from marrying, or denying them their beliefs, or asking that they be treated differently than others, then you can come back to me with your accusations. You know, when I actually demonstrate the "utter intolerance" as it defines bigotry.
Until then, you just look like a childish fundie crybaby dolling out his fundie imaginary persecution card!!!!!!! You're so pathetic!!!
I forgot childish.'Greggy'? Really? How old are you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206032 Jul 31, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you admited that you lied. Poor Frank, cant rebuke os he lies.
God Bless you.
In your addled mind only. Jazybird. Jaybird. Zoro. Poof.

I got a new one for you, how about "Meathead"! Catchy. Relevant. Retro.

Location hidden

#206033 Jul 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't argue with you because you don't present an argument. Your assertion is an appeal to common practice--that same-sex marriage is not marriage. And since common practice is based on opinion, not on truth or fact, it is a false argument.
You call mating behavior and historical cross cultural and religious customs 'common practice'? Yes. However, most common practices are not opinion. They are exactly such because they are true.

I keep asking if you read what you write, you really should. I think you'd laugh too.

LOL
Charles Phell

Los Angeles, CA

#206034 Jul 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the pot to the kettle...
Good gawd! You sure are one fat queer! Just like that TV actor Kevin James.
Only thing worse than a fat queen, is a fat queen with a beard.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206035 Jul 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Look at all the "debunking" in that last post. Easy Big D settle down.....ya might want to have EMS on standby before you read those.
LMAO!
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#206036 Jul 31, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is still here, you just don’t belong to it, not sure you ever did.
Land of equality, with freedom and justice for all.
We are fulfilling the promise of America, while anti-Americans try to stop us
I am a Vietnam Vet. Don't get me started.

Location hidden

#206037 Jul 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Now he's a mouthpiece for Christ. Arrogant, foolish, frightening...
Christ didn't speak out against homosexuality or same-sex marriage. He did speak out against judgment and mistreatment of your fellow man.
I simply and accurately noted Biblical instruction and historic Christian belief. It really is pretty simple and clear.

Jesus did speak out against both. Matthew 19.

Location hidden

#206038 Jul 31, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMerde represents everything that is wrong with organized religion!
Thanks to him I now know that all the years I prayed as a child for the abuse to stop....God just wasn't interested in me!
Did you know that victims most often become victimizers themselves.

Your deceitful post above is an example of that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206039 Jul 31, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Thats a death threat.
Of course I didn't mean soak it until he drowned you imbecile. Only someone as dumb as you would do that.

Geez, I have to remember never to use that expression on you, I'd feel bad if you drowned because of it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206040 Jul 31, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Vietnam Vet. Don't get me started.
Nice huh? Big D was a Coastie. Worthy of respect of course but he doesn't reciprocate. If you disagree with him, or if he simply doesn't like you, then you are not a real American in his book. Even if you are a combat veteran.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is it Time to Replace Sheriff Bonner? (Oct '14) Jul 4 Pentlo 6
News Court Wrap: Restitution hearing postponed in Ye... Jun '15 stolen from by Huni 3
David Dallas Withrow May '15 Beau Vine 6
News Nevada County opens public comment period for r... May '15 Beverly Schuetz 1
Increased air traffic over Meadow Vista May '15 bobsyouruncle 1
Patient blacklisting happens (Jul '06) May '15 kmtpkb2 33
Disillusioned with Child Protective Services in... (Jun '06) May '15 pushthrew 77
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colfax Mortgages