Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

clean boot

Sierra Madre, CA

#232470 Sep 7, 2014
What specific sections are shaded out? Being that this started happening a few days ago let’s do a clean boot to see if any programs, drivers, or those updates from the other day may be causing this issue. To troubleshoot by using a clean boot, do the following:
First Step: Perform a Clean Boot
1. Log on to your computer with an administrative account.
2. Click Start.
3. Type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
4. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
5. In the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to uncheck the Load startup items check box.
6. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
*NOTE: Following this step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
7. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Second Step: Enable Half of the Services
1. Start the System Configuration Utility. Refer to the steps above if you need to see how to do this.
2. Click the Services tab, and then click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
3. Click to select half of the check boxes in the Service list.
4. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Third Step: Determine whether the problem returns
If the problem still occurs, repeat the First Step and the Second Step. In the Second Step, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the Service list.
If the problem does not occur, repeat the First Step and the Second Step. In the Second Step, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
If only one service is selected in the Service list, and you still experience the problem, the selected service causes the problem. Go to the Sixth Step. If no service causes this problem, go to the Fourth Step.
Fourth Step: Enable Half of the Startup Items
1.Perform a clean boot by repeating step 1.
2.Click the Startup tab, and then click to select half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
3.Click OK, and then click Restart.
Fifth Step: Determine Whether the Problem Returns
If the problem still occurs, repeat the First Step and the Fourth Step. In the Fourth Step, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the Startup Item list.
If the problem does not occur, repeat the First Step and the Fourth Step. In the Fourth Step, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
If only one startup item is selected in the Startup Item list, and you still experience the problem, the startup item that is selected in the list is the service that is causing the problem. Go to the Sixth Step.
If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat the First Step and the Second Step without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.
Sixth Step: Resolve the Problem
After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration Utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.
Seventh Step: Resolve the Problem
Cali Girl 2014dal

Los Angeles, CA

#232471 Sep 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>It was God who said that about women, not me. I just quoted the nonsense. I didn't write it, I just delivered the messenger.

Eve, for example, is blamed for the creation of Original Sin. The Bible says as much: "For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner (1 Tim. 2:12-14, NIV)." Is it any wonder that women's groups oppose this narrative? With his usual wit, Ingersoll once observed: "...nearly every religion has accounted for all the devilment in this world by the crime of woman. What a gallant thing that is! And if it is true, I had rather live with the woman I love in a world full of trouble, than to live in heaven with nothing but men (Ingersoll's Works, Vol. I, p.358)." One of the saddest and most perplexing dilemmas one can experience in modern society is confronting women who strongly believe and defend a book that so clearly assigns them a degrading and subservient status. How do you reach those who are defending a philosophy that is so totally opposed to their interests? To use the vernacular, the Bible is sexist and permeated with male supremacy.
Stop quoting it then it's sacrilegious
Cali Girl 2014dal

Los Angeles, CA

#232472 Sep 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>You could be right. I wasn't serious about it at all. Something you said about it made me think of it.

What about the petty bickering in here? What do you think of it? There used to be 300-400 people posting in the Gay/Lesbian forum at any one time now there is often less than 30.

I blame the over-reacting hot headed Gay Nazi's and their personal attacks and name calling.

I like gay people, but I do not like the Gay Nazi's. And if Bill Maher the arch Liberal, can say Gay Nazi, so can I.

What are the Gay Nazi's teaching people about homosexuals? That if they can't answer something they should insult you and call you names. And when they can't answer a second time they should really attack you with every insult they have ever heard. That is what the Gay Nazi's are teaching people about homosexuals. Personally if I was gay I would not want the Gay Nazi's representing the gay community.

Just like I like Christians but I do not like KKKristians.
You weren't serious about it??DUH!
Cali Girl 2014dal

Los Angeles, CA

#232473 Sep 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>It was God who said that about women, not me. I just quoted the nonsense. I didn't write it, I just delivered the messenger.

Eve, for example, is blamed for the creation of Original Sin. The Bible says as much: "For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner (1 Tim. 2:12-14, NIV)." Is it any wonder that women's groups oppose this narrative? With his usual wit, Ingersoll once observed: "...nearly every religion has accounted for all the devilment in this world by the crime of woman. What a gallant thing that is! And if it is true, I had rather live with the woman I love in a world full of trouble, than to live in heaven with nothing but men (Ingersoll's Works, Vol. I, p.358)." One of the saddest and most perplexing dilemmas one can experience in modern society is confronting women who strongly believe and defend a book that so clearly assigns them a degrading and subservient status. How do you reach those who are defending a philosophy that is so totally opposed to their interests? To use the vernacular, the Bible is sexist and permeated with male supremacy.
I'm Christian, I know all that! Why
do you quote it? It doesn't make
any sense....
Cali Girl 2014dal

Los Angeles, CA

#232474 Sep 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Silly boy, those were not my words about women, they were your God's words about women, directly from his rule book, the Bible, this is what YOU believe women should do, not me:

"...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee (Genesis 3:16)."
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;....(1 Cor. 11:3)."
"Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man (1 Cor. 11:9)."
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husband in every thing (Eph. 5:22-24)."
God's words? He didn't say that
you did. It was about sex. Now
you are bullshitting me..
Call Girl 2014dal

Los Angeles, CA

#232475 Sep 7, 2014
clean boot wrote:
What specific sections are shaded out? Being that this started happening a few days ago let’s do a clean boot to see if any programs, drivers, or those updates from the other day may be causing this issue. To troubleshoot by using a clean boot, do the following:
2. Click Start.
3. Type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
4. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
5. In the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to uncheck the Load startup items check box.
6. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
*NOTE: Following this step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
1. Start the System Configuration Utility. Refer to the steps above if you need to see how to do this.
2. Click the Services tab, and then click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
If the problem still occurs, repeat the First Step and the Second Step. In the Second Step, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the Service list.
If the problem does not occur, repeat the First Step and the Second Step. In the Second Step, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
If only one service is selected in the Service list, and you still experience the problem, the selected service causes the problem. Go to the Sixth Step. If no service causes this problem, go to the Fourth Step.
2.Click the Startup tab, and then click to select half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
If the problem still occurs, repeat the First Step and the Fourth Step. In the Fourth Step, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the Startup Item list.
If the problem does not occur, repeat the First Step and the Fourth Step. In the Fourth Step, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
If only one startup item is selected in the Startup Item list, and you still experience the problem, the startup item that is selected in the list is the service that is causing the problem. Go to the Sixth Step.
If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat the First Step and the Second Step without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.
After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration Utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.
Don’t try this it will jam your computer, this poster should be banned from the internet.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#232476 Sep 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Some parents do not educate their children now, while the government continues taking our money and wasting it on programs that do not work. We can't change that so why discuss it? "One size fits all" is a false idea. There is little we can do about defective parents. And honestly I would rather see the money go to productive students instead of trying to fix defective parents. When you try to force parents to deliver their children to the unnatural environment that exists in the government run public schools they, or their children, will find ways to get around it and that wastes the time of the productive students who want to benefit going there.
The few years I went to the Governments Indoctrination Centers I was put in a class room that had trolls who disrupted everything. They made it difficult to impossible for those of us who were mature enough to want an education to get one. When those trolls were removed from the classroom and placed in special Ed classes where there were only say 10 other kids they stopped the bad behavior. One size does not fit all, and the government believes that everyone should be treated the same regardless of their learning abilities. They call this fairness. But what it really is is a punishment for both the kids who want to learn and the wants who can't.
Let us have schools where the most difficult class is lawn mowing. And schools for students who want to go to college. When you put these students together like the Liberals want, you make it bad for everyone. And if we are going to help anyone, lets help those who home school. Parents who home school mostly are highly motivated and do a much better job than any government teacher ever could.
Public schools are the government indoctrination centers. This is where the stupidity and ignorance of Nancy Pelosi et.al get to decide what your children will be told to believe. And the most important thing victims of the government schools will be taught is that government is the answer and solution to everything.
You try and tell one of these brainwashed Gay Nazi's in here the government is not the answer, you'll see just how brainwashed and indoctrinated they are.
Oh my Rev, your post just made me feel like I just sat through three hours with the Trinity Broadcast Network :/
Cali Girl 2014dal

Los Angeles, CA

#232477 Sep 7, 2014
Call Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>DonÂ’t try this it will jam your computer, this poster should be banned from the internet.
Why use my name for this?????
LA needs help

Sierra Madre, CA

#232478 Sep 7, 2014
L.A. your a loser

Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite.
Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.
2up 3down

Sierra Madre, CA

#232479 Sep 7, 2014
Gay marriage bans in Idaho, Nevada and Hawaii in court Monday September 08, 2014..
Ramona

Torrance, CA

#232480 Sep 7, 2014
“When an opponent declares,‘I will not come over to your side,’ I calmly say,‘Your child belongs to us already... What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community’."

Adolph Hitler Speech November 1933
Ramona

Torrance, CA

#232483 Sep 7, 2014
clean boot wrote:
2. Click Start.
Thank you so much works great!
Much grass

Sierra Madre, CA

#232484 Sep 7, 2014
The steps are easy to follow.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#232485 Sep 7, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop quoting it then it's sacrilegious
Why do you care? You are not a Christian. All real Christians have sold their computers, given the money to the poor and are following Jesus.

To be a Christian one must be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial church mouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

Location hidden

#232486 Sep 7, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't serious about it??DUH!
Are you serious about Jesus?

John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Jesus commands:

JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone: your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple."

Location hidden

#232487 Sep 7, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Christian, I know all that! Why
do you quote it? It doesn't make
any sense....
Interestingly enough, according to the Bible no biblicist is a Christian because none abide in Christ. Since none abide in Christ, how anyone can ever be saved becomes a logical question. Why can't people abide in Christ? Because everyone commits anti-social behavior, or what biblicists refer to as sin, and that excludes them summarily: "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him" (1 John 3:6), "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God" (1 John 3:9 NIV), "We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin, the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one does not touch him" (1 John 5:18 NIV). Obviously, then, no one has ever been born of God since all biblicists continue to sin, regardless. Until someone can demonstrate sinless perfection, abiding in Christ remains illusory.

And to make matters even worse from the biblicist's perspective, James 2:10 NIV says, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it." Also note Matt. 5:19. Since every believer repeatedly stumbles on one point or another, all believers are equally immoral. In other words, while John alleges that any sin obviates any possibility of one abiding in Christ, James asserts everyone commits the most heinous of acts.
Cali Girl 2014dal

Los Angeles, CA

#232488 Sep 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you care? You are not a Christian. All real Christians have sold their computers, given the money to the poor and are following Jesus.

To be a Christian one must be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial church mouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21
I'm not arguing with you over your
version of a Christian, or your take
on the Bible,you use it to be
disrespectful. I think you had a
strong Christian upbringing as a
fundy and won't admit it. Anyway
I find your ideas biased and ignorant!
Cali Girl 2014dal

Los Angeles, CA

#232489 Sep 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious about Jesus?

John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Jesus commands:

JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone: your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple."
That's bullshit....You twisted it in your
own mind to suit your feelings.

Location hidden

#232490 Sep 7, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>
God's words? He didn't say that
you did. It was about sex. Now
you are bullshitting me..
You are starting to sound as insane as Sheepie, lides and Poop1. I provided chapter and verse for all of the following:

"...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee (Genesis 3:16)."

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;....(1 Cor. 11:3)."

"Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man (1 Cor. 11:9)."

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husband in every thing (Eph. 5:22-24)."

The four verses above are from the Bible, I did not write them. It is God's message to mankind. If you don't like it take it up with the author.

Location hidden

#232491 Sep 7, 2014
Call Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text> Don’t try this it will jam your computer, this poster should be banned from the internet.
On that we agree. He is a sick perverted closet case trying to pray away the gay via therapy. Does prayer work?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fatality Accident on Banner Mountain Claims Lif... 6 hr Kristina 1
David Dallas Withrow Aug 10 Carharttkwboy 7
Allan Dunnam (Apr '12) Aug 6 hnm 4
todd calvin bourne 27 Aug 4 ewwww 1
Patient blacklisting happens (Jul '06) Aug 1 steve 34
Poll Is it Time to Replace Sheriff Bonner? (Oct '14) Jul '15 Pentlo 6
News Court Wrap: Restitution hearing postponed in Ye... Jun '15 stolen from by Huni 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colfax Mortgages