Lucas to Run for Belmont County Sheriff

Lucas to Run for Belmont County Sheriff

There are 18 comments on the The Intelligencer story from Nov 17, 2007, titled Lucas to Run for Belmont County Sheriff. In it, The Intelligencer reports that:

“I feel I have the knowledge and the experience, and I want to go up to the next step of the ladder.”

' A veteran Belmont County sheriff's deputy will seek to be elected sheriff in 2008. via The Intelligencer

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Intelligencer.

Dan Gabel

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 26, 2008
Honest, Trustworthy, Dedicated. Years of experience. This is the guy you want protecting your home and family when you can't. Others, move out of the way! Here comes Dave, he don't play!
nottheone

Ambridge, PA

#2 Jan 28, 2008
thats right, move out of the way, Just ask Diana day and how he ran her out of the state for his abuse.
Lordhelpus

Allison Park, PA

#3 Feb 9, 2008
You better move out of the way. Diana Day is just the tip of the iceberg for Mr. Lucas. Belmont County will suffer greatly if he is elected. Men, keep your wives close if he is near.
Lucastrouble

United States

#4 Feb 12, 2008
All I need to do is see these comments and know that many others in the community know of Mr. Lucas's many, many escapades. I hope all see that this is not the one you want representing Belmont County as your sheriff. Talk to others who have worked with these candidates and find out for yourself who is trustworthy and dedicated. Make sure they are what they say they are!
Ken Baxter

AOL

#5 Feb 23, 2008
Who was the judge that had Mr. Lucas removed from the courthouse position, because he was reportedly shocking Diana Day??
Ken Baxter

AOL

#6 Feb 23, 2008
Correction: Stocking Diana Day
wowbcwow

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Feb 25, 2008
Ken Baxter wrote:
Correction: Stocking Diana Day
..

AND YOU STILL DIDNT SPELL IT RIGHT...STALKING MAYBE?? NOT STOCKING LOL
Outsider

Martins Ferry, OH

#8 Feb 26, 2008
I always thought she was stalking him! She even called him when his wife was in the hospital and was mad because he wouldn't be with her. Get your story straight.
Whoo Hoo

Columbus, OH

#9 Feb 26, 2008
Not condoning anything Lucas may have done by any means, she knew he was married when she got involved with him. By doing that, she brought it on herself -- then used it as a way to work the system and make some money off it. He wasn't the only law enforcement office she got involved with, either -- she had a thing with a highway patrol guy, too. She left here because she had exhausted all her options, so to speak.
Peace

Allison Park, PA

#10 Feb 26, 2008
Lifeless Freaks! Go to bed. Leave well enough alone. If anybody thinks any of this is at all accurate, You may as well catch the next bus to the school of hope to start classes.
Ken Baxter

AOL

#11 Feb 27, 2008
yeah, I know....brain fart X2! March 4th can't come soon enough for us all.
Dave Yonak

Becker, MN

#12 Feb 28, 2008
I just wanted to say being a friend of Diane Day did any of you ever stop to consider how hurtful all of these comments are too her? I know she is much stronger than to be concerned about these things but it makes me angry. Diane’s life is like most people’s which is to say private. She probably does not appreciate the hurtful things you say about her to attack one candidate or another. Irrespective of what you people believe her life or how she lives it has nothing to do with this campaign.
Belmont County Resident

United States

#13 Feb 28, 2008
Outsider wrote:
I always thought she was stalking him! She even called him when his wife was in the hospital and was mad because he wouldn't be with her. Get your story straight.
You are 100% right!!! She was the one stalking him.She got pretty upset when he turned her down. I agree these people need to get their stories straight.
Belmont County Resident

United States

#14 Feb 28, 2008
Ken Baxter wrote:
Who was the judge that had Mr. Lucas removed from the courthouse position, because he was reportedly shocking Diana Day??
Judge Solovan did not move Major David Lucas from the courthouse.He held that position "Head Of Security" until his retirement last fall.Diana Day was the one doing the so called stalking. She was after Major Lucas You need to get your story correct. She is the one who left the courthouse because she refused to listen to Judge Solovan.
Belmont County Resident

United States

#15 Feb 28, 2008
Lordhelpus wrote:
You better move out of the way. Diana Day is just the tip of the iceberg for Mr. Lucas. Belmont County will suffer greatly if he is elected. Men, keep your wives close if he is near.
You are so full of prunes and you know it.You know he will do a great job.For some reason their are a few who does not want Major Lucas as Sheriff.Hmm!!!! Sounds kind of fishy to me.
Bel Co Res Bville

United States

#16 Feb 29, 2008
Lordhelpus wrote:
You better move out of the way. Diana Day is just the tip of the iceberg for Mr. Lucas. Belmont County will suffer greatly if he is elected. Men, keep your wives close if he is near.
You are wrong about your statement.Our county will benefit greatly if this man is elected. He will go above and beyond for this county that he loves.He has 28 years of law enforcement experience.He has applied and received many grants for different projects so we can live in a safer county.He has put his life on the line many times during his career for us.He has put in countless hours planning and implementing our County 911 System.He has been on this board since 1995.He is the founder of the Special Operations Branch(Tactical Team). He received grant money from Homeland Security for special equipment that this team needed.Grant money was received for security cameras and a better radio system at our Ohio Valley Mall for us to be safer.He once again spent countless hours helping to setup this equipment.I could go on and on about Mr. Lucas and why we as Belmont County Residents should vote for David Lucas for Sheriff on March 4th.Whether or not Mr. Lucas`s private life is as you say?I don`t know!!One thing I do know for sure his private life doesn`t have anything to do with carrying out his duties being an officer of the law!!!!!!!!!!
Just Looking

Quincy, MA

#17 Mar 2, 2008
Dave probably is the best for the job. He really does get involved in projects with all his heart. I still have reservations about his mental capacity....bad temper...not real well educated. If he gest a good administrative staff, he will do well.
A Belmont County Resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Mar 8, 2008
1. How many Presidents of the US have also had affairs? And did very well at running our country?
2. Someone's personal life is none of my business, especially since the majority of the public always get their facts wrong.
3. I think Dave Lucas would have made a fine Sheriff.
4. From the look of some of these posts, people should watch casting stones about "bad tempers" and "education".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colerain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mall cop owned by biker over photo taking (Aug '14) Aug 27 Texas Pipeliner 3
helena blum (Aug '14) Aug 27 Texas Pipeliner 3
News Russia claims US troops in eastern Ukraine May '15 George 4
Belmont Correctional Instution becoming a den o... (Dec '08) Apr '15 tiffany 86
anyone seen moonseed? (Feb '15) Apr '15 dietmike85 2
Tess Dixon (Feb '15) Feb '15 Need info 1
Debate: Civil Unions - St. Clairsville, OH (Jan '12) Feb '15 Meaty Fuddpucker 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colerain Mortgages