Things to do and see in Pittsburg?

Things to do and see in Pittsburg?

Posted in the Colebrook Forum

Norman Conquest

United States

#1 Jun 15, 2009
Coming for a visit at the end of the summer. Any suggestions as to what I should do / see? I prefer the outdoors... hiking, kayaking, etc. Thanks!
ILOVEPITTSBURGNH

Tewksbury, MA

#2 Feb 6, 2010
Be sure to visit Lake Francis State Park, you can camp, kayak, and fish on the shores of Lake Francis. Mt. Magalloway is a good hike also. Be sure to watch for Moose, there are plenty especially on Moose Alley heading into Canada.
Norman Conquest wrote:
Coming for a visit at the end of the summer. Any suggestions as to what I should do / see? I prefer the outdoors... hiking, kayaking, etc. Thanks!
Disenfranchised

Belize

#3 Jun 16, 2012
I was born in 1950, and grew up fishing, hiking, photographing wildlife in rural NH.
40 years ago You would have had a quality experience in the pristine wilderness with the notable exception of clear-cutting by the intrusive big logging corporations.
Now there is a relatively new and worse plague in this area.
Thousands of massholes who are too lazy to actually walk anywhere.
You will however see their SUV's parked all over Rt. 3 and the incessant irritating whine of snow machines anywhere these idiots are not forcibly excluded.
They have driven the real estate up so high that people born there cannot afford to live there any longer.
There are areas of VT,NH and ME far less impacted by these monkey see, monkey do usurpers, but to put them in the public eye would be the beginning of the end for them.
Norman Conquest

Herndon, VA

#4 Jun 29, 2012
Disenfranchised wrote:
I was born in 1950, and grew up fishing, hiking, photographing wildlife in rural NH.
40 years ago You would have had a quality experience in the pristine wilderness with the notable exception of clear-cutting by the intrusive big logging corporations.
Now there is a relatively new and worse plague in this area.
Thousands of massholes who are too lazy to actually walk anywhere.
You will however see their SUV's parked all over Rt. 3 and the incessant irritating whine of snow machines anywhere these idiots are not forcibly excluded.
They have driven the real estate up so high that people born there cannot afford to live there any longer.
There are areas of VT,NH and ME far less impacted by these monkey see, monkey do usurpers, but to put them in the public eye would be the beginning of the end for them.
That's a shame. Never made it there back in '09 and now maybe I'm glad I did not. Will search for areas less impacted by thoughtless tourists. Thanks,
Disenfranchised

Belize

#5 Jun 29, 2012
Shortly after posting I happened to see a documentary about my old neighbors in Maine.
They are also disgusted for the exact same reasons with massholes.
They want to succeed, give them southern Maine, and call it northern Massachusetts.
This plan would only work if the newcomers were stopped at the border of "New Maine" and promptly de-trailered.
They would need to be relieved of all rolling hotel suites, ATV's, snow machines, and otherwise intrusive, loud and nauseating devices.
Perhaps a backpack and pup-tent, "uncivilized!" and a forced walk, "barbarous!", would give them a glimpse of the peaceful wilderness they have destroyed everywhere else they set foot/tire/track?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colebrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Kasich keeps hidden from NH (Feb '16) Feb '16 Kasich Caution fr... 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Grunt56 31
chantal cunnington (Feb '15) Feb '15 Wonderer 1
Lou Niles (Apr '14) Nov '14 Houdie 4
News Last surviving N.H. paper mill faces closure (Oct '10) Oct '14 Berlinite 3
News Moose viewing hotspots added to NH itineraries (Sep '12) Oct '14 Berlinite 4
News 3 years on, girl's unsolved slaying haunts town (Jul '14) Jul '14 Richard_ 1

Colebrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colebrook Mortgages