Adoptees Born at Julia L. Butterfield Hospital from Nazareth Life Center

Posted in the Cold Spring Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CPCasale

Piscataway, NJ

#1 Jan 14, 2012
Beginning in 1980 over 500 babies were born at Butterfield Hospital to "unwed mothers" residing at Nazareth Life Center in Garrison and subsequently relinquished for adoption, mostly through the Catholic Home Bureau. Many birthmothers/birthfathers (myself included) and adoptees associated with these adoptions are searching for one another. If you are one, please contact me at bettyrulegal@aol.com.
Thanks,
Christine
joan

Willcox, AZ

#2 Jan 15, 2012
Hi, All adoptees and parents should also be signing up with the state registry. Come to www.nyadoptees.com for search and support. There is help for Adoptees,and parents from all states.

joan

Willcox, AZ

#3 Jan 15, 2012
here are a few people searching:
femlae adoptee 04/26/1982 Cold spring, ny

Parent iso: M. 09/04/1985Cold springs,ny /CC in nyc

Parent ISO: M. 08/07/1986Cold Springs,ny Nazareth Life center.

Female Adoptee: 03/04/1987Cold Spring ,adopted Port jefferson Station, ny

Parent iso: Female 11/05/1987 Cold Spring, NY,
Parent iso Male 06/26/1990 Cold Spring, ny Butterfield mem.hosp.

Come to nyadoptees.com Make sure you check at www.registry.adoption.com and sign up with the state of ny.
joan wrote:
Hi, All adoptees and parents should also be signing up with the state registry. Come to www.nyadoptees.com for search and support. There is help for Adoptees,and parents from all states.
Laura

Staten Island, NY

#4 Jan 15, 2012
ISO M born 9/4/1985 at Julia L. Butterfield Hospital from Nazareth Life Center. I have discovered some health issues recently I wish to tell him about as well as to let him know I've always wanted the best for him.
joan

Willcox, AZ

#5 Jan 18, 2012
Here is another person searching for Male 12/15/1989 Butterfield Hosp.

Since: Apr 12

Willcox, AZ

#6 Nov 3, 2012
Please read the messages. If you are an adoptee sign up with the state registry and get background information. If anyone signed up on the registry, they will reunite you.

Joan
Amy

Poughkeepsie, NY

#8 Jan 27, 2013
ISO Male born 03/18/1989 @ Butterfield Hosp.

Willcox, AZ

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Amy wrote:
ISO Male born 03/18/1989 @ Butterfield Hosp.
Hi, please also sign up on www.registry.adoption.com and www.nyadoptees.com

Did you update the NY state registry?

sincerely,
Joan
Amy

Poughkeepsie, NY

#10 Jan 28, 2013
joanNYadoptees wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, please also sign up on www.registry.adoption.com and www.nyadoptees.com
Did you update the NY state registry?
sincerely,
Joan
It has been a few years since I went to the state registry ..do you only have to do it once???
Amy

Willcox, AZ

#11 Jan 28, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been a few years since I went to the state registry ..do you only have to do it once???
Amy
Hi, if you moved or married or changed contact information , you should write and update them.

Joan

Willcox, AZ

#12 Jan 28, 2013
Hello -- I am an adoptee seeking information about my biological mother or anyone in my birth family. I was born 2/12/68 at Butterfield Hospital in Cold Spring and the adoption was handled through Poughkeepsie Social Services. Anyone with information please contact me via email at: nyadoptee68@yahoo.com. I would like to thank my mother for doing the right thing.

Willcox, AZ

#13 Feb 23, 2013
Now there is a video of people searching

http://youtu.be/Jz3GilP8VL8
Judy

Fort Myers, FL

#14 Feb 23, 2013
NY State legislators need to support and allow the Adoptee Bill of Rights to go to the floor for a vote because adult adoptees are clearly seeking new and creative ways to be heard. It is time for NY State to join the seven other progressive states who have already passed their Adoptee Rights bills granting adult adoptees equality, the ability to request and receive a copy of their original birth certificate.
CPCasale

Piscataway, NJ

#15 Feb 27, 2013
I've started a FB group for Nazareth birth mothers and adoptees. If you're interested in joining, please contact me at: bettyrulegal@aol.com Christine
Sean K

Ridgewood, NJ

#16 Apr 26, 2013
I was born on 4/1/1985 at Julia Butterfield Hospital. My birth mother, who was 5'1, Irish/Italian, and 19 at the time of my birth, named me Jason.
Please email me at skenny85@gmail.com if you have any information that would help me...

Willcox, AZ

#17 Apr 27, 2013
Sean K wrote:
I was born on 4/1/1985 at Julia Butterfield Hospital. My birth mother, who was 5'1, Irish/Italian, and 19 at the time of my birth, named me Jason.
Please email me at skenny85@gmail.com if you have any information that would help me...
Hi, put your search on www.registry.adoption.com

Sincerely,
joan

Willcox, AZ

#18 Apr 27, 2013
http://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/adopti...

This has all the forms. One for the birth parent, one for the sibling, and one for the Adoptee.

Either print off the form, or call the number and request a form be sent to you.

Joan of nyadoptees.com
CPCasale

Piscataway, NJ

#19 May 1, 2013
Sean...I sent you an email. Feel free to friend me on FACEBOOK (Christine Powers Casale) or email me at bettyrulegal@aol.com. We have a facebook page for adoptees/birth families of Butterfield/CHB.
Christine

Willcox, AZ

#20 Jun 11, 2013
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/comments/a...

Please read this, and add your search on here, if you are from this area.

Joan of nyadoptees.com

Willcox, AZ

#21 Jul 3, 2013
FOUND!!!! Birth Son born 07 Aug 1986 Julia L. Butterfield Hospital Cold Spring, NY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cold Spring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alvarez guilty in gang slaying (Dec '08) Oct 15 thetruthlives 9
Newburgh in the 50s and 60s (Jan '10) Oct 9 Tony 8
Newburgh-Beacon bridge suicide on 3/17/20014 (Mar '14) Oct 9 Deborah 9
First same-sex wedding of men happening Saturda... (Nov '13) Sep '14 Don Brown 6
Any else seen the Mountain Lion in the area Aug '14 Felis Puma Concolor 1
FAA investigates congressman's drone wedding video Jul '14 Sigh 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cold Spring, NY (Jan '12) Dec '13 mark rettman 4

Cold Spring News Video

Cold Spring Dating
Find my Match

Cold Spring Jobs

Cold Spring People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cold Spring News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cold Spring

Personal Finance