First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fed up

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Oct 28, 2011
Just pulled my kids out of this crap school system..Newport schools are the worst
Data says

Louisville, KY

#22 Oct 28, 2011
NewportHSstudent wrote:
Everything is way better. The uniforms, the new teaching staff, and especially the new principal. And im pretty sure its the same for the primary and intermediate schools as well.
Test scores are not!
npt student

Ft Mitchell, KY

#23 Oct 30, 2011
As a student at the high school I can say things are better there than they were the last couple of years. Let's give the new administration a chance before we make decisions about this year-it's only October. I think the dress code is great and so do my friends. We the students of NHS deserve your support!
how true

Milford, OH

#24 Oct 30, 2011
fed up wrote:
Just pulled my kids out of this crap school system..Newport schools are the worst
If your kid coul stay out of trouble you may not of have to move him or her. So lets put that head case to ludlow now
npt schools are bad

Cincinnati, OH

#25 Nov 26, 2011
The level of paranoia in this school system of late is almost Nixonian. My daughter just got threatened with SUSPENSION for refusing to wear a UNIFORM.

Needless to say, I am NOT sending her back to Newport Schools.
Rules

Cincinnati, OH

#26 Nov 27, 2011
npt schools are bad wrote:
The level of paranoia in this school system of late is almost Nixonian. My daughter just got threatened with SUSPENSION for refusing to wear a UNIFORM.
So...send her somewhere else where she can disobey the rules. That'll show 'em!
cry me a river

Louisville, KY

#27 Nov 27, 2011
You knew this was coming before the school year. Take that trouble maker who refuses to wear the uniform out of the school then, she will be someone's else problem. Rules are in place for a reason. Kick the bricks with you child then.
Seriously

United States

#28 Nov 27, 2011
Enforcing a rule is not paranoia. She should be suspended. My kids have to wear them, and you know it really pisses me off when I walk into school and see half the kids walking around in violation of it. Navy blue stretchy pants are NOT navy blue dress pants.
NewportHSSenior

Florence, KY

#29 Nov 30, 2011
i don know about all of that i have been here three years and this is by far my worst year at newport high school
really

Ft Mitchell, KY

#30 Dec 1, 2011
NewportHSSenior wrote:
i don know about all of that i have been here three years and this is by far my worst year at newport high school
How is this worse, give a couple of examples, most people I have talked to seem to think things are improving. Thanks
LadyCat fan

Louisville, KY

#31 Dec 3, 2011
While everyone else in the school is wearing the uniform, your daughter should have special privileges to not have to wear the uniform? How interesting is that?
Bill F Reitz

Cincinnati, OH

#32 Dec 3, 2011
LadyCat fan wrote:
While everyone else in the school is wearing the uniform, your daughter should have special privileges to not have to wear the uniform? How interesting is that?
<quoted text>
It's called the Constitution and the Tinker v. Des Moines ruling.
LadyCat fan

Louisville, KY

#33 Dec 4, 2011
I googled the Tinker vs Des Moines ruling. I did not reaf the entire passage. But that was a group of students wearing arm bands in protest of the Vietnam war. It is quite simply a dress code, of which many schools have dress codes, public and private. The dress code was announced back in June. There was plenty of opportunity for that child to be transferred out of Newport. Thank you for the legal notice Bill Reitz.

Bill F Reitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called the Constitution and the Tinker v. Des Moines ruling.
MomTae

Loveland, OH

#34 Sep 14, 2012
Why all the student at the bell today? Someone said it had something to do with Neal Armstrong.
Helpful

Cincinnati, OH

#35 Sep 15, 2012
nptparent

Newport, KY

#36 Sep 15, 2012
Nice Newport--that's what we need to hear--good things may be happening at Newport schools again.

Since: Sep 12

London, KY

#37 Sep 15, 2012
nope thers still lil black n*gglets bringing guns to school shooting people because there retarded...they need to close newport and ohio schools down before another virginia tech happens

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cold Spring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reluctant Kentucky clerk gets time for gay marr... 1 min big rap 1
News Covington raises property tax 19 hr Kyboy 1
newport high school cheer 21 hr nhs02 8
holly shakya Wed grant2013 1
sonya & bo (Feb '15) Wed Nate 2
old newport wagon bridge (Oct '10) Wed Atari2600rules 22
Lori Poore (May '11) Wed What 52
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cold Spring Mortgages