NHS86

Yorkville, NY

#1 Sep 29, 2013
How can the mayor, hire a girl straight out of law school, who has not even passed the bar yet? She can't even do any legal work until she passes the bar and is amitted to the bar.
Illogic

United States

#2 Sep 29, 2013
Easy. That's Utica NY. It's called "patronage" or a sex dump for Robert Palmieri. No other logical reason.
Fort Stanwix Face

Schenectady, NY

#3 Sep 29, 2013
NHS86 wrote:
How can the mayor, hire a girl straight out of law school, who has not even passed the bar yet? She can't even do any legal work until she passes the bar and is amitted to the bar.
No worries. The mayor never even graduating from college! Lol
Hey Dave

New Hartford, NY

#4 Sep 30, 2013
Fort Stanwix Face wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries. The mayor never even graduating from college! Lol
You look like a real wimp.
Joe Schmoe

Utica, NY

#5 Sep 30, 2013
NHS86 wrote:
You must not have a clue, patronage or not, if she has officially graduated with a law degree she can do "legal" work. She can't argue in court in a prosecutorial manner representing the gov't or the people vis-a-vis the gov't without the bar, but she can work administratively, as well as in an advisory and consulting capacity to the mayor's office, et al. She can't directly try court cases. However, as legal representation for a defendant, one does not need to be a lawyer, on the bar or have a degree of any kind. The law/constitution, etc allows any citizen to defend or represent in court. The United States Code (USC)- as the United States (which administers the U.S. courts) is a private corporate enterprise and not a freely elected representative government- does not permit an individual to represent or advertise themselves as an attorney-at-law doing practice under such without being "barred".
jim

Utica, NY

#6 Sep 30, 2013
Mayor didn't even graduate HS.
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#7 Sep 30, 2013
jim wrote:
Mayor didn't even graduate HS.
I hear it's a true story?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cold Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
325 tilden ave drug dealer tom hajdasz 6 min Lisa marie 2
Local small manufacturing business has left Uti... 10 min Just sayin 1
The Nun is leaving 10 min Dean 5
lava spa 13 min lava spa 1
RICK'S PLACE on Mohawk street is a haven for dr... 17 min UticaGoodGuy 3
NYS Quit Smoking Commercials 33 min zagger 22
New Hartford's Quiet Teenage Heroin Problem 35 min spartan alum 5
Cold Brook Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web