weeniewacker

Dover, DE

#21 Sep 4, 2013
Trenton should divest itself of Propsect. Better idea, let Mark Schideldman by Propsect mayor when he gets out in a couple years. That would be a very good fit for he and Prospect.
James

Utica, NY

#22 Sep 5, 2013
Don't think for a second that the esteemed fire chief is innocent in the "30k" in question...theres more to the story than just Don that was never made public.
weeniewacker wrote:
Yeah bring Don back and the fire department's $80,000.
Thumperagreed

Utica, NY

#23 Sep 8, 2013
Its going to cost the village 400k if we keep the current mayor. She is a real gem! If they did do a backround check she would not be in power thats a FACT!
my8kinbutt

Carthage, NY

#24 Sep 8, 2013
Thumperagreed wrote:
Its going to cost the village 400k if we keep the current mayor. She is a real gem! If they did do a backround check she would not be in power thats a FACT!
Even if you get another mayor,it's still going to cost you.And that's A FACT JACK.
James

Utica, NY

#25 Sep 8, 2013
Shoot, Id pay the 80k to get out of paying the 400k...nice job mayor...not! Thanks for protecting your villages best interest ad seeking any and all possible help to get us out of a mess that a faker got us into...you too chief!!!!!!!!!
Thumper

Utica, NY

#26 Sep 12, 2013
I agree.
my8kinbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if you get another mayor,it's still going to cost you.And that's A FACT JACK.
Comp

West Hartford, CT

#27 Sep 25, 2013
Is the mayors husbnd still collecting checks for his BS back injury? Typical comp faker that carries a cane around for show.
Damn Shame

Whitesboro, NY

#28 Sep 25, 2013
It really is too bad that this has all come to this. Pinning the blame on just one person is not the solution to all of Prospect's problems. The fire chief and mayor both must accept some of the blame for what has transpired.
The fire chief is responsible for the safety of all members of the fire department at department events. Questions to ask: Was the injured firefighter properly trained? Was there a Safety Officer present? Why is the Chief also the Treasurer?
The mayor is ultimately responsible for the "business aspect" of the fire department. Questions to ask: Why wasn't the mayor more proactive in the fire department? Why would the mayor let the chief also be the treasurer? Has the mayor followed the proper procedures handling this situation?
Now, if the Village of Prospect is dissolved, who covers the costs associated with the workmans comp case....the Town of Trenton?? If that is the case, there are going to be many very unhappy campers north of Deerfield Hill.........
Voter

Remsen, NY

#29 Sep 25, 2013
What happened to the person who caused the injury. Anybody that lays a hand on a volunteer fire person while they are doing their duty should be charged and arrested. These people do not get paid to do this and it is dangerous enough with out having to take that from the public they are trying to serve.
ben dover

Dover, DE

#30 Sep 25, 2013
That little mayor sure got the last laugh didn't she!!!!
Comp

West Hartford, CT

#31 Sep 25, 2013
Voter wrote:
What happened to the person who caused the injury. Anybody that lays a hand on a volunteer fire person while they are doing their duty should be charged and arrested. These people do not get paid to do this and it is dangerous enough with out having to take that from the public they are trying to serve.
Sorry, this injury was not due to the public. This was a drunk firemen fight. If there were any culpability of an individual outside the FD, that person would have been brought into the case civilly. Drunk firemen own the blame for their own demise.

Which FD will be lucky enough to adopt these displaced heroes? Barn or Rem?
Answer man

Cazenovia, NY

#32 Sep 25, 2013
Firemen are not the public?
Lets Point Fingers

Whitesboro, NY

#33 Sep 26, 2013
Comp wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, this injury was not due to the public. This was a drunk firemen fight. If there were any culpability of an individual outside the FD, that person would have been brought into the case civilly. Drunk firemen own the blame for their own demise.
Which FD will be lucky enough to adopt these displaced heroes? Barn or Rem?
If that's the case, then the blame should be directed towards the Fire Chief and President of the Prospect Fire Department. They are ultimately responsible for he actions of their members. However, the officers of the fire department must be approved and ratified by the Village Board. This now comes full circle. Accountability should include the Fire Chief, Fire Department President, Village Mayor and Board.
Comp

West Hartford, CT

#34 Sep 26, 2013
Answer man wrote:
Firemen are not the public?
See the post above from "voter". This person noted that firemen shouldnt be assaulted by the public while " doing their duty". Which is true, but not representative of the incident being discussed. This tramp wasn't hurt by some general member of the public, her injury was a direct result of drunk, fighting firemen. If i had to venture a guess, she was probably intoxicated herself, contributing to her own injury.

The only "public" involvement here is the financial burden being forced upon an undeserving community.
the innocent

Utica, NY

#35 Sep 27, 2013
People of Prospect have been misled by our Mayor and mostly by the Fire chief. Now it comes to light that the chiefs son in law has filed a comp claim against the village. YEP THATS RIGHT! These are the same folks that were just in the news for welfare fraud. These people including the chief are thieves. convicted thieves. The town needs to step into special session and bring the county and state in to help rid us if the rats that are chewing in the wires.
Comp wrote:
<quoted text>
See the post above from "voter". This person noted that firemen shouldnt be assaulted by the public while " doing their duty". Which is true, but not representative of the incident being discussed. This tramp wasn't hurt by some general member of the public, her injury was a direct result of drunk, fighting firemen. If i had to venture a guess, she was probably intoxicated herself, contributing to her own injury.
The only "public" involvement here is the financial burden being forced upon an undeserving community.
paparock

Utica, NY

#36 Sep 28, 2013
Sounds like the chief is after one last money grab before he has an empty cookie jar. lets hope that the village inventoried the firehouse before the FD got the keys back. Funny, the chief said on tv that the village doesn't own the equipment, the fire company does. HA HA HA!!! The people voted and there is no fire company sir!
Twain

Utica, NY

#37 Sep 28, 2013
Chief was also mayor several years ago....then became chief and treasurer...had been in trouble - rather than jail, had to do so many hours of community service. I guess chief and treasurer counted for that...maybe mayor, too. Got many family members and friends into the FD so they could vote.
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Sep 29, 2013
Comp wrote:
<quoted text>
See the post above from "voter". This person noted that firemen shouldnt be assaulted by the public while " doing their duty". Which is true, but not representative of the incident being discussed. This tramp wasn't hurt by some general member of the public, her injury was a direct result of drunk, fighting firemen. If i had to venture a guess, she was probably intoxicated herself, contributing to her own injury.
The only "public" involvement here is the financial burden being forced upon an undeserving community.
as a matter of medical record....blood tests were taken at the hospital directly after the injury....there was no alcohol found in her system at all....so guess that theory is out the window isnt it???
moto

Utica, NY

#39 Sep 30, 2013
Then she is trying to extort from the village. there is proof that she was released back to work and had photos taken of her on a 'SLIP AND SLIDE" prior to the claim being submitted against Prospect. New lawyers are involved from Albany and the tide could turn. Besides that there will be no F.D. in Prospect.
crazy121112 wrote:
<quoted text>
as a matter of medical record....blood tests were taken at the hospital directly after the injury....there was no alcohol found in her system at all....so guess that theory is out the window isnt it???
fraud

Newington, CT

#40 Sep 30, 2013
Stay tuned folks. Entirely possible that this case results in a felony charge(s) for those making false claims or providing false statements in support of the false claim.

Prospect taxpayers will win a "two for" when the award is overturned, and the FD has been eliminated. Entirely possible that half of the FD and other village officials past and present may get caught up in the web of corruption.

If anyone wants to come clean before the investigator calls your name, maybe you can cut a deal.....18883636001.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cold Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex UPD cop Thad Kaczor gets BUTTSHAFTED on Keeler! 6 min ya MAAAD brah 30
C.O.P.S.: The Cult Of Public Safety 14 min BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA 2
Whos the Welfare HORE MOLLY DEVIN 17 min BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA 8
FSMC Website? 18 min truth 4
More skunk apes in the U (Dec '13) 18 min Step up 4
Cop loses TWO jobs after racist post on social ... 23 min BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA 2
attn OH NO !!!!! THE SEMICONDUCTOR TRADES THE M... 25 min BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA 31

Cold Brook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cold Brook Mortgages