stop bringing refugees to utica

stop bringing refugees to utica

Posted in the Cold Brook Forum

MontyHall

New Hartford, NY

#1 Mar 7, 2013
When is this going to stop and how do we go about stopping it? For the last 15 years the City of Utica has been bringing refugees here by the busloads at the taxpayers expense. Oneida County has reported that 50% of the population is on public assistance. I can assure you that at least 95% of that 50% are refugees, if not more. Our taxes continue to climb here at unjust rates for being a homeowner and our county tax is neck and neck with NYC. Our gas prices remain one of the highest priced in the Country, businesses are moving out left and right, and our school systems are failing us. When and how do we get this to stop? I'm all for helping, but I think we've done more than our fair share here in Utica to help refugees and the unmotivated piss poor to get on their feet. Our working middle-class has suffered enough here to continue paying to relocate refugees here at our expense, when the middle class can barely make ends meet in Utica.
tax payer

Utica, NY

#2 Mar 7, 2013
Agreed. Our county legislaters should help stop this. Oh according to the OD Look at those who don't go to 36 to 55 5 of meetings. If they can't do the job , step down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cold Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We don't have a racism problem in America! 12 min Talhotblonde 81
Remember The Screaming Eagles ? (Mar '10) 13 min ferg 56
Brillo Pad Hair 23 min funny 1
Who Owns Ocean Blue 31 min Idiot 8
Stamped concrete 41 min Idiot 10
Kristin Copeland 52 min Stinky 15
Mac and cheese 1 hr whop change 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cold Brook Mortgages