Utica and Oneida County Tourism missi...
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#452 Jun 8, 2013
But then there are the surprising places like Aqua Vita Farms.  Within a run-down factory area, inside a building that you are not quite sure you should enter, is an exciting look into the future of farming – Aquaponics.  Part one is a hydroponic farming operation producing a variety of lettuces and vegetables, and part two is a Tilapia fish farm.  Here’s the future – the waste from the fish becomes fertilizer for the vegetables, which clean the water that goes back to the fish! A complete eco-system using 600,000 gallons of water where only 1% of that is replenished each day – and that is equal to the amount the vegetables use to grow! Such an exciting and surprising tour.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#453 Jun 8, 2013
Sylvan Beach. What a great stop in the summer or fall! This is the type of place we all look for – a place where locals go that has a wonderful beach community with restaurants and bars on the beach. It’s located on the eastern shore of Oneida Lake.

More and more folks enjoy a factory tour to learn how the products they use are made. Oneida County has several – besides F.X. Matt, there is the Adirondack Distillery – a young upstart producing excellent Vodka hand-crafted with NY corn and filtered with Herkimer Diamonds!  Besides Aqua Vita Farms, there is the NY Fish Hatchery farming the majority of trout filling the streams and lakes of NY. Besides the Stanley Theater, is the Meyda Tiffany factory tour – the oldest Tiffany lamp manufacturer and the creator of the magnificent chandelier in the Stanley. And Harden Furniture – American-made quality furniture – offers a proud and extensive tour of furniture making along with a lesson on good forestry practices.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#454 Jun 8, 2013
Another surprise – the Oneida Community Mansion which tells the story of the utopian society that flourished here (1848-1880). A community where women were equals, no one married but they did have children, and where they create Oneida silver among other industries.  Descendants still live on the property today and the story is fascinating.

 Whether it is iconic, surprising, natural, or cutting edge – Oneida County makes for an attractive and interesting tourism destination.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#455 Jun 8, 2013
The Delta Lake Inn is a beautiful restaurant and stop overlooking Delta Lake. The gorgeous views are only matched by the wonderful food. I came away 5 pounds heavier – and smiling.  It’s here that I learned about a local dish – Utica Greens. Who knew escarole could taste so good?
No Thanks

Needham Heights, MA

#456 Jun 8, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
But then there are the surprising places like Aqua Vita Farms.  Within a run-down factory area, inside a building that you are not quite sure you should enter, is an exciting look into the future of farming – Aquaponics.  Part one is a hydroponic farming operation producing a variety of lettuces and vegetables, and part two is a Tilapia fish farm.  Here’s the future – the waste from the fish becomes fertilizer for the vegetables, which clean the water that goes back to the fish! A complete eco-system using 600,000 gallons of water where only 1% of that is replenished each day – and that is equal to the amount the vegetables use to grow! Such an exciting and surprising tour.
Yeah all of it sounds so fun and exciting. Its amazing how messed up your head is.
Whitesboro Unemployment 7

Albany, NY

#457 Jun 8, 2013
No Thanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah all of it sounds so fun and exciting. Its amazing how messed up your head is.
I refer to him as delusional.
Whitesboro Unemployment 7

Albany, NY

#458 Jun 9, 2013
Maybe a pot hole driving tour for all of the tourists?
Whitesboro Unemployment 7

Albany, NY

#459 Jun 11, 2013
You could provide walking tours of Johnson park.
Tourism

Medford, MA

#460 Jun 11, 2013
How's the big tourism push going?
Utica Is High Tech LOL

Albany, NY

#462 Jun 15, 2013
Tourism wrote:
How's the big tourism push going?
He's too busy with all of the tourists to answer. Lol
Utica Is High Tech LOL

Albany, NY

#463 Jun 16, 2013
Maybe there could be tours of the DMV at the train station.
Utica Is High Tech LOL

Albany, NY

#464 Jun 16, 2013
Perhaps guided tours of the prison? Tourists love stuff like that. Lol
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#465 Jun 17, 2013
http://www.uticaod.com/news/x1484775151/Anoth ....

Another hotel coming to Harbor Point!

Omg. Where is all the people that said the harbor would never happen. Good thing you didn't bet. You would be eating your shoes right now. Why is all this development happening?

Can you say Nanotech. No no don't say that. What will all the negative people complain about when that happens.

Hold on to your seats. Utica,NY is headed into a positive direction. The Negative Nellie's will be getting sick.
Good luck with all that

United States

#466 Jun 17, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
http://www.uticaod.com/news/x1 484775151/Anoth....
Another hotel coming to Harbor Point!
Omg. Where is all the people that said the harbor would never happen. Good thing you didn't bet. You would be eating your shoes right now. Why is all this development happening?
Can you say Nanotech. No no don't say that. What will all the negative people complain about when that happens.
Hold on to your seats. Utica,NY is headed into a positive direction. The Negative Nellie's will be getting sick.
Big deal. Harbor peanut. Aquatech? They aren't even using LED like ALL OF ASIA in more profitable versions with saturating RED/Blue LEDs. They're still using light bulbs! Must be so "hi tech" it went in a circle! You are so easily impressed by nothing it's no wonder you're all so duped the second you find someone willing to stand next to you at a ribbon cutting. This is how bad education makes people gullible by fancy pictures.

No "nano" is coming to the area. "Nano" itself is a co adopted pipe dream term by politicians and not even how the people they are trying to attract refer to their work. The word the politicians mean is "semiconductor". That's how stupid they are looked at by talking down to the voters. Studies were done that just put the last nail in the coffin for anyone but GF to work with NY or SUNY. The reports going around make that clear. GF is a pariah in the industry and the SUNY thing is an IP nightmare.

Enjoy that smashing success. Vote for Cuomo and corrupt decades of career politicians who backroom deal you and pick and chose some more. Good luck with that giant giant convention center and that "We must build the incubator and they will grow" mentality.

BTW Texas is a "Lower taxes and they will come" state. Right to work, no tort disaster like Shellys NY. Little regulation.

That's why Texas governor is going around up there stealing your companies and intelligent people.

Instead of the other way around. Let us know how all that ignore the messenger pipe dreaming works out for you. Enjoy your peanut hotel too. Who is doing the construction? Gaetano or a Destito?
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#467 Jun 17, 2013
Texas sucks. You ever been there in the summer? You can't even breath the air. It's one big dust bowl. You can have your tumbleweeds. I prefer the Adirondacks and the Mohawk Valley.
Gov of Texas is coming to NY because we have them running scared. For the first time in a long time,NY state is starting to get it.
The Empire State Strikes Back.
Valley Hoe

New York, NY

#469 Jun 17, 2013
Man I knew they had some good stuff floating around. Wow, Utica Pride you had better wake up and smell the coffee. Central New York is nothing but four corners on the way to oblivion. It is being run into the ground by a bunch of political hacks that stuff their own pockets. Nothing is ever going to change around this area. Business and the young continue to leave and you like the band on the Titanic live in a delusional world. Small minds and small ideas is all CNY is. Maybe you can burn it all down and the state can make it part of the Adirondack Park. Oh did anyone tell you this state has the highest taxes in the country, highest workmans compensation, environmental rules. And dead last in job creation.
Utica Is High Tech LOL

Albany, NY

#471 Jun 17, 2013
Valley Hoe wrote:
Man I knew they had some good stuff floating around. Wow, Utica Pride you had better wake up and smell the coffee. Central New York is nothing but four corners on the way to oblivion. It is being run into the ground by a bunch of political hacks that stuff their own pockets. Nothing is ever going to change around this area. Business and the young continue to leave and you like the band on the Titanic live in a delusional world. Small minds and small ideas is all CNY is. Maybe you can burn it all down and the state can make it part of the Adirondack Park. Oh did anyone tell you this state has the highest taxes in the country, highest workmans compensation, environmental rules. And dead last in job creation.
Shh...don't ruin his dream. Lol
Valley Hoe

New York, NY

#472 Jun 18, 2013
Utica Is High Tech LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Shh...don't ruin his dream. Lol


Definitely. He is as lost as most that are running things here in CNY. As the good ship CNY sinks, the delusional continue to rake in the big paychecks and believe their own bull. The old boys club.
Utica Is High Tech LOL

Albany, NY

#473 Jun 18, 2013
Valley Hoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely. He is as lost as most that are running things here in CNY. As the good ship CNY sinks, the delusional continue to rake in the big paychecks and believe their own bull. The old boys club.
But hey. Utica has a sign and nh has an Olive Garden. Lol
Valley Hoe

New York, NY

#474 Jun 19, 2013
Yes. And the clueless continue to believe that "BIG" business is going to relocate back here in in backwater central New York. Great sign in the Frankfort industrial park. Been thirty years since it was created. They could have made more money farming it than sitting all these years. I will be dead and gone before any business comes there. I have a friend who has a U-Haul dealership. He is having hard time getting trucks cause the exodus from upstate is so bad. No vehicles coming back to upstate. CNY a great place for the dead and the dying and empty houses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cold Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristin Copeland 15 min Dave 22
We don't have a racism problem in America! 19 min Disgusted 119
Electric Pulses coming from building next to no... 45 min J Paladino 1
new building on arnold ave 1 hr Herman munster 3
Cretins New Reality Show name it 2 hr DaveCretinSmith 55
Michele Gulla ? 2 hr Black kettle 17
Arrested twice for DWAI with in days 3 hr Oneida County 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cold Brook Mortgages