Anyone else starting to get their mai...

Anyone else starting to get their mail later?

Posted in the Cold Brook Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
East Utican

New Hartford, NY

#1 Oct 5, 2013
about 2 and a half weeks ago I noticed my mail was starting to come after 5pm. for as long as I can remember it has always arrived around 9:45-10:30am... anyone else notice a change in their mail delivery times?
WHAT

Herkimer, NY

#2 Oct 5, 2013
East Utican wrote:
about 2 and a half weeks ago I noticed my mail was starting to come after 5pm. for as long as I can remember it has always arrived around 9:45-10:30am... anyone else notice a change in their mail delivery times?
Mine is right on schedule.
Yep

Whitesboro, NY

#3 Oct 5, 2013
I noticed the same thing. It got later and later until we finally get it after 4:00. Some days we don't get it at all, especially Fridays, then we get double the amount the next day.
Utican

Carthage, NY

#4 Oct 5, 2013
I live in N. Utica and we use to always get our mail delivered by 9:c0 AM - 10AM -but- for the past few weeks, it doesn't get delivered until late in the afternoon; as late as 5:30PM!!!!

I thought the Post Office had a rule that ALL mail had to be delivered no later than 4 PM.

The carriers can't be that "overworked" for the simple job of delivering mail - can they?
wow

Herkimer, NY

#5 Oct 5, 2013
Utican wrote:
I live in N. Utica and we use to always get our mail delivered by 9:c0 AM - 10AM -but- for the past few weeks, it doesn't get delivered until late in the afternoon; as late as 5:30PM!!!!
I thought the Post Office had a rule that ALL mail had to be delivered no later than 4 PM.
The carriers can't be that "overworked" for the simple job of delivering mail - can they?
Im getting my mail delivered by 10 am. It used to come about 2 pm.
Beatles

Utica, NY

#6 Oct 5, 2013
I'm getting mine earlier in the day too, used to be after 4pm.

My postman said they were changing the carriers' routes up and that there were fewer of them to deliver.
Stressed Out

Utica, NY

#7 Oct 5, 2013
Our mail comes at all different times now & some days not at all. On the days it doesn't come at all, the following day, we get it first thing. The carriers are forced to carry GPS tracking with them. They are timed & have to be at certain addresses by certain times. All carriers are now required to walk the route with their GPS so the office can see if they are where they are supposed to be. Other times, the supervisors walk with them to observe.The carriers are all stressed out. A few are retiring by the end of the year. My man included. He's counting the days!
wow

Herkimer, NY

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Stressed Out wrote:
Our mail comes at all different times now & some days not at all. On the days it doesn't come at all, the following day, we get it first thing. The carriers are forced to carry GPS tracking with them. They are timed & have to be at certain addresses by certain times. All carriers are now required to walk the route with their GPS so the office can see if they are where they are supposed to be. Other times, the supervisors walk with them to observe.The carriers are all stressed out. A few are retiring by the end of the year. My man included. He's counting the days!
Poor mailcarriers are "stressed out" over such a difficult job. If they had to really work for a living they wouldn't know what to do.
Valley neighbor

Little Falls, NY

#9 Oct 6, 2013
You must be retired that seems to be the highlight of a retirees day, waiting for the mail. I really don't care if they cut it down to a few days a week. I don't think the carriers have such a easy job considering weather conditions, dogs they have to beware full of, unshoveled walkways and mailboxes.
expostman

Raleigh, NC

#10 Oct 6, 2013
The routes are usually delivered about the same time every day if your regular carrier is working that day. If he calls in sick or is off they take his route and split it up among other carriers. They each take a piece of his route and deliver it after the finsh their route. They deliver mail everyday they do not bring mail back in with them so if you don't get mail one day' you don't have any mail that day, they don't run out and do yours first the next day. And if you don't think its a real job , try delivering in the middle of a snow storm going up and down unsalted walkways, and facing pitbulls and other unfriendly dogs on your routes , there are plenty of other tough conditions out there, but you do get some nice days. It used to be a great job . utica used to have 80 carriers now its 50 something ,same amount of streets to deliver on. If you walked one day zero degrees , wind blowing ,black ice all over you might look at it a little different
hank brackett

Long Eddy, NY

#11 Oct 6, 2013
Be thankful your getting any mail at all. Let them end Saturday mail delivery...who gives a flying f***????
Mail

Holland Patent, NY

#12 Oct 6, 2013
Route changes ,get used to it.
WTF

Herkimer, NY

#13 Oct 6, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor mailcarriers are "stressed out" over such a difficult job. If they had to really work for a living they wouldn't know what to do.
Ever get tired of being a freaking self centered lawn decoration??
fox

Utica, NY

#14 Oct 6, 2013
Our mail carrier said that there were cutbacks, and that some routes were parcelled out to different mail carriers. This is expected to be the norm now unless there are too many complaints. My mail has been coming around 6:30pm, when it used to be there by noon. Mail carriers are working around 10 hours a day right now.
No stamp

Ithaca, NY

#15 Oct 6, 2013
fox wrote:
Our mail carrier said that there were cutbacks, and that some routes were parcelled out to different mail carriers. This is expected to be the norm now unless there are too many complaints. My mail has been coming around 6:30pm, when it used to be there by noon. Mail carriers are working around 10 hours a day right now.
Try getting your mail at 7:30 ! It's a disgrace .
hmmpf

Utica, NY

#16 Oct 6, 2013
East Utican wrote:
Yes, same here on the south side. Mailman said eight routes had been eliminated by attrition and now the routes are split up and divided among the remaining mailmen. This is permanent. Seems odd to greet the mailman in my driveway when I get home at 5:30 pm. BTW, some businesses have been affected as well. They traditionally got their mail in the mornings, but now it can be as late as 5pm.
hank brackett

New Hartford, NY

#17 Oct 6, 2013
Eventually everyone will have to go to the post office to pick up their mail.
jackie

Utica, NY

#18 Oct 6, 2013
They are toying with the idea of positioning groups of secure mailboxes in a central location in a neighborhood that would cover the houses on the block. You've probably seen them already. Some of the larger apartment houses on Genesee Street between Oswego and Noyes already have them poisitoned outside the building. They are silver boxes that are key entry only. The post office claims this would save a bundle on the money they pay out to deliver mail. Making everyone pick it up at the post office doesn't seem quite fair to the disabled, elderly and poor who do not have a car.
Bobby Beercan

Ashburn, VA

#19 Oct 6, 2013
expostman wrote:
The routes are usually delivered about the same time every day if your regular carrier is working that day. If he calls in sick or is off they take his route and split it up among other carriers. They each take a piece of his route and deliver it after the finsh their route. They deliver mail everyday they do not bring mail back in with them so if you don't get mail one day' you don't have any mail that day, they don't run out and do yours first the next day. And if you don't think its a real job , try delivering in the middle of a snow storm going up and down unsalted walkways, and facing pitbulls and other unfriendly dogs on your routes , there are plenty of other tough conditions out there, but you do get some nice days. It used to be a great job . utica used to have 80 carriers now its 50 something ,same amount of streets to deliver on. If you walked one day zero degrees , wind blowing ,black ice all over you might look at it a little different
First off....we Do have days when the WHOLE BLOCK doesn't get mail the WHOLE Day! And there is also a room full of undeliverable mail @ the office!You've been retired too long to know this! As far as walking in zero degrees, what about the guys using the trucks to deliver? I wish I had YOUR pension!!!

“Sup'”

Since: Jan 13

UK

#20 Oct 6, 2013
Yes. East Utica here also. I normally get my mail around 12:30 or 1:00. But lately it's been showing up really late. 4:00 and later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cold Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dave Smith Taber ln NH Family Pic's Coming Soon... 2 min ONE AN DONE 8
Kayliegh Hanna blames "THE BLAAACKS!!" for Downs! 4 min REALRACIST 21
Restaurants 10 min Abby 1
President Trump a Great Leader 34 min Countryman 10
Why are Uticans so defensive & parrot-stupid? 41 min Beenthere 15
Joette Mancuso 1 hr Kelli 26
Grievence Day in Remsen is a joke ! 1 hr Coulditbe 2

Cold Brook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance