Police Record

There are 3 comments on the Star-Gazette.com story from May 8, 2011, titled Police Record. In it, Star-Gazette.com reports that:

If that isn't the name of an official festival, it should be.After bemoaning what seemed like the rainiest spring ever for the last five weeks, I Tomorrow, more than 1,200 supporters of same-sex marriage will be in Albany to lobby to make the measure law this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Gazette.com.

I Believe

Mumford, NY

#1 Jun 7, 2011
This subject should not even be talked about in our state or federal goverment. There is much more pressing subjects than talking about gay rights.These people have made a choice to live this kind of life, it doesnt need to be forced on everyone.Our country was founded on the bible and that needs to be our guide not a few people who want to push their life style.WE NEED LAW MAKERS TO BELIVE LIKE THE FOUNDERS OF OUR COUNTRY DID!!!!

utienation

“Live To Kill Live to Die”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 23, 2011
I Believe wrote:
This subject should not even be talked about in our state or federal goverment. There is much more pressing subjects than talking about gay rights.These people have made a choice to live this kind of life, it doesnt need to be forced on everyone.Our country was founded on the bible and that needs to be our guide not a few people who want to push their life style.WE NEED LAW MAKERS TO BELIVE LIKE THE FOUNDERS OF OUR COUNTRY DID!!!!
I agree why should we listen to this nonsense when we got other things to worry about in our country.....

If you choose to be that way it's your life......don't put it of highly intelligence people that need to focus on our economy other than foolish things that don't apply to the world's needs sorry it's not going to happen......
nobody

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jun 23, 2011
I find it absurd that the politicians in Albany are debating same-sex marriage when we have a failing economy, loss of jobs, budgets in the red, etc. They should be focused on fixing our state's financial woes and trying to attract businesses to New York State to bring jobs to our citizens.

Instead, the politicians are pandering to a vocal minority in order to attract some votes and avoid dealing with the tough issues that may cost them votes. Our politicians need to grow a spine and stand up to do what is needed!

As far as same sex marriage goes, I feel that the term "Marriage" carries religious connotations and should not even be discussed in Albany or even Washington, DC. I have no problem with same sex couples having a "Civil Union" and being covered under each other's insurance, etc. But the term marriage should be reserved for religious people and ceremonies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cohocton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four Wayland men arrested for thefts in Sparta (Jan '12) Feb '17 TJ Spankit 19
News ICYMI: Immigration Enforcement Agents Rounded U... Feb '17 Geezer 5
Large Built Hispanic Man Seen on Franklyn Stree... Feb '17 MrMagoo 1
whatever became of good ol rick sawdey anyway? (Dec '10) Jan '17 No name 18
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '16 reasonvoice 27
News DiNAPOLI in Hornell: More corruption arrests co... (Sep '14) Sep '14 lookingw 1
Dominic Azzi (Apr '14) May '14 rusty schutz 3

Cohocton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cohocton Mortgages