Gates man dies in Steuben County ATV ...

Gates man dies in Steuben County ATV accident

There are 17 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Nov 15, 2009, titled Gates man dies in Steuben County ATV accident. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A Gates man is dead after an ATV crash in Steuben County, and state police say alcohol was involved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

CityRes

Rochester, NY

#2 Nov 15, 2009
Burbs and alcohol don't mix.

What's the score now???

We've had surprisingly warm weather in the City, yet still not many murders.
Sober in Brockport

Rochester, NY

#3 Nov 15, 2009
Doesn't really matter if it's a car, a boat, a snowmobile, or an ATV...mixing alcohol with driving any one of these things is foolhardy and, as is the case here DEADLY. Then again, that's stating the obvious. But if it's so obvious, why do people continue to do it? Oh yeah, it "only happens to the 'other guy'".
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

#4 Nov 15, 2009
Sober in Brockport wrote:
Doesn't really matter if it's a car, a boat, a snowmobile, or an ATV...mixing alcohol with driving any one of these things is foolhardy and, as is the case here DEADLY. Then again, that's stating the obvious. But if it's so obvious, why do people continue to do it? Oh yeah, it "only happens to the 'other guy'".
White guys out drinking and doing ""drugs"".
Maybe the police in Steuben County should start stopping and searching all white people to find drugs??
David Desilet

Rochester, NY

#5 Nov 15, 2009
My friend has been very sad Joe was his uncle.
Ha Ha

Geneseo, NY

#6 Nov 15, 2009
Sober in Brockport wrote:
good thing all those airline pilots can hold their liquor.

Since: Sep 09

United States

#7 Nov 16, 2009
What to do with these dark chocolates ??
stupidity

Albany, NY

#8 Nov 16, 2009
why do people always have to make everything a "race" issue? this is a tragedy no matter what color the people are and the fact that people are still operating ANY motor vehicle under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and/or riding with someone who does it, should be in forefront of everyone's mind! Good Gosh people, pull your heads out of your behinds and show some empathy!
Opinionated

Fairport, NY

#9 Nov 16, 2009
While I am always sorry to hear that someone passes, it saddens me more that people don't realize that NO drinking and driving includes ATV's as well.
Duuuhhhh

Macedon, NY

#10 Nov 16, 2009
CityRes wrote:
What's the score now???
I look forward to your posts because you prove your stupidity and ignorance each and every time. Keep 'em coming genius.
Fact

Rochester, NY

#11 Nov 16, 2009
Leroy Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
White guys out drinking and doing ""drugs"".
Maybe the police in Steuben County should start stopping and searching all white people to find drugs??
Or we can investigate racist people like you.
Salad

Falls Church, VA

#12 Nov 16, 2009
CityRes wrote:
What's the score now???
Not Many Murders?!?! Really? So a few murders here and there are ok? Expected? How about ZERO Murders!?!?!?! It ain’t ok for people to go around killing people….

duochebag
ACDC

Rochester, NY

#13 Nov 16, 2009
Have a drink on me.
Bon Rob

AOL

#14 Nov 16, 2009
R.I.P Joe, You Will Be Missed Always!!Camp Will Never Be The Same!!!You Definately Were One Of The Good Ol' Boys!!
MADD

Rochester, NY

#15 Nov 16, 2009
One of the Good Ol' Drunk driver trying to kill innocent Boys.
Ha Ha

Geneseo, NY

#16 Nov 16, 2009
MADD wrote:
One of the Good Ol' Drunk driver trying to kill innocent Boys.
Does MADD stand for Mothers against dyslexia?
holmer

Webster, NY

#17 Nov 17, 2009
stupidity wrote:
why do people always have to make everything a "race" issue? this is a tragedy no matter what color the people are and the fact that people are still operating ANY motor vehicle under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and/or riding with someone who does it, should be in forefront of everyone's mind! Good Gosh people, pull your heads out of your behinds and show some empathy!
Some folks only have one issue that they post about.
Alcohol and most other drugs impair judgment enough that anything can seem like a good idea. Driving stupidly,fighting and waking up next to strangers are good examples.
Heart broken

Rochester, NY

#18 Nov 20, 2009
Joe was a dear friend to my whole family. I am sadden for his family and all his many friends OF ALL RACES AND BACK GROUNDS. Joe was not a perfect man, but hey he was just a man!!!!!!!!! His sins are taken care of now, are yours? To this great human being I will miss you so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cohocton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexual predator (Mar '12) May '16 Vibe 4
Wayland troopers Apr '16 Your mom 2
snitch! Apr '16 smdh 1
Will from dollar general in Dansville ny Feb '16 Unknown 1
Wills ex wife Feb '16 Unknown 1
will from dollar general in dansville ny Feb '16 Unknown 1
News Dansville Catholic School to Close (Apr '08) Jan '16 Christine Williams 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cohocton Mortgages