First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kathy Green

Wichita, KS

#1 May 20, 2012
I am trying to find a local nursing home to put my mother in. Anyone have any suggestions as to which one is better.
Opinionated

Coffeyville, KS

#2 May 25, 2012
Kathy Green wrote:
I am trying to find a local nursing home to put my mother in. Anyone have any suggestions as to which one is better.
I would suggest Windsor. It is a big facility, but the way they have it set up allows for the residents to get closer monitoring. My grandpa is in this nursing home. This is the 3rd one in 2 years and he really seems happy with this facility. They have the home broke down into different communities. Each with its own kitchen, dining and commons areas. They have dogs and cats that the residents seem to like alot. I have to keep my grandpa stocked up on treats. He loves when they come in his room to visit. I have several friends who have loved ones there and all of them are very satisfied with this facility.
not to mention

United States

#3 May 25, 2012
Opinionated wrote:
<quoted text>I would suggest Windsor. It is a big facility, but the way they have it set up allows for the residents to get closer monitoring. My grandpa is in this nursing home. This is the 3rd one in 2 years and he really seems happy with this facility. They have the home broke down into different communities. Each with its own kitchen, dining and commons areas. They have dogs and cats that the residents seem to like alot. I have to keep my grandpa stocked up on treats. He loves when they come in his room to visit. I have several friends who have loved ones there and all of them are very satisfied with this facility.
The amazing age to age program they have at Windsor !! My son attended the kindergarten class at Windsor and It was a true blessing to our family and the residents of Windsor Place ;)
nope

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Jun 1, 2012
dont go to windsor everyone there is on drugs..its the only old folks home that doesnt drug test.. so all the low lifes work there!
Blanket Statements

United States

#5 Jun 1, 2012
"nope"--

Not "everyone" who works at Windsor Place is "on drugs." Nor are all of the employees "low lifes." There are so many people out there who give 110% to the elderly people; you can see that they are passionate about what they do there.

If the absence of a pre-employment drug screening is your basis for judging a facility's ability to provide great care for the people who live there, you are missing out on so many other reasons why Windsor Place is one of the best long-term care facilities in this area.

I have had several family members stay there. I wouldn't choose any other place for my loved ones.
working class

Coffeyville, KS

#6 Jun 1, 2012
You can't have a license if you don't test. If you that for a fact turn them in, I doubt that is true.
WTH

United States

#7 Jun 2, 2012
There is nothing that says employers have to drug test employees.
Knee Deep

Coffeyville, KS

#8 Jun 2, 2012
If you could consider an Asst Living, Asbury Village is awesome! Everyone there is like one big family and they have activities for their residents all the time.
Broke Taxpayer

Coffeyville, KS

#9 Jun 3, 2012
The major problem with ALL nursing homes including Windsor. Is that as long as they can bill the government (ie the taxpayers), they will provide the best care in the world. But and I mean BUT, if the family is forced to pay the bills and the BIG checks from Medicare stop. Then the quality of care is very, very poor. They have to many people living there, and not enough help that they want to pay. It all comes down to how much money they can put in their pockets. Very sad.
Hmmmmmm

Wichita, KS

#11 Jun 17, 2012
If it is necessary to put your loved one in a long term care facility in this area, I would suggest Windsor Place. Every long term facility has its issues. There are people who care and others are just there to survive (collect a paycheck). Before putting a loved one in any facility I would suggest looking at state survey's, at least a few year back. They are made available through the facility or the State can make them available to you. Pop up in the facility during all shifts to make sure you are comfortable with the things that are going on. The same should be done when looking at assisted living facilities. Good luck in finding the right fit for you and your loved one.
hmm

Coffeyville, KS

#12 Jun 18, 2012
Just because you have it out for someone, does not mean that EVERYONE that works at windsor is the same way. The residents get good care, and I can tell you that for a FACT!
ohno wrote:
<quoted text>
if i were you i would not suggest windsor do you know their employees have sex in linen closets?? so next time grandma or grandpa is getting dried off its prolly got jizz on it.. and this is a FACT i know someone who just got suspended for hooking up with an employee in the closet. also everyone in the laundry department is either a tweeker or a pill popper. some of them smoke weed by the trash can this i have witnessed with my own eyes!
ohno
#13 Jun 19, 2012
yeah but i wouldnt want my grandparents in a facility that allows stuff like that its sick wait till you get off work to get high or bust a nut
WTH

United States

#15 Jun 28, 2012
There are facilities that Bill the government and give poor care. You don't know what you are talking about.
Broke Taxpayer wrote:
The major problem with ALL nursing homes including Windsor. Is that as long as they can bill the government (ie the taxpayers), they will provide the best care in the world. But and I mean BUT, if the family is forced to pay the bills and the BIG checks from Medicare stop. Then the quality of care is very, very poor. They have to many people living there, and not enough help that they want to pay. It all comes down to how much money they can put in their pockets. Very sad.
WTH

United States

#18 Jul 18, 2012
Why should we take your word for it?
real talk wrote:
even the director of nursing jeanette and her assistant carla davis is on drugs and this is a known fact!!!
choose a different facility
!!!
WTH

United States

#19 Jul 18, 2012
Disgruntled ex-employee?
real talk wrote:
even the director of nursing jeanette and her assistant carla davis is on drugs and this is a known fact!!!
choose a different facility
!!!
Zen

Independence, KS

#20 Jul 18, 2012
real talk, could you possibly be an ex employee that was let go????
saphire

United States

#21 Jul 22, 2012
WTH wrote:
Disgruntled ex-employee?
<quoted text>
. Sounds like someone talking about Windsor place REAlly dosent know what their talking about and I know this for a fact. Windsor is lucky to have gotten rid of such a imature employee. My family member was well taken care of. It is the most resident centered. Nursing home I have seen.
saphire

United States

#22 Jul 22, 2012
WTH wrote:
Disgruntled ex-employee?
<quoted text>
. Sounds like someone was close to an employee who may have cheated with a co worker. So to say bad things that aren't true about the nursing home is ... Well let's just say sad and also sound like you were the one let go for drauma ,that a work place can go without and ummmm ....probably the one that really doing the drugs.
kkkk

Independence, KS

#23 Jul 27, 2012
Bring forth your known fact that Jeanette and her assistant Carla Davis are on drugs,, You know the truth back your story up.
Saphire

United States

#24 Aug 6, 2012
kkkk wrote:
Bring forth your known fact that Jeanette and her assistant Carla Davis are on drugs,, You know the truth back your story up.
. You don't know what your talking about.... The story that needs backed up is yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyson food 1 hr raper johnson 17
Is it time for Louis to get another petition go... 4 hr Answer 3
Last Post Wins (Mar '12) 9 hr Princess Hey 629
Caston Thread Deleted Again 10 hr Sherlock Holmes 8
St. John imaging closed 13 hr Unbelieveable 32
Trump's downfall imminent Sun Alwysright 7
Global warming nuts Dec 9 GTT 5

Coffeyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance