First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Takeout Order

Coffeyville, KS

#1 Aug 23, 2012
Is City Commissioner Don Edwards no longer employed at Pizza Hut? Will he become our new city manager?
Gino

Coffeyville, KS

#2 Aug 23, 2012
No, he's been sliced. Yes, the city commission is that clueless.
CCC Raven

Coffeyville, KS

#3 Aug 23, 2012
Donnie has a degree in journalism. I heard he intends either to go to work at the Reporter or to go back to work at the Journal.
reader

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Aug 23, 2012
CCC Raven wrote:
Donnie has a degree in journalism. I heard he intends either to go to work at the Reporter or to go back to work at the Journal.
It's more likely that Edwards would go to work with his buddies at the Montgomery County Chronicle.
Good for him

Coffeyville, KS

#5 Aug 23, 2012
Now I can get some cheese on my gosh darn pizza
ICC

Coffeyville, KS

#6 Aug 24, 2012
I hope he isn't coming to work at the Pizza Hut in Independence.
City Hall

Coffeyville, KS

#7 Aug 24, 2012
CCC Raven wrote:
We all know here that the Journal would be gay as a goose about having him back, since Don brags about being instrumental in helping to steer the City of Coffeyville's legal advertising outside the city limits and into a shopper that carries a Caney address and is printed in Parsons.

What goes around comes around. Or what comes around goes around.

Since: Nov 11

Kansas City, KS

#8 Aug 24, 2012
City Hall wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know here that the Journal would be gay as a goose about having him back, since Don brags about being instrumental in helping to steer the City of Coffeyville's legal advertising outside the city limits and into a shopper that carries a Caney address and is printed in Parsons.
Did Don or anyone else on the city council say why they made the switch?
Concerned

Coffeyville, KS

#9 Aug 24, 2012
flagwaver22 wrote:
<quoted text>
For not paying taxes.....its odd that David George,aka the mayor, has his name in the paper for not paying his taxes......hmmmmm,odd indeed!
little bird

Coffeyville, KS

#10 Aug 24, 2012
I was at the meeting when it happened. The commission passed the measure unanimously and without comment -- which of course suggests they had talked about it and agreed to it BEFORE it came up in open session.
little bird

Coffeyville, KS

#11 Aug 24, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
For not paying taxes.....its odd that David George,aka the mayor, has his name in the paper for not paying his taxes......hmmmmm,odd indeed!
David George, the man who tells others to support local business, the realtor who votes on property and zoning matters, and the realtor who claims there is no housing shortage in this area.
journal

United States

#12 Aug 24, 2012
City Hall wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your crying, nobody cares about your dying paper. Your journalist never would stay at the commission meetings very long to give it proper coverage, you gave Jim Taylor his own article to blast city government in a feeble attempt to sale more papers which backfired in your faces, you can't even print articles without lots of errors in most of them, finally your sales are probably the lowest in the county. You don't even print your papers locally, heck you don't even print them in this state.
wabbit weader

Coffeyville, KS

#13 Aug 24, 2012
flagwaver22 wrote:
<quoted text>
They did it because they and a city official with a bad dye job wanted to punish the Journal for publishing Jim Taylor's columns that questioned them.
auditor

Coffeyville, KS

#14 Aug 24, 2012
journal wrote:
<quoted text>Quit your crying, nobody cares about your dying paper. Your journalist never would stay at the commission meetings very long to give it proper coverage, you gave Jim Taylor his own article to blast city government in a feeble attempt to sale more papers which backfired in your faces, you can't even print articles without lots of errors in most of them, finally your sales are probably the lowest in the county. You don't even print your papers locally, heck you don't even print them in this state.
Highest to lowest circulation, excluding the Good News:

Independence Reporter, 5 days per week
Coffeyville Journal, 2 days per week
Taylor newspaper, 1 day per week
Vermillion newspaper, 1 day per week
Poncho Bob Villa

United States

#15 Aug 24, 2012
Did they tell don to clean out his purse and leave the building?
coffey

Scottsdale, AZ

#16 Aug 24, 2012
amazingville
Col Ingus

Coffeyville, KS

#17 Aug 25, 2012
Good for him wrote:
Now I can get some cheese on my gosh darn pizza
Thought I was the only one getting no cheese. Order double cheese and get 1/2 of what used to be normal.
previous employee

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Aug 26, 2012
I have recently worked for Don Edwards at the Coffeyville Pizza Hut. I left because of him. He is the worst boss I have ever had. He was rude, cussed at every employee, and used his power to ruin your day. I am happy he no longer works there. He enforced rules (which did not go by Pizza Hut) to put little toppings on the pizzas to save him money. Everyday I went to work, i left upset because of him. I work there for 10 months and just couldn't take it anymore. People need to know how he is. We were constantly busy and he refused to help. He would sit at his desk, get on facebook, and play angry birds on his iPad. Many employees told his boss how terrible he was but she didn't do anything about it. Its about time someone did something. That place was out of control. I know that that Pizza Hut will be far better without him. The crew there is absolutely wonderful and I wish my friends and previous co-emploees the best of luck. The managers there are awesome and do a wonderful job. Im sure this will be taken off because is it not "polite" but I felt that people needed to know about the REAL Don Edwards. He is a monster.
wondering

Coffeyville, KS

#19 Aug 27, 2012
previous employee wrote:
I have recently worked for Don Edwards at the Coffeyville Pizza Hut. I left because of him. He is the worst boss I have ever had. He was rude, cussed at every employee, and used his power to ruin your day. I am happy he no longer works there. He enforced rules (which did not go by Pizza Hut) to put little toppings on the pizzas to save him money. Everyday I went to work, i left upset because of him. I work there for 10 months and just couldn't take it anymore. People need to know how he is. We were constantly busy and he refused to help. He would sit at his desk, get on facebook, and play angry birds on his iPad. Many employees told his boss how terrible he was but she didn't do anything about it. Its about time someone did something. That place was out of control. I know that that Pizza Hut will be far better without him. The crew there is absolutely wonderful and I wish my friends and previous co-emploees the best of luck. The managers there are awesome and do a wonderful job. Im sure this will be taken off because is it not "polite" but I felt that people needed to know about the REAL Don Edwards. He is a monster.
Can't someone file a complaint about him with the state employment commission? I was particularly appalled at the parents' allegation that Edwards told their son Pizza Hut is more important than the son's school oblications.
Caseys

Coffeyville, KS

#20 Aug 27, 2012
Sorry to see him go. He was the best thing that could happen to help Casey's Pizza sales. At least Casey's put toppings on their's and you got what you paid for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump off his meds again 4 hr 25th Section 4 8
Lannings downtown grill (Sep '17) 17 hr bob 13
Four County abusing employees? (May '10) Wed Nurse Ratchet 15
Farmers stabbed in back by Trump Wed Coffeyville Sucks 7
Trump's buddy facing 305 years in jail Wed Coffeyville Sucks 2
Four County Whistleblower? Wed Curious 1
Goldie's donuts making a comeback? (Dec '16) Apr 24 adam 5

Coffeyville Jobs

Personal Finance

Coffeyville Mortgages