Local toddler dies at mothers home!

Posted in the Coffeyville Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
unbelievable

Independence, KS

#1 Jan 20, 2011
This past Sunday a local 3 year old had an "accident" over at his mothers house. This had happened before but this time it was fatal. The toddlers father, who is no longer with the biological mother, is a reservist in the National Guard & was able to receive more than enough life insurance to pay for all of the cost to bury his son. He & his new wife decided that any moneys left over after the cost of burring his son, they will donate as they do not want to be spending money received because of the child's death on themselves. The mother of the child, who neglected to properly supervise this child, resulting in his death, was out raged to hear that they would be donating the money to some good cause or another & is now telling organizations, family & friends that the father will not help with the cost of the funeral/burial (when in fact he is paying for ALL of it out of the life insurance policy) & that she has no money so she needs donations to bury her son. She is trying to make profit off of this tragedy. She also used to serve in the National Guard but she was never deployed anywhere, but is telling anyone who will listen that she has been to Iraq 2 times, in hopes that she can get money and attention because of this. I feel that this is not only inhuman but also fraudulent & she should be punished. Also in the past she has had her children taken away by the state because of child abuse in the home & not even a year after the children were returned to her home one is now dead! This child is the second of hers that has died while under her care & I am concerned for the remaining children in the home. I know no one wants to believe that a mother is capable of harming her own children for her own financial & social gain, but it is happening & it needs to stop! If any of you know who I could contact to report this disgusting behavior please let me know, because I am unsure of who to contact. Thanks so much!
Sundance

Coffeyville, KS

#2 Jan 20, 2011
City hall. District attorneys office.
momma3

Wichita, KS

#3 Jan 20, 2011
that is so sad why is the srs there taking those kids before they end up hurt.. or worse dead...
unbelievable is right

Independence, KS

#4 Jan 21, 2011
unbelievable wrote:
This past Sunday a local 3 year old had an "accident" over at his mothers house. This had happened before but this time it was fatal. The toddlers father, who is no longer with the biological mother, is a reservist in the National Guard & was able to receive more than enough life insurance to pay for all of the cost to bury his son. He & his new wife decided that any moneys left over after the cost of burring his son, they will donate as they do not want to be spending money received because of the child's death on themselves. The mother of the child, who neglected to properly supervise this child, resulting in his death, was out raged to hear that they would be donating the money to some good cause or another & is now telling organizations, family & friends that the father will not help with the cost of the funeral/burial (when in fact he is paying for ALL of it out of the life insurance policy) & that she has no money so she needs donations to bury her son. She is trying to make profit off of this tragedy. She also used to serve in the National Guard but she was never deployed anywhere, but is telling anyone who will listen that she has been to Iraq 2 times, in hopes that she can get money and attention because of this. I feel that this is not only inhuman but also fraudulent & she should be punished. Also in the past she has had her children taken away by the state because of child abuse in the home & not even a year after the children were returned to her home one is now dead! This child is the second of hers that has died while under her care & I am concerned for the remaining children in the home. I know no one wants to believe that a mother is capable of harming her own children for her own financial & social gain, but it is happening & it needs to stop! If any of you know who I could contact to report this disgusting behavior please let me know, because I am unsure of who to contact. Thanks so much!
If you weren't inventing all this or were really concerned, you'd have called the police long ago.
concerned

Coffeyville, KS

#5 Jan 21, 2011
"If you weren't inventing all this or were really concerned, you'd have called the police long ago"

That would be why the kids were taken from the home. The police have been called. They were even called to this "accident." You may believe the world is good and pure and that the law does everything right. But there are some of us out there who have dealt with it who know better.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 Jan 21, 2011
OK, this did take place pretty much as decribed. The police are involved. This woman is just a sick, sick person.

I think you will see charges filed soon. If you want to get involved then call the State attorneys office. Better yet e-mail them the story you posted. I think you will find that they already know about this.
unbelievable

Independence, KS

#7 Jan 22, 2011
Thanks for the ideas everyone. E-mails have been sent. I am hoping they will do some good. We also got through to some of the organizations that she was trying to get money from, & at least 2 of them are no longer going to give her the money that was collected. It was a hard day today for all of us that loved that little boy, that was so full of life just 6 days ago. It was hard seeing him laying there in that little casket & to hear the pastor say "that if he were here now he would say Me love you" Cause that is how he said that he loved you. As for his "mother" I did not see not a tear in her eye. I just hope that Karma catches up to her QUICK! We love you. K.J.R. Rest in peace sweet baby boy.
anon

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2011
Has anything ever happened to this women?
someone

Coffeyville, KS

#9 Feb 26, 2011
NO
Anonymous

United States

#10 Feb 27, 2011
Who is this woman? If I may ask?
Stagger Lee

Pleasanton, KS

#11 Feb 27, 2011
I have had dealings with this unbelievable (The hate filled Grandmother of this child) She called cussing me and the town of Edna for helping the mother when it all started, because the ex-husband and child's father was not involved.
I will not mention the names, you can find out through research of deaths..

Now let me tell you once and only once. I have informed the child's father and the fathers mother that any more slander would be reported to the Kansas National Guard in Topeka.
The 3 year old child fell out of his crib getting caught between the dresser and crib breaking his neck. No neglect what so ever. Of course the Labette county sheriff investigated, at that very time, due to a death. It is routine.
This mother has had a very hard life and is very capable person ex-military and two tours in Iraq. One hell of a woman to go thought this to do what she needed to do to provide for her children. Where was that biological father all this time . She was the one that had physical custody.
This forum will stop and stop now, Or so help me anyone slandering this women will end up in a law suit. I will personally guarantee that.
Come Monday, I will be in contact with the Kansas National Guard, and have this sorry son of a b!tch brought up on charges.

The citizens of Edna donated this small amount of money to the funeral of this child, before the un-involved father stepped in and the hateful grandmother got involved. I have talked to her where she cussed the City of Edna out for being involved.. AS soon as I post this I will be talking to her again, and if she doesn't get on this site and come clean, then her ass and her son is mine. So go ahead and post your vile crap and I will damned well hunt you down and have your ass in court for slander.
Someone

Coffeyville, KS

#12 Feb 27, 2011
Maybe you should check your facts before you go running off at the mouth. Check her DD214 to see if she has ever gone to Iraq. I think you will find that the father is the Iraqi vet not the mother. Also check with the funeral home and the cemetery the only money paid to them has been from the father not the mother. The funeral home is being paid by the life insurance that was being carried by the father not the mother. Also the father and mother had joint physical custody of the child. He was at the father's house every other week. Also do some checking around because the story you gave about how the child died is not the story that was given to the Labette Co police officer that investigated the case. If you feel that you need to file a lawsuit, then please go ahead; but make sure you have all of your facts straight so that you don't come out looking like a fool.
The Father

Coffeyville, KS

#13 Feb 27, 2011
I am the father of the child that passed. I just want it to be known that at the time of the childs passing the mother and I had 50/50 custody. Also all of the childs funeral and burial costs that have been paid so far have been out of my pocket($1200 for the headstone and $200 for the burial plot and moving his sister next to him), the rest of the costs are being paid by my life insurance policy thru the national guard. Also, the mother has never served one tour in a foreign country, much less two. So, Stagger Lee if you want to believe the mother after hearing only her side of the story and slander me, go ahead and take me to court and report me to the Kansas National Guard. The 242nd Engineers and 891st Engineers know both the mother and I, let's see how that one plays out for you. Also, as far as taking me to court for slander... That will fall apart when none of her lies stand up in court. I am sorry that you have been misled and believe everything she tells you. But I refuse to be slandered and lied about. Ask to see just one of her DD-214's.
Stagger Lee

Pleasanton, KS

#14 Feb 27, 2011
You damned well know who this is you piece of crap. I talked to you on the phone and your goddamned mother called and cussed me out. I will be on the phone Monday and we will see who has the last goddamned say on this if you don't call me now is that understood???? You will not trash this woman again.
Bluemoonranch

Independence, KS

#15 Feb 27, 2011
Stagger Lee... I do not know you, your handle, your job, or anything about you however I do know quite a few people from the Independence American Leigon, The Coffeyville, Caney, and Bartlesville branches as well. I have personally contacted the V.F.W. to satisfy my own curiosity. I have never had any dealings with this woman but can assure you of a few indesputible facts...#1 The Kansas National guard via the father are covering all costs for the funeral.#2 The American Leigon, and The V.F.W. have notifications in reference to a "scam" reported to them by the commanding officer of the father about the mother trying to raise money, lying about the father and the financial situation.

I am a Veteran who has served this country and am a member of multiple service organizations providing assistance to our veterans. I am shocked by this action of a former military member. I will til death stand and speak the truth and fight to prevent blatant abuse and personal gain from the benefits offered to help our veterans. You post threats and false information hiding behind a screen name and threaten law suits. My name is provided below, I do not hide. I post the truth and anyone who doubts it can feel free to contact any of the service organizations and ask for the facts. This forum should stop, no it should never have existed! This situation and the attempted benefit from it should never have happened...

Thomas Darbro - USN Veteran
The Father

Coffeyville, KS

#16 Feb 27, 2011
You have my phone number, call me if you want to talk in a civilized manner. Otherwise do what you believe is necessary and I'll see you in court when the time comes.
Someone

Coffeyville, KS

#17 Feb 27, 2011
So what proof do you have for the things you are saying Stagger Lee? Have you seen her DD214s? How about the death certificate? Or the copy of the custody papers for the child?
Stagger Lee

Pleasanton, KS

#18 Feb 27, 2011
Someone wrote:
Maybe you should check your facts before you go running off at the mouth. Check her DD214 to see if she has ever gone to Iraq. I think you will find that the father is the Iraqi vet not the mother. Also check with the funeral home and the cemetery the only money paid to them has been from the father not the mother. The funeral home is being paid by the life insurance that was being carried by the father not the mother. Also the father and mother had joint physical custody of the child. He was at the father's house every other week. Also do some checking around because the story you gave about how the child died is not the story that was given to the Labette Co police officer that investigated the case. If you feel that you need to file a lawsuit, then please go ahead; but make sure you have all of your facts straight so that you don't come out looking like a fool.

One other thing you piece of shit. ask your GODDAMNED MOTHER IF SHE WAS RECORDED AFTER SHE STARTED THE CRAP WITH ME ON THE PHONE.

I already talked to Topeka and Coffeyville Nation Guard once, and to hang your sorry ass for your hateful slamming of an ex-wife will damned well and any chance you ever had in the National Guard. You can believe this whole thread will be mailed to Topeka. Too late don't even bother to call I was sick of you last month and when I found this thread, posted by that B!TCH of a mother done it for me. You also know where I live it you want to take it up face to face.
Stagger Lee

Pleasanton, KS

#19 Feb 27, 2011
concerned wrote:
"If you weren't inventing all this or were really concerned, you'd have called the police long ago"
That would be why the kids were taken from the home. The police have been called. They were even called to this "accident." You may believe the world is good and pure and that the law does everything right. But there are some of us out there who have dealt with it who know better.
You better learn the damned facts and the City of Edna is behind this woman.
The Father

Coffeyville, KS

#20 Feb 27, 2011
Just so you know, my mother has never posted on this thread. And I am glad you feel justified by what you have done. No I have no idea where you live, and I don't care either. I am not the kind of person to try and solve things in a physical manner. Nothing is ever solved in that manner. I have never slandered the mother, the truth is not slander. And as far as my career in the Kansas Army National Guard, this little incident will not affect that, because none of what you and she have said holds any bearing to the truthful facts.

Spc. Johnathan Reid
242nd Engineer Co.
Veteran of OIF III

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
taylor truck 5 hr say what 2
Coffeyville Man Busted For Pot (Aug '11) 5 hr Just sayin 40
Get Sean Hannity Off KGGF! 5 hr WTF 16
don edwards 6 hr GTT 2
Does Jesus Keep People Down? Tue DUHSherlock 4
history gone Aug 22 mad 6
How many sickos are there in coffeyville (Oct '15) Aug 18 former friend 2

Coffeyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance