Kansas Voter ID Law
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dirty Politics

Coffeyville, KS

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Was this a scheme by Brownback and his Jesus cult to stop black, hispanic and poor people and from voting in Kansas? This is messed up.

http://www.kansas.com/2012/07/24/2418365/vote...
xxxx

Coffeyville, KS

#2 Sep 13, 2012
Only if they are illegals.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#3 Sep 13, 2012
Dirty Politics wrote:
Was this a scheme by Brownback and his Jesus cult to stop black, hispanic and poor people and from voting in Kansas? This is messed up.
http://www.kansas.com/2012/07/24/2418365/vote...
How is it stopping anyone but illegals from voting? Why is it messed up to make someone have a photo id to vote for the president when you have to have one in order to even be in an event where he is speaking, everyone had to have one to get in the DNC, you have to have one to get in OUR WHite House, and yet you think you shouldn't have to have one to vote for the president? How does that make sense? Our elections have to be as safe and fair as possible so that people can trust in the process. How is it safe or fair if anyone can vote in them even if you are not an American? One illegal vote is one too many in our elections for the president of the United States of America.
wally515

Parsons, KS

#4 Sep 13, 2012
Dirty Politics wrote:
Was this a scheme by Brownback and his Jesus cult to stop black, hispanic and poor people and from voting in Kansas? This is messed up.
http://www.kansas.com/2012/07/24/2418365/vote...
we have between 8% and as much as 35% who are elegible to vote actually partake in our democratic process. those who you boo hoo over probably do not participate and or are ineligiable to do so even if they wanted to. you have to have ID for EVERY aspect of life whether its establishing utilities or buying groceries to banking. what EXACTLY IS your problem with proving your an U.S. Citizen and REGISTERED to vote?
Dirty Politics

Coffeyville, KS

#5 Sep 13, 2012
xxxx wrote:
Only if they are illegals.
You didn't even read the article

it says:

"The new law will disproportionately affect – and disenfranchise – eligible minority and poor voters in Wichita"

it says:

"25 percent of African-Americans, 16 percent of Hispanics and 15 percent of those who are low-income lack a government-issued ID"

it says:

"A “free” ID comes at the cost of transportation, child care or lost wages, that ID is not free."

This is a dirty trick by Koch-owned Brownback and his Jesus cult to stop poor Americans from voting.
xxxxx

Coffeyville, KS

#6 Sep 13, 2012
I looked this up and your right.

"Kansas ID law could see a diminished turnout of 2.4 percent for the 2012 presidential election and a net shift of votes 1.2 percent toward the Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, compared with numbers from 2008."

Kansas Republicans came up with a dirty scheme to cheat and get an additional 1.2% for their party.

The people in Texas saw through a similar scheme in their. A three-judge federal panel ruled two weeks ago that the Texas voter ID statute discriminated against prospective voters who are elderly and low-income.
xxxx

Coffeyville, KS

#7 Sep 13, 2012
I do not know who you are Mr. xxxxx, if you are trying to imitate me it is a poor imitation. The only ones it discriminates against is those to lazy to get ID or because they are illegal. Anyone living legalily in this country and above the law has ID if they want it. You LIBERALS are so paranoid its pathetic.
acehigh

Coffeyville, KS

#8 Sep 13, 2012
Dont you have to have an ID to get food stamps and or walfare checks?
Sorry

Mount Hope, KS

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Dirty Politics wrote:
Was this a scheme by Brownback and his Jesus cult to stop black, hispanic and poor people and from voting in Kansas? This is messed up.
http://www.kansas.com/2012/07/24/2418365/vote...
Once you decided to use your post to bash Christians, you lost all credibility.
Kris Dummkopf

Coffeyville, KS

#10 Sep 13, 2012
"It is not the votes that count, but who counts the votes." -Josef Stalin
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#11 Sep 14, 2012
The lawsuit over photo id was centered around an elderly black woman that said she was being disinfranchised by the law. PA has actually had over 8000 voters that have received FREE photo id's from the state. Including the elderly black woman the lawsuit was centered around and she received it with NO PROBLEM. THe whole bs about it keeping the minorities, poor, or any voters from voting is just that...bs! THis is just a scam by the democratic party and PA has proven that!
My mother is on SS and that is her ONLY source of income. She was born at home not a hospital and she hasn't driven since I was a child. My aunt was taking my mother on a bus tour of New England and she was going to need a passport due to their trip because they would be going into Canada on that trip as well. My mother didn't have a copy of bc and yet she was able to get all info she needed and get a state issued photo id and was able to afford all of the stuff she needed on her SS income. And she is able to renew it every six years just like you have to a driver's license. So how the hell can minorities not be able to afford it when states are giving them for free with this law in most states? It's all just BS!!!!
gop scam

Coffeyville, KS

#12 Sep 14, 2012
the crooked gop did the same thing in pennsylvania. they admitted it on tape:

Turzai: Voter ID Will Allow Romney to Win Pa.
http://youtu.be/EuOT1bRYdK8
GOP Scumbags

Coffeyville, KS

#13 Sep 30, 2012
The Republican Party of Florida’s top recipient of 2012 expenditures, a firm by the name of Strategic Allied Consulting, was just fired on Tuesday night, after more than 100 apparently fraudulent voter registration forms were discovered to have been turned in by the group to the Palm Beach County, FL Supervisor of Elections.

The firm appears to be another shell company of Nathan Sproul, a longtime, notorious Republican operative, hired year after year by GOP Presidential campaigns, despite being accused of shredding Democratic voter registration forms in a number of states over several past elections.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Strategic Allied Consulting has been paid some $667,000 this year by the Florida GOP, presumably to run its voter registration campaigns in the state. That number, however, does not account for another identical payment made in August. The Palm Beach Post is reporting tonight that the firm received “more than $1.3 million” from the Republican Party of Florida “to register new voters.”
Beaner

Coffeyville, KS

#14 Oct 1, 2012
GOP Scumbags wrote:
The Republican Party of Florida’s top recipient of 2012 expenditures, a firm by the name of Strategic Allied Consulting, was just fired on Tuesday night, after more than 100 apparently fraudulent voter registration forms were discovered to have been turned in by the group to the Palm Beach County, FL Supervisor of Elections.
The firm appears to be another shell company of Nathan Sproul, a longtime, notorious Republican operative, hired year after year by GOP Presidential campaigns, despite being accused of shredding Democratic voter registration forms in a number of states over several past elections.
According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Strategic Allied Consulting has been paid some $667,000 this year by the Florida GOP, presumably to run its voter registration campaigns in the state. That number, however, does not account for another identical payment made in August. The Palm Beach Post is reporting tonight that the firm received “more than $1.3 million” from the Republican Party of Florida “to register new voters.”
Ah, that is so very comforting. The same state and GOP bunch that stopped counting American votes so dubya could be president. Now we have Republicans voting each other out here in kansas and doing everything we can to stop everyone from voting. let's see, which Americans shall we turn on next. God Bless America!! We sure are doing well.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#15 Oct 1, 2012
Beaner wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, that is so very comforting. The same state and GOP bunch that stopped counting American votes so dubya could be president. Now we have Republicans voting each other out here in kansas and doing everything we can to stop everyone from voting. let's see, which Americans shall we turn on next. God Bless America!! We sure are doing well.
So do you have the same problem with the fact that so many states actually broke the law by not getting the military early voting registration out in time? How about the fact that the military vote is down by 92% due to not getting registrations? Any problem with the military vote being disinfranchised or do you just have a problem with those that tend to lean Democratic? You either have a problem with ANYONE being disinfranchised or you are just being bias wanting those that would tend to vote like yourself to have access without any hassles or to get to vote at all.
Beaner

Coffeyville, KS

#16 Oct 1, 2012
My views on this matter are well known but I will repeat for you. Every American's vote must be counted. No law must be allowed to infringe on this.
Everyone who is eligible to vote must be allowed to do so and no law should infringe on this.
I care not who you vote for just so you do. No law should be allowed to infringe on this.
In the specific case you stated,(early voting for the military), either all of us can or none of us can. We are all Americans with the same rights and priviledges or we are not.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#17 Oct 2, 2012
Beaner wrote:
My views on this matter are well known but I will repeat for you. Every American's vote must be counted. No law must be allowed to infringe on this.
Everyone who is eligible to vote must be allowed to do so and no law should infringe on this.
I care not who you vote for just so you do. No law should be allowed to infringe on this.
In the specific case you stated,(early voting for the military), either all of us can or none of us can. We are all Americans with the same rights and priviledges or we are not.
It's not even a matter of "early voting", it's a matter of getting to vote at all.....infringing on their right to vote, in other words.

The military that are stationed overseas are suppose to receive registration and ballets and they must be sent early because they are overseas and it takes time to get to them and back. Several states have not complied with the deadline for sending out the stuff to the military as required by law and many of the offices due to open for them to vote have not been opened. The fact is the military is being disinfranchised and stopped from voting and where the libs are all up in arms over requiring photo id because they say it disinfranchises the poor and elderly and those that usually vote Democrat....they are not at all bothered that the military that fights to keep us free and keep your right to vote are themselves being disinfranchised and kept from voting but then they are mostly Republican votes so that must be ok. I didn't say anything about voting early I am talking the ability to vote at all.
Beaner

Coffeyville, KS

#18 Oct 2, 2012
Beaner wrote:
My views on this matter are well known but I will repeat for you. Every American's vote must be counted. No law must be allowed to infringe on this.
Everyone who is eligible to vote must be allowed to do so and no law should infringe on this.
I care not who you vote for just so you do. No law should be allowed to infringe on this.
In the specific case you stated,(early voting for the military), either all of us can or none of us can. We are all Americans with the same rights and priviledges or we are not.
Everyone includes military. Every American's vote must be counted. No law must be allowed to infringe on this. Every eligible voter must be allowed to do so. No law must be allowed to infringe on this.
If what you say is true then I would think that the DOJ or the national election commission would insure that enough time is given for thier votes to be received and counted. No one and I do mean no one should not have the chance to vote if eligible. I will be just as P.O.ed as you if the military is not allowed to vote. That is a line in the sand that none may pass. Could you please name the states? I was unaware of what you state. I was aware only of the argument concerning the extra voting time for the military but not everyone. What you are saying is news to me and very disturbing if true.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#19 Oct 2, 2012
The Obama administration appears to be violating the civil rights of nearly 200,000 U.S. soldiers around the world by deliberately disenfranchising them.
News of the Obama administration’s apparent crackdown on military voting comes days after the Obama campaign succeeded in convincing a liberal federal judge to strike down parts of an Ohio election reform law. Analysts say the ruling gives Obama an electoral advantage in the crucial battleground state.
Perhaps the administration’s lack of enthusiasm for safeguarding soldiers’ votes has something to do with the fact that Republican John McCain garnered 54 percent of the military vote in 2008. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that GOPer Mitt Romney scored the support of 58 percent of the military compared to the anemic 34 percent support that President Obama received according to a Gallup poll this past May.
Although the federal government moves with lightning speed to attack desperately needed state voter identification laws, it seems barely aware of its obligations under the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) Act, which President Obama signed into law in 2009.
The law was created to help deployed soldiers, many of whom are constantly on the move, to exercise the right to vote that they fight to protect. The law requires the Pentagon to create an “installation voting assistance office,” or IVAO, for every military base close to a combat zone.
IVAOs are supposed to help military personnel navigate the labyrinth of often confusing voting rules of the nation’s 55 states and territories. But IVAOs can’t help anybody vote if they don’t exist.
A recent report by the Department of Defense’s inspector general found that in half of the 229 overseas military installations the DoD hadn’t even bothered to set up the IVAO facilities that the law mandates.
“Results were clear. Our attempts to contact IVAOs failed about 50% of the time,” according to the Pentagon watchdog’s report.“We concluded the Services had not established all the IVAOs as intended by the MOVE Act because, among other issues, the funding was not available.”
Pam Mitchell, acting director of the DoD’s Federal Voting Assistance Program, brushed off the report.“I strongly believe that voting-assistance is the best that it has ever been,” she said, presumably with a straight face.
Setting up IVAOs as required by the law costs a piddling $15 million to $20 million per year — yet it’s not happening.
As Investor’s Business Daily reports, the Obama administration “appears unconcerned that a study by the nonpartisan Military Voters Protection Project found that in 2008 less than 20% of 2.5 million military voters successfully voted by absentee ballot.”
“In 2010, that participation shrank to a scandalous 5%,” the editorial added.
Under the MOVE Act, the Defense Department has granted waivers to states that claim to be unable to mail absentee ballots to soldiers the required 45 days before Election Day. That period is mandated to make sure there is sufficient time for ballots to be sent to and then returned by soldiers.
In 2010 all the jurisdictions that received waivers under the MOVE Act were won by President Obama in the 2008 election. Those states and the corresponding popular vote for the Obama-Biden ticket were Delaware (62 percent), Massachusetts (62 percent), New York (63 percent), Rhode Island (63 percent), and Washington (57 percent).
The Obama administration has every reason to believe it can get away scot-free with disenfranchising America’s fighting men and women.

Six U.S. senators — John Cornyn (R-TX), Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), John Barrasso (R-WY), Richard Burr (R-NC), Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), and James Inhofe (R-OK)— have asked the Pentagon to make a serious good faith effort to protect the votes of military personnel.
Beaner

Coffeyville, KS

#20 Oct 2, 2012
Fact Check:As posted in the Veterans of Foreign Wars. 5 states Alabama, California, Illinois,New York, And Wisconsin, do a poor job of getting ballots overseas in time. The man who wrote this article says the blame should go to the department of justice for not being more stringent in going for enforcement by the states. However I think that whoever is in charge in those states for getting the ballots out should be terminated(fired) regardless of democrat or republican. Who are the governors of those states? They should be fired if those responsible are not fired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
219 Days Until Sorry Obama Gone 3 hr My view 48
City Staff Vacating City Hall. Notice posted o... 5 hr Answer 13
Schmitt VS Peck 8 hr guess who 18
The No Schmidt facebook page 9 hr guess who 1
Greedy, Greedy St. John 9 hr Citizen 32
How did this city employee get hired 11 hr Drama 30
Labette Health vs. Mickey's New Office 11 hr Citizen 1

Coffeyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coffeyville Mortgages