Is Fox News GOP Propaganda? (Please V...

Is Fox News GOP Propaganda? (Please Vote)

Created by Tron Kid on Aug 25, 2010

282 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

I don't know

“Better listen the first time”

Since: Aug 09

jest an ol' hillbilly

#22 Aug 28, 2010
mr memory wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard of CREEP, the dirty tricksters, the enemies list, the plumbers, the Saturday night massacre, Erlichman, Haldeman, Liddy, Mitchell or a little thing called Watergate, a little thing that led the bipartisan House Judiciary Committee to adopt three articles of impeachment?
And just what does that have to do with the discussion? I never said Nixon was a Boy Scout..

Have you ever heard of what Nixon did in the area of Civil Rights, welfare reform? The Nixon administration was responsible for affirmative action by providing training and employment openings for minorities on federally funded construction projects. The government, especially Labor Department and HEW officials, began using racial classifications and numerical goals in implementing their desegregation programs—the first example of "affirmative action."
Early in the Nixon presidency, Attorney General John Mitchell, meeting with a group of civil rights leaders, suggested that they "watch what we do, not what we say" in judging the performance of the administration. By that standard, the Nixon presidency must be adjudged innovative and responsive in practice, although it seemed conservative and uncaring in its rhetoric.

The Food Stamp Act of 1964 was greatly expanded to provide billions of dollars of purchasing power to the nation's needy, through the efforts of Senator Robert Dole.
Congress also passed a Nixon initiative to provide the states and cities with $30 billion in federal revenues over a five-year period. Responding to the demands of environmentalists, Nixon proposed legislation that led to the creation of the Council on Environmental Quality (1969), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1970), and the Environmental Protection Agency (1970). New laws provided tougher standards for water and air quality.

There is a lot to critisize the man for, but we should also remember the good and yes I can find more..I was just making a point.. If we are going to remember and quote our history, let's remember and it all..
Rooster Cogburn

Tonkawa, OK

#23 Aug 28, 2010
Hi Lee, I'm not going to regurgitate history from the War of 1812 to the Gulf of Tonkin, "Remember the Maine!", they don't give me enough characters to do that.
Of course other chief executives have attempted to quell their critics, but I doubt you find any in modern times who mixed paranoia and the Oval Office quite as successfully as Nixon. He ranks right up there with Andrew Jackson, who was another chief executive that didn't suffer critics lightly.(Speaking of paranoia, J. Edgar had an affinity for Nixon. I wonder if Nixon thought he looked good in a dress? I wonder if Clinton would have thought so?)
It's interesting that it was less than a week after Nixon had a taped conversation with Henry K. where Nixon is clearly heard stating that all the "damn hippies" should be "stood up against a wall and shot," that four students were shot at Kent State. No, I'm not saying he ordered, suggested or overtly supported what happened there. What I'm saying is, in a time like existed then, a president can either help to cool the embers of a smoldering fire, or he can pour gasoline on them. Nixon had a gas can. Further, he showed his contempt for any law (including the Constitution he swore to "preserve, protect and defend") that he felt got in his way.
When you think about it, that time was something like we have today.(If you ever have time, check out the Kerner Commission report issued after the 1967 riots. Does anything ever REALLY change?) We have a deep divide between "haves" and "have nots", when 9 percent of the population of the United States holds more than 80 percent of the total wealth. We have politicians galvanized on one extreme or the other, and a society that is fast headed in the same direction. We have an economy that has fallen into disrepair (remember Phase 1, Phase 2, etc., as Nixon and then Ford attempted to manipulate the economy with wage and price controls as interest rates, oil and commodity prices headed ever skyward), and a Congress (both under Bush with a Republican majority, and now under Obama with a Democrat majority) that was drunk on deficit spending. One thing that didn't happen in Johnson/Nixon's time was fighting wars on the credit card. We largely paid for Vietnam as we went. Bush initiated both Afghanistan and Iraq on the USA Mastercard, and we are still operating that way. I'm not arguing the right or wrong of either of those operations here, I'm saying we should be paying for them as we go.
At some point, and on some level, we are going to have to begin realizing that we're all rowing in the same boat. If you want to row on the port side, so be it. If somebody else wants to row on starboard, that's good. Thing is, we all need to be rowing in the same direction, or we're just going to sit and spin, which is where we seem to be right now. Frankly, I'm getting dizzy.

jest an ol' hillbilly

#24 Aug 28, 2010
Rooster Cogburn wrote:
Hi Lee, I'm not going to regurgitate history from the War of 1812 to the Gulf of Tonkin, "Remember the Maine!", they don't give me enough characters to do that.
Of course other chief executives have attempted to quell their critics, but I doubt you find any in modern times who mixed paranoia and the Oval Office quite as successfully as Nixon. He ranks right up there with Andrew Jackson, who was another chief executive that didn't suffer critics lightly.(Speaking of paranoia, J. Edgar had an affinity for Nixon. I wonder if Nixon thought he looked good in a dress? I wonder if Clinton would have thought so?)
It's interesting that it was less than a week after Nixon had a taped conversation with Henry K. where Nixon is clearly heard stating that all the "damn hippies" should be "stood up against a wall and shot," that four students were shot at Kent State. No, I'm not saying he ordered, suggested or overtly supported what happened there. What I'm saying is, in a time like existed then, a president can either help to cool the embers of a smoldering fire, or he can pour gasoline on them. Nixon had a gas can. Further, he showed his contempt for any law (including the Constitution he swore to "preserve, protect and defend") that he felt got in his way.
When you think about it, that time was something like we have today.(If you ever have time, check out the Kerner Commission report issued after the 1967 riots. Does anything ever REALLY change?) We have a deep divide between "haves" and "have nots", when 9 percent of the population of the United States holds more than 80 percent of the total wealth. We have politicians galvanized on one extreme or the other, and a society that is fast headed in the same direction. We have an economy that has fallen into disrepair (remember Phase 1, Phase 2, etc., as Nixon and then Ford attempted to manipulate the economy with wage and price controls as interest rates, oil and commodity prices headed ever skyward), and a Congress (both under Bush with a Republican majority, and now under Obama with a Democrat majority) that was drunk on deficit spending. One thing that didn't happen in Johnson/Nixon's time was fighting wars on the credit card. We largely paid for Vietnam as we went. Bush initiated both Afghanistan and Iraq on the USA Mastercard, and we are still operating that way. I'm not arguing the right or wrong of either of those operations here, I'm saying we should be paying for them as we go.
At some point, and on some level, we are going to have to begin realizing that we're all rowing in the same boat. If you want to row on the port side, so be it. If somebody else wants to row on starboard, that's good. Thing is, we all need to be rowing in the same direction, or we're just going to sit and spin, which is where we seem to be right now. Frankly, I'm getting dizzy.
Good post..Well said..I'm not sure that we are disagreeing here..Just that we may be looking at the same picture from different angles.. I agree with pay as we go.. But, the war(s) are another debate.
abcd

Owasso, OK

#25 Aug 29, 2010
get your real news at infowars.com and prisonplanet.com
close ccc

Stratford, OK

#26 Aug 29, 2010
the only truthful show is the daily show on comedy central they are not beholden to anyone.
mr memory

Independence, KS

#27 Aug 29, 2010
Hi lee ejicated Redneck wrote:
<quoted text> And just what does that have to do with the discussion? I never said Nixon was a Boy Scout..
Have you ever heard of what Nixon did in the area of Civil Rights, welfare reform? The Nixon administration was responsible for affirmative action by providing training and employment openings for minorities on federally funded construction projects. The government, especially Labor Department and HEW officials, began using racial classifications and numerical goals in implementing their desegregation programs—the first example of "affirmative action."
Early in the Nixon presidency, Attorney General John Mitchell, meeting with a group of civil rights leaders, suggested that they "watch what we do, not what we say" in judging the performance of the administration. By that standard, the Nixon presidency must be adjudged innovative and responsive in practice, although it seemed conservative and uncaring in its rhetoric.
The Food Stamp Act of 1964 was greatly expanded to provide billions of dollars of purchasing power to the nation's needy, through the efforts of Senator Robert Dole.
Congress also passed a Nixon initiative to provide the states and cities with $30 billion in federal revenues over a five-year period. Responding to the demands of environmentalists, Nixon proposed legislation that led to the creation of the Council on Environmental Quality (1969), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1970), and the Environmental Protection Agency (1970). New laws provided tougher standards for water and air quality.
There is a lot to critisize the man for, but we should also remember the good and yes I can find more..I was just making a point.. If we are going to remember and quote our history, let's remember and it all..
I wish you well, but I'll never bother to reply to anything else you post. You've shown you're truly a lunatic, and there's no point in trying to reason with a lunatic.

jest an ol' hillbilly

#28 Aug 29, 2010
mr memory wrote:
<quoted text>I wish you well, but I'll never bother to reply to anything else you post. You've shown you're truly a lunatic, and there's no point in trying to reason with a lunatic.
Think what you will..You did not respond to the first question in my reply..Were you expecting me to argue with you? How can I debate a truth?

I made an assumption that you were replying to my point in post #20; "I would bet that I could find more positive things about the Nixon Administration than many people will be able to find negative". I guess I was wrong.. You only wished to make a statement..

I would ask where was the lunacy? I posted no untruths. You posted negatives as if that is all Nixon did.. Like I said.."There is a lot to critisize the man for, but we should also remember the good and yes I can find more..I was just making a point.. If we are going to remember and quote our history, let's remember it all.."

As far as you replying to anything that I post... I could care less. But I would submit that when one fails in their search for a counter point they can always resort to name calling..

Sean Insanity

Topeka, KS

#29 Aug 29, 2010
Singed wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'll go back to the source that you received your information from, you'll find out that they also donated a million bucks to the Democrats.
Why dont you post a link to that singed....oh i bet you cant because you pulled that out of your ass
Sean Insanity

Topeka, KS

#30 Aug 29, 2010
They are the only "news" organization reporting on the money trail for the ground zero mosque....claiming it has roots in terrorism....playing on the fears every white person has in this country for people a little darker than they are....when in all actuality the guy funding the mosque is a direct business partner with Rubert Murdoch....the same Rubert Murdoch who owns NewsCorp...the same NewsCorp that is the parent company of you guessed it...Fox News....so I guess the only way to really stop terrorism is to quit watching Fox News...not from my mouth but straight from theirs...boo!!!!...there now I've scared you now you never have to watch Fox News
spookhunter

Coffeyville, KS

#31 Jun 11, 2012
abcd wrote:
get your real news at infowars.com and prisonplanet.com
haha, not! wouldn't be caught dead on those nutcase sites.
heydeedoo

Coffeyville, KS

#32 Jun 12, 2012
All the Foxbots love the idea of America, it's just all the people who live here they can't stand.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33 Jun 12, 2012
Of course it is. Just as MSNBC is left wing propaganda. But the point you are missing is that both propaganda wings stem from the same origin. You are being manipulated each time you turn on the t.v. They want to keep you divided on left vs right, gay vs straight, religious vs secular etc etc. Then they want to keep you dumbed down with sports so you do not pay attention when they rape you. They have a simple method of keeping us enslaved. Keep us Dumb, Distracted, Divided and Afraid.
uh oh

Coffeyville, KS

#34 Nov 8, 2012
Fox News Is Killing The Republican Party

Fox News is often described as little more than a mouthpiece for the Republican Party. Nothing could be further from the truth. If anything, the reverse is the case, with the Republican Party serving as unwitting puppets of the self-serving right-wing controversy machine. Fox News and the talk radio shock-jocks across the country win whether or not conservatives are in power; these purveyors of political entertainment thrive under a Democratic president, perhaps even more so than under their preferred candidates. There's big money in controversy, and controversy is what the Glenn Becks of the world do best.

At some point, Republicans will need to wake up to the current state of affairs and realize they're being held hostage to a powerful, self-sustaining entertainment industry and that the interests of the party and the interests of Fox News are not one and the same.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#35 Nov 8, 2012
uh oh wrote:
Fox News Is Killing The Republican Party
Fox News is often described as little more than a mouthpiece for the Republican Party. Nothing could be further from the truth. If anything, the reverse is the case, with the Republican Party serving as unwitting puppets of the self-serving right-wing controversy machine. Fox News and the talk radio shock-jocks across the country win whether or not conservatives are in power; these purveyors of political entertainment thrive under a Democratic president, perhaps even more so than under their preferred candidates. There's big money in controversy, and controversy is what the Glenn Becks of the world do best.
At some point, Republicans will need to wake up to the current state of affairs and realize they're being held hostage to a powerful, self-sustaining entertainment industry and that the interests of the party and the interests of Fox News are not one and the same.
I don't see why it would matter if Fox is just Republican propaganda or not. It is very apparent that NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and every other news source is all about Democrat propaganda and covering for any Dem screw ups, especially those of the president.

SO what is wrong with the Republican's and Independents having a source for their news? It's kind of nice having the ability to hear the stuff the others try to hide from you. That way we can way it out ourselves and have more info in which to make decisions on stuff. Now the problem is with anyone that only uses any of these commentaters as actual fact and actual news sources. You have to read and research on your own no matter what channel you may watch. What you will find is that all of them have an agenda...we don't have just an actual news source with no partisan agenda anymore, and we haven't for a very long time, if ever! You can't put all your faith in any of them, you can only trust your self and your own research. If you leave all your information in the hands of any of the MSM or FOX news then you deserve to be as clueless and stupid as you have chosen to be.

If you are going to place all your faith in any of the "news sources" you might as well just get your info from the comedy channel or the Onion news, or maybe SNL. It is all the same, partisan comedy based very loosely on actual facts that are twisted for their needs and agenda.
THE HAMMER

United States

#36 Nov 9, 2012
I want to know who thinks that this is propaganda and what point does the truth become propaganda . Check and see if you see this list on obama controlled media...

So how Many Businesses Have Announced Closings or Layoffs Since Obama Won A Second Term?

Caterpillar Inc. will close its plant in Owatonna Minn.
Mount Pleasant’s Albrecht Sentry Foods
The Target store at Manassas Mall Va.
Millennium Academy in Wake Forest NC
Target Closing Kissimmee FL Location
The Andover Gift Shop in Andover MA
Grand Union Family Markets Closing Storrs Location CT
Movie Scene Milford Location NH
Update: TE Connectivity Closing Greensboro Plant – 620 Layoffs Expected
Gomer’s Fried Chicken in South Kansas City
Kmart in Homer Glen
Fresh Market on Pine Street in Burlington
AGC Glass North America to permanently close its Blue Ridge Plant in Kingsport Tenn.
The Target store at Platte and Academy in Colorado Springs
The Roses store on Reynold Road in Winston-Salem NC
Meanders Kitchen losing its West Seattle location at 6032 California Ave
Bost Harley-Davidson at 46th Avenue North and Delaware Ave. in West Nashville TN
Townsend Booksellers in Oakland
The Kmart store in Parkway Plaza off University Drive in Durham NC – 79 Jobs Lost

The full list is here at ;

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-many-busi ...

“A Doctor Goes Where Needed”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#37 Nov 9, 2012
THE HAMMER wrote:
I want to know who thinks that this is propaganda and what point does the truth become propaganda . Check and see if you see this list on obama controlled media...
So how Many Businesses Have Announced Closings or Layoffs Since Obama Won A Second Term?
Kmart in Homer Glen
AGC Glass North America to permanently close its Blue Ridge Plant in Kingsport Tenn.
Bost Harley-Davidson at 46th Avenue North and Delaware Ave. in West Nashville TN
The Kmart store in Parkway Plaza off University Drive in Durham NC – 79 Jobs Lost
Really? The first (and only) one I looked up...

Gomer's Chicken

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/07/3905676/...

They lost their lease. Nothing to do with Obama's reelection, Dufus.

“A Doctor Goes Where Needed”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#38 Nov 9, 2012
THE HAMMER wrote:
Kmart in Homer Glen

Oh - and if you'll notice - the article was posted at 5:22 pm on November 7 - before any election results were in. I just got me this feeling that had Romney been elected - the closing wouldn't have been attributed to him, Dufus.
24 Hawks

Delaware, OK

#39 Nov 9, 2012
there was only one channel that said romney was going to win faux news was wrong like always
XXXX

Coffeyville, KS

#40 Nov 9, 2012
You want to hear propaganda and racist talk, listen to Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Farrakan. All Obama's favorites.
THE HAMMER

United States

#41 Nov 9, 2012
How Many Businesses Have Announced Closings or Layoffs Since Obama Won A Second Term?

Posted on November 8, 2012 at 9:29pm
This news story was posted 11/8 2012

They lost their lease. Nothing to do with Obama's reelection, Dufus.

Tell us what you know that lease Robert ?

were jobs lost yes or no ? Is this propaganda or the truth that is the question

Energizer -

The St. Louis-based company said Thursday that it expects to shed about 1,500 employees. When finished, the restructuring should lead to $200 million in pretax yearly savings, Energizer said. It aims to have most of its restructuring steps finished by the end of September 2014.

Exide Technologies -

Exide Technologies announced Thursday that it will be idling its lead-recycling operations in Laureldale and laying off 150 workers, effective no later than March 31.

Westinghouse -

Westinghouse Anniston, the contractor responsible for shutting down Anniston’s chemical weapons incinerator, has reduced its workforce by another 50 employees.

Research in Motion Limited -

Research in Motion Ltd., the maker of BlackBerry smartphones, laid off about 200 people at its U.S. headquarters in Irving on Wednesday, according to a source close to the company who did not want to be named.

Boeing (30% of their management staff)-

Boeing Co. said Wednesday it plans to employ 30% fewer executives at its Boeing Defense, Space & Security unit by the end of 2012 compared to 2010 levels.

US Cellular -

The move will result in 980 job cuts at U.S. Cellular, with 640 in the Chicago area, according to a spokeswoman. The cuts are slightly under 12 percent of the approximately 8,400 total employees U.S. Cellular had at the end of the third quart

Husqvarna -

Husqvarna AB (HUSQB), the world’s biggest maker of powered garden tools, plans to cut about 600 jobs in a move that will save 220 million kronor ($33 million) a year by 2014.

Bristol-Meyers -

Bristol-Myers Squibb is following up its lackluster third-quarter results with almost 480 layoffs. As Pharmalot reports, the company notified the New Jersey government that it would scale back in Plainsboro, which means the cuts will hit its sales operations.

Darden Restaurants -

The company, which was among those who had received an Obamacare waiver in the past, is looking to limit workers to 28 hours per week. A full time employee that is required to have health insurance (lest the employer pay a fine) works 30 hours per week, as defined by the Obamacare law.

West Ridge Mine -

In its statement, UtahAmerican Energy blames the Obama administration for instituting policies that will close down “204 American coal-fired power plants by 2014&#8243; and for drastically reducing the market for coal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cable None 25 min this aint tulsa 3
Tyson plant in Kansas not likely 1 hr ghost town coming 10
Systemic Problems at ICC 1 hr ghost town coming 16
Is it time for Louis to get another petition go... 4 hr DO THE MATH 16
$500 reward cash ! 7 hr cheezedog 2
Tyson food 18 hr raper johnson 17
Last Post Wins (Mar '12) Mon Princess Hey 629

Coffeyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance