Yes

No

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
poll

Coffeyville, KS

#1 Feb 20, 2013
Entrepreneurs looking to profit from Colorado's legalization of recreational pot use are praising proposed rules that could encourage marijuana tourism.

The task force drawing up regulations to govern the marijuana law recommended late Tuesday that state legislators shouldn't require those purchasing pot to be residents. Reflecting some concerns however, the task force recommended that tourists should be able to purchase only small amounts of marijuana and suggested potentially putting up notices at stores and airports warning travelers not to take marijuana out of the state.

The state's legalization of pot, approved by 55% of voters in November, allows citizens 21 and older to possess up to 1 ounce of the drug. The task force didn't specify how much less it believed tourists should be able to buy but discussed a potential limit of an eighth of an ounce, enough for roughly five to 10 marijuana cigarettes.
ben in coma

Coffeyville, KS

#2 Feb 20, 2013
interesting situation. colorado is creating a marijuana tourism industry. kansas should legalize it and compete for that weed dollar. why should colorado get all that revenue?
Toke

Independence, KS

#3 Feb 20, 2013
It would be easier and cheaper to buy it anywhere in Montgomery County than to bother to drive to Colorado.
ben in coma

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Feb 20, 2013
Toke wrote:
It would be easier and cheaper to buy it anywhere in Montgomery County than to bother to drive to Colorado.
that's really the point, ain't it? the county could be swimming in weed tax money and the cops could go back to eating donuts and picking their noses. i don't want half of cville to move to colorado, damn it! e'erbody tell their politicians to demand a WEED WAR with then next state west for the love of jesus!
Mr Walkman

Ochelata, OK

#5 Feb 20, 2013
STUPID!
Mr Walkman

Ochelata, OK

#6 Feb 20, 2013
STUPID!!
taxi driver

Coffeyville, KS

#7 Feb 20, 2013
Mr Walkman wrote:
STUPID!!
thanks, andy! how is the publishing biz?
Jane

Coffeyville, KS

#8 Feb 21, 2013
Might take a vacation to Colorado and enjoy the freedom of using while there.
Ganga man

Pratt, KS

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Why drive 10 hours when I can just go out to my grow shed and clip my bud??
Flagwaver 22

Olathe, KS

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Ganga man wrote:
Why drive 10 hours when I can just go out to my grow shed and clip my bud??
So the police don't steal everything you own, including your shed under asset forfeiture laws.
Kirby

Coffeyville, KS

#11 Feb 22, 2013
Only a matter of time before the Feds shut all this nonsense down. It is unacceptable because legal pot will spread like a Communist domino theory.
Silly

Pratt, KS

#12 Feb 22, 2013
Pot is not nearly as bad for you as all the cheap booze you can buy. Only thing legal pot is bad for is the pharma industry that is poisoning the nation. Wake UP!
kamesha

Garden City, MO

#13 Feb 22, 2013
No
Beaner

Coffeyville, KS

#14 Feb 25, 2013
Jane wrote:
added benefit would be that while you are gone it would increase the IQ of both states just like the dust bowl days when the okies went to california.
420son

Coffeyville, KS

#15 Feb 27, 2013
I'm moving to Colorado partly due to weed and I think lots of other people will too.
Agree

Wichita, KS

#16 Mar 1, 2013
Jane wrote:
I would like to take that vacation too!!!! lol
HighTimes

Chanute, KS

#17 Mar 1, 2013
Silly wrote:
Pot is not nearly as bad for you as all the cheap booze you can buy. Only thing legal pot is bad for is the pharma industry that is poisoning the nation. Wake UP!
You got that right! It always amazes me that I can walk into a liquor store and buy a bottle of 151 Bacardi,,,,that have FLAME ARRESTERS on the bottles,,,,buy a bottle of 190 proof pure grain that has a label of SKULL AND CROSS BONES on it,,,,that shit can and does kill you! Nobody has died from an overdose of pot! Most dangerous thing of marijuana is the draconian laws on the books to prosecute it. If you don't want to smoke it,,,eat it!,,,drink it!,,,or vape it! Brownies anybody? Elixers?
jdawg

Iowa City, IA

#18 Oct 15, 2013
Alcohol destroys lives.

Pot does not.
Friendly

Coffeyville, KS

#19 Oct 16, 2013
jdawg wrote:
Alcohol destroys lives.
Pot does not.
I don't know about that, abuse of anything can ruin lives. But I must agree that you cant overdose on pot. I have always said that I would rather drive on a highway with drivers on pot rather than alcohol.
Kevin the great

Talala, OK

#20 Oct 16, 2013
Friendly wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that, abuse of anything can ruin lives. But I must agree that you cant overdose on pot. I have always said that I would rather drive on a highway with drivers on pot rather than alcohol.
agree. I drive all the time high and am a better driver high. Conversely when I drive drunk - and dont judge me I only do it when I have to take grandma to the store - I am all over the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taken by Mercy Again? 18 min Dr Durpendurp 27
Hospital Name 5 hr bobby357 14
Closing of Mercy hospital 6 hr huh 4
WTF ICC Pirates 7 hr Texas Republican 20
what's your thoughts about Penny Collins? Wed tinman 17
Damian illardo and joey cardillo Mon Pig Vomit 2
Audrey Neal Aug 30 Justsayn 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coffeyville Mortgages