Coffeyville Regional Medical Center

Posted in the Coffeyville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Nurse

Coffeyville, KS

#1 Oct 19, 2008
Well....Does anyone know about the corruption going on at CRMC? That place is the worst place to work for. They treat their employees like crap especially if you are a department leader, female, and over 50. They are on a roll trying to get rid of those employees that have alot of years of service under their belt. It is such a shame that people devote their life to an institution to provide a service and care for people and in the end they ruin their life by making up lies and making demands that are impossible to fulfill and harass and bully them until they are forced to resign. Lets look at the record:
First after the current CNO took office the spiral began with the OB director of 30 years of service, then it went to the Outpatient Services director who got the hatchet. Next came the second OB director, then the Behavioral health director, and now the Dietary director. It seems that the CNO wants everyone to be just like her......FAKE, KISS ASS!!!!!
She's over 50 and is such a bully that she needs to be put out to the pasture!!!! As for the Administrator, I think he's just a worm that needs to retire. There is such corruption going on in that Administration it is so unbelievable.

Coffeyville beware of where you receive your health care. CRMC doesn't "care for you." They just care about your dollar. They don't care about their employees how can they possibly care for you their patients?

“EDITOR : Coffeyville Ks.”

Since: Dec 06

Coffeyville Ks.

#2 Oct 19, 2008
Hey you should try working for Amazon it's no Better, They go through Supervisors out there on picking Like flies in a barn yard waiting to be swatted. they have a much turn over rate of their employees and it's almost a gamble on who goes out the door each week first, To make things worse they hire these people who race around in their RVs and pupt tents at walter Johnson park for nothing during the holiday season at slave labor, cann't say I blame them since they don't move round very fast, But hey it's like this everywhere if you cann't tell now days. people are growing everywhere with the NO CARE SPIRIT THIS YEAR. Coffeyville beware of where you receive your health care. AND BEWARE OF THE PLACES THAT U GET SICK OF WORKING FOR TOO. COFFEYVILLE KANSAS HAS A NO CARE WORK PLACE EVERYWHERE IN THIS TOWN.

Since: Oct 08

Coffeyville, KS

#3 Oct 19, 2008
topwhop45 wrote:
Hey you should try working for Amazon it's no Better, They go through Supervisors out there on picking Like flies in a barn yard waiting to be swatted. they have a much turn over rate of their employees and it's almost a gamble on who goes out the door each week first, To make things worse they hire these people who race around in their RVs and pupt tents at walter Johnson park for nothing during the holiday season at slave labor, cann't say I blame them since they don't move round very fast, But hey it's like this everywhere if you cann't tell now days. people are growing everywhere with the NO CARE SPIRIT THIS YEAR. Coffeyville beware of where you receive your health care. AND BEWARE OF THE PLACES THAT U GET SICK OF WORKING FOR TOO. COFFEYVILLE KANSAS HAS A NO CARE WORK PLACE EVERYWHERE IN THIS TOWN.
uhhhhh.....wow!!

Since: Aug 08

Coffeyville

#4 Oct 19, 2008
And yet another thread started anonymously using very strong words and hiding behind a screen name.

Have you brought any of this to the board at CRMC? Along with proof of course. Because despite what you think you can do online, in the real world you need proof.

Nurse do you also posts as Coffeyville Native?
Lola

United States

#5 Oct 20, 2008
Perhaps he/she needs to get this off of his/her chest and they don't feel they have anyone trustworthy to confide in. Hiding behind a screen name? Come on, now common sense tells me that one could probably lose their job by doing so. I suggest that as Montgomery County citizens, we start being more supportive of one another, and less nosey about who wrote what. The person needs to vent and maybe she/he is looking for some objective input. I personally am sorry to hear that there are problems at CRMC. In a facility setting this could have a snow ball effect and in turn it could create some ethical issues as well as labor law concerns.
Numbers Guy wrote:
And yet another thread started anonymously using very strong words and hiding behind a screen name.
Have you brought any of this to the board at CRMC? Along with proof of course. Because despite what you think you can do online, in the real world you need proof.

“Change begins with talk”

Timberhill, Oklahoma

#6 Oct 20, 2008
Numbers Guy wrote:
If you feel that way. Why didn't you put your name up there? Oh. BTW. My name is George W.

Coffeyville

#7 Oct 20, 2008
I'll be glad to tell my name. I'm not hiding anything.

First name is Scott. Most people can figure out my last name based on that and my screen name.
CoffeyvilleLady

Pittsburg, KS

#8 Oct 20, 2008
Scott shouldn't you be paying attention in that conference?!

Coffeyville

#9 Oct 20, 2008
Conference? I'm not in a conference LOL

“Change begins with talk”

Timberhill, Oklahoma

#10 Oct 23, 2008
Numbers Guy wrote:
I'll be glad to tell my name. I'm not hiding anything.
First name is Scott. Most people can figure out my last name based on that and my screen name.
Way to go Scott People who know me should be able to figure me out too.
ANOTHER NURSE IN CVALE

Pratt, KS

#11 Oct 24, 2008
IN RESPONSE TO YOUR COMMENT: I HAVE ONLY BEEN AT CRMC FOR A SHORT WHILE, BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT IT IS NICE TO WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT YOU FEEL AT HOME WITH. SURE THERE ARE BUDGET CUTS, BUT WHAT COMPANY DURING THESE FINANCIAL HARD TIMES IS NOT CUTTING SOME PEOPLE. AND SAD TO SAY, BUT IT IS USUALLY THE WEAKER DOG IN THE PACK THAT IS BEING REPLACED. I HAVE NOTICED WITH OTHER COMPANIES THAT THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SLOW ECONOMIC TIMES TO GET RID OF THE SLACKERS. I HAVE WORKED FOR OTHER HOSPITALS IN THE PAST, AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT CRMC TREATS ME WELL. WHERE ELSE IS THE CEO OF THE COMPANY GOING TO COME AROUND EACH MORNING AND SAY HELLO AND ASK HOW YOUR FAMILY IS DOING. THIS COMPANY REALLY DOES CARE FOR ITS' EMPLOYEES. I WORKED AT MERCY FOR MANY MANY YEARS AND NEVER ONCE MET THE CEO OF THAT COMPANY. SOUNDS AS IF SOMEONE IS A LITTLE BITTER.
Nurse wrote:
Well....Does anyone know about the corruption going on at CRMC? That place is the worst place to work for. They treat their employees like crap especially if you are a department leader, female, and over 50. They are on a roll trying to get rid of those employees that have alot of years of service under their belt. It is such a shame that people devote their life to an institution to provide a service and care for people and in the end they ruin their life by making up lies and making demands that are impossible to fulfill and harass and bully them until they are forced to resign. Lets look at the record:
First after the current CNO took office the spiral began with the OB director of 30 years of service, then it went to the Outpatient Services director who got the hatchet. Next came the second OB director, then the Behavioral health director, and now the Dietary director. It seems that the CNO wants everyone to be just like her......FAKE, KISS ASS!!!!!
She's over 50 and is such a bully that she needs to be put out to the pasture!!!! As for the Administrator, I think he's just a worm that needs to retire. There is such corruption going on in that Administration it is so unbelievable.
Coffeyville beware of where you receive your health care. CRMC doesn't "care for you." They just care about your dollar. They don't care about their employees how can they possibly care for you their patients?
oknurse

United States

#12 Oct 24, 2008
CRMC IS only concerned with the almighty dollar. I recently lost my son is a car accident, exactly 6 days after his death I received a phone call from the hospital that demanded payment for the ambulance that was sent to the accident, the woman that phoned me stated that since my son was a minor I was responsible for his bill, I tried to explain that I had not even had time to speak with my insurance company, 3 days later I received a certified letter stating that the hospital had filed a judgement against me for the bill. It was less than 2 weeks from the date that he died. I have 2 grandmothers and myself that worked for CRMC. I can not imagine treating anyone like this especially when they were going through what I was at that time. But the hospital is owned by the city so what do you expect. It is all about money. I have sold my home and have moved out of state. It was the best move I have made since moving to the C'ville area so many years ago. I miss the area and my dear friends but not the BS that goes on. I would recommend that everyone go to B'ville for any health care concerns, there is a reason that CRMC ships people to other hospitals, they are not equipped nor do they have the expertise to care for more than minor emergencies.
875.99 the cost for the ambulance to come to the scene of my sons accident. He was never put in the ambulance. That was the cost for them to go 3/4 of a mile from the hospital to the accident. Guess gas was more expensive than I thought!!!
Wowsy

Topeka, KS

#13 Oct 24, 2008
oknurse wrote:
CRMC IS only concerned with the almighty dollar. I recently lost my son is a car accident, exactly 6 days after his death I received a phone call from the hospital that demanded payment for the ambulance that was sent to the accident, the woman that phoned me stated that since my son was a minor I was responsible for his bill, I tried to explain that I had not even had time to speak with my insurance company, 3 days later I received a certified letter stating that the hospital had filed a judgement against me for the bill. It was less than 2 weeks from the date that he died. I have 2 grandmothers and myself that worked for CRMC. I can not imagine treating anyone like this especially when they were going through what I was at that time. But the hospital is owned by the city so what do you expect. It is all about money. I have sold my home and have moved out of state. It was the best move I have made since moving to the C'ville area so many years ago. I miss the area and my dear friends but not the BS that goes on. I would recommend that everyone go to B'ville for any health care concerns, there is a reason that CRMC ships people to other hospitals, they are not equipped nor do they have the expertise to care for more than minor emergencies.
875.99 the cost for the ambulance to come to the scene of my sons accident. He was never put in the ambulance. That was the cost for them to go 3/4 of a mile from the hospital to the accident. Guess gas was more expensive than I thought!!!
Go to the business office and ask them about their charity program. They do have one and it will benefit you.
Lola

Stratford, OK

#14 Oct 24, 2008
Oknurse,
First of all, I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I could not even imagine. But I have to say that CRMC not only treated me well, but they cut my hospital bill in half and arranged a payment plan after I suffered a heart attack two years ago. Other than one of the speacilists having the bedside manners of a stick, I was treated very well. I was sent to Tulsa to a heart hospital, for certain proceedures that CRMC don't do. I did not have a bit of insurance and I am a full time student. I was given some papers to fill out, it was brought before a hospital board and reduced dramatically and put on a payment plan than I can handle. Again, I am sorry for the loss of your son and the treatment you recieved shortly after, but there are some good people at CRMC.
oknurse wrote:

Coffeyville

#15 Oct 24, 2008
oknurse, I'm sorry for your loss. CRMC should have more compassion regarding calling you. However, you either do not understand what has been sent to you or are flat out lying.

There is no way that the hospital has filed a judgement against you for the debt. A judgement is not filed. A lawsuit is filed. A judgement is the result of the lawsuit. You would have been served papers when the lawsuit was filed.

A lawsuit can not be filed until the debt reaches the deliquent status. The minimum for that is 30 days from the date the debt was incurred. After a lawsuit is filed you have a certain length of time to respond before any action is taken by the court. 30 days for most things.

So the very earliest you could have a decision for CRMC against you would be 60 days from the date of the debt. After that there would be additional time for the enforcement of the judgement.

So i suggest you go back and read the documents or better yet take them to a qualified attorney to advise you. It appears you do not understand what you have been sent.
oknurse

United States

#16 Oct 24, 2008
SO SORRY I am looking at the paperwork now, My son died at 12A on April 22, on MAY 6 at 10:28A, a NOTICE OF HOSPITAL LIEN was filed with Nancy J Williams, Clerk of District Court Montgomery County, KS.
At the bottom of the paper there is a Notary seal that is dated April 30, 2008. I am sorry but most companies give you at least 30 days to pay ANY bill.
I paid the bill and was reimbursed by my insurance company who were contacted by the hospital 4 times in 3 days. Give me a break, I cannot believe that I would be able to cause them to go under with $876.
lot2say

Coffeyville, KS

#17 Oct 24, 2008
Well numbers guy yes CRMC is crooked in hounding people about their bill. I was in the hospital for 15 days after an ER visit. When I was finally well enough to go home There were 4 messages form CRMC about the payment of the ER. Come on if they had smart enough people working in their billing office they wqould have been smart enough to realize I was admited to the hopital and still there. Futhermore, I had insurance and good insurance they had not even submited them with the claim at that time. Also make them give you an full page of break down of what you were charged for. Back in 2001 I had a bill that they were threatning to turn over to a collection agency. It was for a surgery. I didnt even live he at the time. So after fighting and arguing with them. Come to find out they had charged me for a vesectomy among other things that I didnt have... I am a woman. That was an honest mistake they say please. If I had been a push over I would have paid for someone elses bill. I dont trust them and dont go there unless it is have too situation. OKnurse I am so sorry for your loss.
oknurse

United States

#18 Oct 24, 2008
lot2say
Thank you I feel like Numbers Guy was trying to say that I was lying, I had all of my family at the house when they called, my grandmother that is still living said that she just could not believe that they were calling so soon. We have both worked there I, however, went to B'ville she retired from there. I am so thankful that I am no longer there, I would suggest that all the people that work in C'ville start to move away-then where will they be??? The only thing that is around C'ville is medicare and medicaid, social security and welfare. I know that I will get alot of ugly comments but it is true, why do you think they have to bus people in to work for the Christmas season because the people that live there are too lazy to work. Sorry I am so negative but I have really bad memories of that area.

Coffeyville

#19 Oct 24, 2008
oknurse, I do not say your are lying. I said it was possible. At the end of my post I repeated that I think you did not understand what you had been sent. That is common. Why do you think hospitals pay billing codes good money? Because it makes it harder for the lay person to understand the bill. Additionally hospitals and other collection agency rely on the general public not knowing the collection laws and procedures. That is why I suggested you have an attorney help you.

You should however quit generalizing. There are many good people who work at the hospital. Additionally, I've always had good care when me or my family were treated there. While the business office people may not think of others feelings, when my father in law died last year the nurses in ICU could not have been better. However if I would not take my dog to Jane Phillips. Anytime I've been there it has felt like an assembly line. No compassion, just get the patient thru and move to the next one.

Coffeyville

#20 Oct 24, 2008
Also a statutory lien is what is generally placed by a hospital. Normally all it will do is keep the insurance company from paying you directly without also listing the hospital as a payee. This is not the same as a lawsuit requesting a judgement. They are totally seperate things. It is simply to protect the hospital from the patient taking the insurance payment and running.

It is not uncommon for those to be filed fairly quickly. In fact if you ever have major work done on your car that is an insurance item, most times the mechanics lien is filed before they begin the work. It is the same type of statutory lien.

The phone calls are another matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remember When in Independence, KS (Jul '09) 3 hr Indygirl98 585
Trump is the true anti-Christ 10 hr Alwysright 17
Trump lied and four died 14 hr Alwysright 3
icc pirates vs hutchinson 21 hr Denise 4
Yvonne Moore Sat Question 2
Trump: Not my president (Official Resistance Th... (Jan '17) Fri Revolution Calling 137
Mr Rupert facing more charges Thu jj vasquez 13

Coffeyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coffeyville Mortgages