First Prev
of 2
Next Last
KUHawker

Tulsa, OK

#1 Oct 20, 2011
I am a native Kansan living in Oklahoma and have an interview at Southwire in Coffeyville. Can anyone tell me if it's a decent place to work or positives and negatives? The turnover rate? I'm excited to possibly move back to KS.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 20, 2011
KUHawker wrote:
I am a native Kansan living in Oklahoma and have an interview at Southwire in Coffeyville. Can anyone tell me if it's a decent place to work or positives and negatives? The turnover rate? I'm excited to possibly move back to KS.
I have known a few people that are or were employed there. Some like it. As I understand it they work 12 hour shifts and the work is tedious. I am told the pay is not real good, however supervisors make a decent living. Lots of overtime and I thought I was told 7 day work weeks, however by working 12 hours a day that dosen't make sense. Wish I could have been more help. Hopefully an employee will post with more of the information that you require. Good luck!!
Northwire

Coffeyville, KS

#3 Oct 21, 2011
If you were a Jew recently pulled out of a Nazi labor camp and placed directly into Southwire you would think it to be awesome.
Use the forum search

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Oct 21, 2011
KUHawker wrote:
This was discussed here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/coffeyville-k...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5 Oct 21, 2011
$ 12 Hour days starting then options for 6 12 hour days. No lunch break....2 15 min breaks. about 650 to 700 week take home (ot)
ANNANEALYOUNG

Coffeyville, KS

#6 Oct 27, 2011
$ 12 Hour days starting then options for 6 12 hour days. No lunch break....2 15 min breaks. about 650 to 700 week take home (ot)
Beaner

Coffeyville, KS

#7 Oct 27, 2011
Moving to Kansas? Set your clocks back fifty years when you hit the state line and you should fit in nicely.
IDK

United States

#8 Oct 27, 2011
heard you work all day 12hr shifts breaks/lunch if you can fit them in none scheduled and most are working 5+ days a week doing 12hrs.
They used to work a rotating 3 on 4 off then 4 on 3 off but lately ive heard 5 and 6 days on is what they changed to. so if you have no family or tired of the ol lady be a great place bc you will have no life. sign me up.

“Information is not knowledge.”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#9 Oct 27, 2011
Beaner wrote:
Moving to Kansas? Set your clocks back fifty years when you hit the state line and you should fit in nicely.
Literally, I've always heard that we're about 30 years behind here in Coffeyville. Oklahoma is 15 years behind and depending on where you live in Kansas, we're at least 5 years behind in the best places.

How true it is, who knows? I believe it, though.
Poncho Bob Villa

Coffeyville, KS

#10 Oct 27, 2011
Singed wrote:
<quoted text>
Literally, I've always heard that we're about 30 years behind here in Coffeyville. Oklahoma is 15 years behind and depending on where you live in Kansas, we're at least 5 years behind in the best places.
How true it is, who knows? I believe it, though.
You believe anything. You once described yourself in Topix post as "an educated idiot without any common sense". At least you are honest with yourself.
Beaner

Coffeyville, KS

#11 Oct 27, 2011
Hey poncho, long time no see guy. Good to see your still up and kickin even though we don't seem to agree on much. Have a good day guy.
pooped out at southwire

Coffeyville, KS

#12 Oct 27, 2011
the place is a h_ll hole , believe me i have worked there for years, was good under a.i.w under southwire pure sh_t 12 LONG HOURS 5 maybe more days a week no breaks unless u call getting to go pee a few times a day a break if your lucky. They preach safety put its a sham to cover there asses as they use ,abuse and terrorize the surfs to work harder for measly wages while the managment monitor there watches for ever more production

“Information is not knowledge.”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#13 Oct 27, 2011
Poncho Bob Villa wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe anything. You once described yourself in Topix post as "an educated idiot without any common sense". At least you are honest with yourself.
You have a long memory and you're right, I described myself pretty good, there. I am an educated idiot. Alot of brains and no common sense. I haven't been using my brains lately because they're all fogged up from my medicine. So I guess it has changed to not smart and no common sense. The light is on, but no one is at home.

How have you been doing? I've been back about 3 weeks on Topix and have missed you.
KUHawker

Tulsa, OK

#14 Oct 30, 2011
These comments are very helpful! So I take it that it wasn't a very friendly takeover from AIW to Southwire? How long has the plant been at the location? Whether it was AIW, Southwire, or whatever.
inquiring minds

United States

#15 Oct 30, 2011
16 years
kansas yankee

Mount Hope, KS

#16 Oct 30, 2011
I AM A CURRENT SOUTHWIRE EMPLOYEE HAVE BEEN THERE 5 1/2 YEARS. WHEN I STARTED IT WAS AIW AND HAS BEEN SOUTHWIRE SINCE FEB.2010. IF YOU LIKE WORKING 12 HOUR DAYS WITH LITTLE OR NO TIME AWAY FROM YOUR MACHINE IT IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK. THEY HAVE A GOOD INSURANCE PLAN 80 HOURS VACATION(6 1/2) DAYS OFF A YEAR 3 FLOATING HOLIDAYS A YEAR.THEN COME ON OUT TO SOUTHWIRE. CAREER FAIR NEXT SATURDAY NOV 5TH AS FAR AS PAY GOES I WORK 5 DAYS A WEEK AND GROSS OVER 1100 PER WEEK NOT BAD MONEY BEATS WELFARE!!!!!!!!!!
desuhu

Waverly, KS

#17 Jan 5, 2012
watchmanII wrote:
They are not starting them out at $12/hr. A person I know that started there on Sept. 6th was started at 11.45/hr., then after his 2 months training, they gave him another $.50/hr., making it $11.95/hr. He was the highest producer of wire in his dept. all 4 months, including his 2 months of training. So, I don't believe they are rewarding those who do well. They may have had a lot of goof-offs there and people who didn't pass their drug tests, or didn't show up to work, but this person isn't one of them.
Glad to be gone

Oologah, OK

#18 Jan 15, 2012
KU Hawker, did you get the job? I was there for 4 years and just read your thread. Wish I could have updated you earlier.
PW George

Broken Arrow, OK

#19 Sep 2, 2013
Southwire interviewing managers need to be more careful, making statements that assume the job applicants are ready for retirement, or that the job could be better performed by a much younger worker. Methinks this could get a plant manager fired, if the applicant complained to the EEOC.
job

United States

#20 Sep 24, 2013
What does southwire pay? Seen add in paper what shifts? Anyone with more than a marble know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russians indicted 3 hr Alwysright 3
Maple street 23 hr Billdakid 2
The thinker Fri Alwysright 32
School shooter was Trump fan Fri Alwysright 4
More taxpayer abuse Fri Pharmboy 8
The Dems war on Blacks Thu Alwysright 3
Poll Rank the Gayest Mens Sports (Aug '11) Feb 13 Hser 53

Coffeyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance