Fire truck at prom
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Kilo27

Coffeyville, KS

#1 Apr 21, 2011
Who was the person that was crying about someone brining a fire truck from Dearing to the Caney prom? I would really like to know so I could buy them a binky or something! They madesuch a big dal out of it. They went and talked to the County coordinator and I heard he said no one can take fire truck to proms anymore! That is just messed up. Way to go who ever you were!

Since: Jul 10

Coffeyville, KS

#2 Apr 21, 2011
First I have heard of it, but did you ever stop to think what would have happened had that fire truck been needed?
Kat

Coffeyville, KS

#3 Apr 21, 2011
That's BS! Kids have been able to have a firetruck take them to prom for as long as I can remember, and that's a long time. That's our society today. Things that have been acceptable forever now get "scratched" because of one whiner. Poliical correctness has gone too far and is one of the main reasons our society is going to hell. Maybe they were afraid someone would get hurt on the firetruck!!! After all, don't we have to replace everything with plastic or rubber now so the kids don't hurt themselves in the park or playground?

Since: Jul 10

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Apr 21, 2011
you know there is always going to be a person that whines about something , I remember them being at our prom, I see no problem with it, but I am curious to why the person complained

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5 Apr 21, 2011
'Forget about the fact that we are fighting 3 wars that we cannot afford and that we are bankrupt. Can you believe that there was a Firetruck at the Prom??" Gasp....
Michelle

Coffeyville, KS

#6 Apr 21, 2011
Haha! Agree, Kronk. Get over it. It is cute and there are several other fire trucks available at Dearing. Not to mention that if something HUGE happened, other departments can respond. People will complain about anything! Sounds like people are just jealous because someone was having a good time. Yeah, if they were drinking in the fire truck, that would be a big deal. Riding in a fire truck, no big deal. If you want something to complain about, there are children being neglected, abused, and molested. Why not complain about that instead of what form of transportation someone took to prom!
wow

Delaware, OK

#7 Apr 21, 2011
GET OVER IT!!!!!!
I Mind

Coffeyville, KS

#8 Apr 21, 2011
Who paid to fuel this vehicle?
Get Real

Coffeyville, KS

#9 Apr 21, 2011
I Mind wrote:
The kids that got taken to the Prom's parents did, just like I did and you did.. Your tax dollars paid for it and I'm glad that my money helped. Prom only comes around for these kids a couple times in their lives, let them enjoy it!! Fire trucks are their to serve the people, I think thats exactly what they were doing when they took these kids to the prom!!
taxpayer

Mount Hope, KS

#10 Apr 21, 2011
Can my kids ride to there prom in a firetruck if not the i see a lawsuit.

Location hidden

#11 Apr 22, 2011
taxpayer wrote:
Lawsuits are the American Way!! It is your Gawd given right and responsibility as a tax paying American to sue for any frivolous reason that crosses your mind. Lawyer up and go get em!!
scrooge

Independence, KS

#12 Apr 22, 2011
I Mind wrote:
You, the taxpayer.

Location hidden

#13 Apr 22, 2011
taxpayer wrote:
I can't believe you are that stupid. If you want to sue someone sue the current person in the White House he had done MORE damage to you and your taxes in one day than that firetruck ever did. My God grow the hell up.

Since: Sep 10

Coffeyville, KS

#14 Apr 22, 2011
Wow, everyone sure seems fired up, this is becoming a hot topic.
dax

Independence, KS

#15 Apr 22, 2011
Kat wrote:
That's BS! Kids have been able to have a firetruck take them to prom for as long as I can remember, and that's a long time. That's our society today. Things that have been acceptable forever now get "scratched" because of one whiner. Poliical correctness has gone too far and is one of the main reasons our society is going to hell. Maybe they were afraid someone would get hurt on the firetruck!!! After all, don't we have to replace everything with plastic or rubber now so the kids don't hurt themselves in the park or playground?
You'll never understand how painful it was to be a gay male adolescent, to have to take you to the prom and to have pretend I didn't want to be with my boyfriend instead.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 22, 2011
dax wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll never understand how painful it was to be a gay male adolescent, to have to take you to the prom and to have pretend I didn't want to be with my boyfriend instead.
Well fortunately, I'd have to say you are correct. Wheew...
Stagger Lee

Weir, KS

#17 Apr 22, 2011
What part of misuse of taxpayers dollars don't you understand? And you crybaby morons will B!TCH about high taxes.

Coffeyville, KS

#18 Apr 22, 2011
Stagger, how do you know that the parents or students did not pay to be driven to prom on a firetruck aside from their tax dollars?
Why is this even an issue? Prom is supposed to be fun. Unique transportation is part of that. One of my favorites is when kids showed up at prom in shopping carts.
taxpayer

Mount Hope, KS

#19 Apr 22, 2011
How about anyone else that wants to take a fire truck to the prom and they are told no? Is this what it is all about the kids that have it all gets what they want and the poorer kids are just dirt under the feet.This is something that has been happening for years and it needs to STOP.It is the same thing as bulling just in another way!

The person that said ok to it needs to resign.

This is also I belive a crime.

Coffeyville, KS

#20 Apr 22, 2011
Oh I sense bitterness. The kids deserve a good time, and I believe that if there was an emergency situation that it would take priority.
Really? Seriously? The kids seek a unique way of going to prom and as long it is not harmful, what is the deal?
I do not even mind chucking a few bucks for gas money to allow them that experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Meth Addicts of Coffeyville, (Oct '11) Wed Meth Happiness 45
meth on willow (Jul '13) Wed Froggy 8
sex (Jun '14) Wed Froggy 21
Is kansas really filled with hoes? Jun 28 Oliver Douglas 5
corrupt cops in south coffeyville (Jul '10) Jun 28 Innocent 235
Coffeyville Community College Jun 27 Curious in Coffey... 5
Acme Foundry Management Jun 27 u know who phil 29

Coffeyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance