Brownback: a low-grade Kansas guberna...

Brownback: a low-grade Kansas gubernatorial candidate

Posted in the Coffeyville Forum

Professor Paul

Coffeyville, KS

#1 Sep 13, 2010
I remember back in the 2007 Republican Presidential Debates when the moderator asked the nine candidates to raise their hands if they "didn't believe in evolution," three hands went into the air including Senator Sam Brownback's.

My jaw DROPPED...is this scientific illiteracy a product of a hardcore Christian conservative mindset? I thought.

Now imagine my alarm now when Sam Brownback is running for Kansas governor in 2010. This antiscientific simpleton really scares me.

Delving deeper into his history I discovered that Brownback is a right-wing holy warrior with messiah complex who won't be happy with America until the Bible replaces the Constitution and a strange flag waves over an undisputed Christian nation. What wouldn't Brownback do for Christ's approval? I ask.

His scientific ignorance and Catholic dogmatism are stunning! He's against civil unions, hate-crime legislation, and women's rights. He is further right than the fruitcake Newt Gingrich!

To make a long story short, Kansas deserves someone better than Brownback. Someone who can make hard choices based on scientific facts over fuzzy theology. Someone who respects a woman's choice. Someone who can lead Kansas into the future and not set our great state back 50 years.
marcus

Coffeyville, KS

#2 Sep 13, 2010
if you are gonna bash him do so because he is incompetent. Not because of his religious beliefs that has nothing to do with his ability to run a state. Brown back is carrer politican who only wants to stay in the spotlight. He has no ideals just borrowed ones.
Singed

Coffeyville, KS

#3 Sep 13, 2010
Professor Paul wrote:
I remember back in the 2007 Republican Presidential Debates when the moderator asked the nine candidates to raise their hands if they "didn't believe in evolution," three hands went into the air including Senator Sam Brownback's.
My jaw DROPPED...is this scientific illiteracy a product of a hardcore Christian conservative mindset? I thought.
Now imagine my alarm now when Sam Brownback is running for Kansas governor in 2010. This antiscientific simpleton really scares me.
Delving deeper into his history I discovered that Brownback is a right-wing holy warrior with messiah complex who won't be happy with America until the Bible replaces the Constitution and a strange flag waves over an undisputed Christian nation. What wouldn't Brownback do for Christ's approval? I ask.
His scientific ignorance and Catholic dogmatism are stunning! He's against civil unions, hate-crime legislation, and women's rights. He is further right than the fruitcake Newt Gingrich!
To make a long story short, Kansas deserves someone better than Brownback. Someone who can make hard choices based on scientific facts over fuzzy theology. Someone who respects a woman's choice. Someone who can lead Kansas into the future and not set our great state back 50 years.
Professor, I'm not voting for him, myself. My reasoning is, I'm not voting for anyone who is in office now. My vote goes to new blood. On the other hand, this state is right in the middle of the so-called Bible belt and many Kansans like the christian qualities that you just described in a politician. He has done Kansas proud and has been a very good politician while in office and I don't see any reason why he won't win.

I don't hold to repudiating all of the advances that has been accomplished in the last 100 years, eg. hate-crime legislation, and women's rights, but I don't think that he could receive all the votes that he gets if he is for civil unions, believes in evolution, and is pro-choice. Kansas as a whole is still conservative in their thinking.
navinpt2

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Sep 19, 2010
Professor Paul wrote:
Someone who can lead Kansas into the future and not set our great state back 50 years.
I agree, Prof, Brownback is a joke. When he ran for president 10 people showed up. http://imgur.com/Zcrar.jpg It was funny as hell.

Now it's not so funny. It's almost as if he is running unopposed in a redneck paradise. If he gets voted in, Kansas will continue to be a laughing stock when it comes to scientific literacy and civil rights.
Chris Cox

Coffeyville, KS

#5 Sep 19, 2010
Did anyone read the Sep. 18 "KC Star" article? The billionaire Tea Party brothers from Wichita bought Brownback. And quote:

“If Sam becomes governor, I think essentially Koch Industries will have the key to the governor’s office.”

This is outrageous!

Link:
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/18/2233422/...
really_

Coffeyville, KS

#6 Sep 20, 2010
It's just time to "throw the bums out" and clean house! Brownback has to go!
Der Fueher Braunbach

Coffeyville, KS

#7 Sep 24, 2012
The End of a Kansas Tradition: Moderation

A long tradition of centrist Republicanism in Kansas — exemplified by politicians like former Senator Bob Dole and former Gov. Bill Graves — was dealt a near-fatal wound last month when a group of state senators, deemed insufficiently conservative, were defeated in Republican primaries.

Kansas had been a reliably conservative state for years, and Mitt Romney is all but guaranteed the state’s six electoral votes. But until recently, Kansans still preferred a government far from the ideological poles.

“A moderate coalition ran the state for 40 years,” Mr. Loomis said.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...
wally515

Parsons, KS

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Der Fueher Braunbach wrote:
The End of a Kansas Tradition: Moderation
A long tradition of centrist Republicanism in Kansas — exemplified by politicians like former Senator Bob Dole and former Gov. Bill Graves — was dealt a near-fatal wound last month when a group of state senators, deemed insufficiently conservative, were defeated in Republican primaries.
Kansas had been a reliably conservative state for years, and Mitt Romney is all but guaranteed the state’s six electoral votes. But until recently, Kansans still preferred a government far from the ideological poles.
“A moderate coalition ran the state for 40 years,” Mr. Loomis said.
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...
this battle within the Republican party is not over yet. Now that Kansas has systematically purged the ranks of RINOs it's time to push even HARDER for these conservative's to take the RIGHT stand at the Federal level as well. We need to return to a LIMITED government or our Constitution will forever be set aside as "inconvienent" by the apologetic "centrists" hiding in plain sight under their new cover word; CONSERVATIVE. Wait and see, the TEA party will be relevant and a return to a Constitutional focused government will be the result.
Beaner

Coffeyville, KS

#9 Sep 25, 2012
Ah, but you might also just torque enough peoples jaws to get all the teabaggers voted out. What then?
WTF

Edison, NJ

#10 Jun 7, 2017
It's over. Brownback was a massive failure.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/07/us/sam-bro...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SEK Pride fest to be held in Independence Sept... 2 min Revolution Calling 69
No juco football coverage? 20 min indy fan 13
boycott jumpstart 23 min chuckie 4
The Eclipse 2 hr Alwysright 1
John Deere Ho 3 hr Hannah 103
Cherryvale/Thayer School District 447 plans new... 7 hr Eight 14
MO State Sen. wishes the president assassinated Sun American Independent 5

Coffeyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance