Trayvon Martin's Death Being Used to Justify Attacks On Whites?

Posted in the Coffeyville Forum

Since: Mar 11

Coffeyville, KS

#1 Apr 27, 2012
A 78-year-old Ohio man says he was a victim of a hate crime when he was severely beaten by group of youths -- who allegedly said "this is for Trayvon," referring to the unarmed black Florida teen killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer.
The man, Dallas Watts of East Toledo, told police he was walking home Saturday afternoon when he was confronted by six youths, both white and black, ages 11 to 17, FoxToledo.com reports. One of the youths allegedly said "take him down."
Watts said he told the youths, "Why me? Remember Trayvon." He told FoxToledo.com that he meant it in a "peaceful way," since he had nothing to do with the Florida killing. But police suggest the youths may have misinterpreted Watts' words as threatening.
"[Get] that white [man]. This is for Trayvon ... Trayvon lives, white [man]. Kill that white [man]," the boys are quoted as saying in a police report cited by the Toledo Blade.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/05/trayvon-...
Are you surprised

Wichita, KS

#2 Apr 27, 2012
Knuckelball, are you surprised at retaliation violence? Racial violence after an unarmed teen is murdered and the case having so much publicity?

Recall the beating of Rodney King which was taped and after the acquittal of the police officers there were riots in LA and the horrible beating of an innocent truck driver, Reginald Denny which was also taped.

Knuckleball, do you really expect George Michael Zimmerman to live happy ever after should be found not guilty of second degree murder?

Since: Mar 11

Coffeyville, KS

#3 Apr 28, 2012
Not surprised, just feel that we make laws and enforce them. Everyone has a right to a FAIR TRIAL. I think people should let the justice system do it's job. I don't think Zimmerman will be found guilty and here's why. When someone is attacked, they have the right to defend themselves. Nobody witnessed the altercation except Trayvon and George. Trayvon isn't there to testify. George is going to skate. No I can't say that I am surprised that retaliation against people totally unrelated to the case is occurring. That's the stupidity you get with mob justice. I guarantee you though, this will not end in the black community's best interests. It'll only serve to make more neighborhood watch programs, with even more people just like Zimmerman. Black people kill whites Hispanics all the time. It just seems like the black community gets up in arms about it when it happens to one of them. To be honest, I sympathize with the Martin family. Nobody should have to go through that. Maybe if they had been with their kid, or given him a ride this wouldn't have happened. Just tragic. I still don't see it as murder... especially not according to Florida law.
Speed Demon

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Apr 28, 2012
Knuckleball wrote:
Not surprised, just feel that we make laws and enforce them. Everyone has a right to a FAIR TRIAL. I think people should let the justice system do it's job. I don't think Zimmerman will be found guilty and here's why. When someone is attacked, they have the right to defend themselves. Nobody witnessed the altercation except Trayvon and George. Trayvon isn't there to testify. George is going to skate. No I can't say that I am surprised that retaliation against people totally unrelated to the case is occurring. That's the stupidity you get with mob justice. I guarantee you though, this will not end in the black community's best interests. It'll only serve to make more neighborhood watch programs, with even more people just like Zimmerman. Black people kill whites Hispanics all the time. It just seems like the black community gets up in arms about it when it happens to one of them. To be honest, I sympathize with the Martin family. Nobody should have to go through that. Maybe if they had been with their kid, or given him a ride this wouldn't have happened. Just tragic. I still don't see it as murder... especially not according to Florida law.
I agree...the problem with this situation is that we dont have the full story. The media is not helping the case at all!! Did Zimmerman get attacked? Is Trayvon the sweet kid the media portrays? I dont know and will wait for the trial.....the other problem is people who have their minds made up already wont agree with the justice system if it doesnt go the way they have their minds set too. Its a no win scenario for all of us!!
muineal ardoilte dearg

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Are you surprised wrote:
Knuckelball, are you surprised at retaliation violence? Racial violence after an unarmed teen is murdered and the case having so much publicity?
Recall the beating of Rodney King which was taped and after the acquittal of the police officers there were riots in LA and the horrible beating of an innocent truck driver, Reginald Denny which was also taped.
Knuckleball, do you really expect George Michael Zimmerman to live happy ever after should be found not guilty of second degree murder?
Are you making excuses?
I am not surprised

Wichita, KS

#6 Apr 28, 2012
Knuckleball wrote:
Not surprised, just feel that we make laws and enforce them. Everyone has a right to a FAIR TRIAL. I think people should let the justice system do it's job. I don't think Zimmerman will be found guilty and here's why. When someone is attacked, they have the right to defend themselves. Nobody witnessed the altercation except Trayvon and George. Trayvon isn't there to testify. George is going to skate. No I can't say that I am surprised that retaliation against people totally unrelated to the case is occurring. That's the stupidity you get with mob justice. I guarantee you though, this will not end in the black community's best interests. It'll only serve to make more neighborhood watch programs, with even more people just like Zimmerman. Black people kill whites Hispanics all the time. It just seems like the black community gets up in arms about it when it happens to one of them. To be honest, I sympathize with the Martin family. Nobody should have to go through that. Maybe if they had been with their kid, or given him a ride this wouldn't have happened. Just tragic. I still don't see it as murder... especially not according to Florida law.
I am for letting the police do their jobs and the investigations to run their course. As for Zimmerman skating. Zimmerman is on thin ice in my opinion. I will not be surprised if he has a fall through the ice and no one will be able to save him. I raised a teen. Not possible to be with them all of the time. I worried about my teen during those teen years in the city. Murder? He has been charged with second-degree murder. The investigators and the special prosecutor reviewed the evidence. That is the charge. Maybe they did not believe Zimmermna's version of the events. Just maybe they did not add up. I do not expect to see and hear Zimmerman testify. If he is telling the truth put him on the stand. So far I have not been impressed with his testimony.
cville poster

Coffeyville, KS

#7 Apr 28, 2012
muineal ardoilte dearg wrote:
<quoted text>Are you making excuses?
Chase your tail.
payback

Mississauga, Canada

#8 Oct 29, 2012
Wait until America collapses anytime now. Remember Yugoslavia and what the majority Serbs did to the minorities. Payback is a bitch and it will happen here.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#9 Oct 30, 2012
payback wrote:
Wait until America collapses anytime now. Remember Yugoslavia and what the majority Serbs did to the minorities. Payback is a bitch and it will happen here.
Payback for what exactly? Kind of sounds stupid that anyone in Coffeyville, KS would blame anyone else in Coffeyville, KS for anything to do with the Treyvon Martin case. I mean really....how exactly is it connected to Coffeyville or anyone in Coffeyville at all? Sounds like some serious stretching in hopes of feeling like someone has an excuse for acting ignorant. FTR....YOU DON'T! If you act stupid or do something stupid the excuse is...you're stupid!!! It is no one else's fault nor does a case in another state give you any right or reason....the only excuse you would have is just that you yourself are stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brownback booed at ball game 2 hr obvious 2
repeal brownbackcare 15 hr IMHO 2
cville resources 23 hr curious 1
Nigel that works for shepherds construction (Aug '14) Thu truth 2
do we really need Tammy Dixon when city is broke? Thu phil shifley 77
Officer arrested again Mar 22 Gangnum Style 12
what happened today? Mar 19 CLOWN 3
Coffeyville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Coffeyville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]