Churches split on Scouts' stance on gays

Churches split on Scouts' stance on gays

There are 73 comments on the Lake Wales News story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Churches split on Scouts' stance on gays. In it, Lake Wales News reports that:

In suburban Atlanta, northern Idaho and a number of other places, churches have moved swiftly to sever ties with the Boy Scouts of America in protest over the vote last month to let openly gay boys participate in Scouting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake Wales News.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#21 Aug 16, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes facts are important. Some facts are important.
Those are not. They are pretty much trivial and useless.

When you are finished worshipping your denomination, repent and believe the gospel.
Well, it destroyed you theory about A. Campbell.

Much more evidence like this could be given.

When you're finished worshiping the Baptist church I'll help you.

Let me know when you're done.

www.roysecitycoc.org

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#22 Aug 16, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe the example of the religious hypocrite proves that faith in Jesus does not produce any change in a person's heart?
Do you pay attention to what you are saying?
<quoted text>As you said: "Many CLAIM faith.." Does that mean they have it? Not at all.
Like James, you are talking about false professors. Unlike James, you view them as believers. James did not.
<quoted text> Faith is not something you earn or develop. It is given to you.
Eph 2:8-9 " For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
You need to repent, and believe the gospel.
You don't understand what was said by James because you support the faction that James spoke against that believed faith without works would bring one salvation.
Until you stop believing a perversion taught by those teaching their own understanding you won't understand what James said and it's simple.
Having faith with no works equals no salvation.
Having works with no faith equals no salvation.
Having faith and having works together equals salvation.
That seems to be an easy concept you've made tough to comprehend.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#23 Aug 16, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
Faith is not something you earn or develop. It is given to you.
Eph 2:8-9 " For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
You need to repent, and believe the gospel.
Wrong. Faith is never given to us. If faith was given to us mentally to our spirit we logically would never be able to lose it. Everyone on earth would know God/Jesus because as you claim wrongly faith is given to us.
You do develop faith by making a decision to have a belief in God/Jesus and to start living in a manner according to the commandments of Jesus you hadn't lived with before. In making the decision to have faith in an invisible being called God, he rewards you with 'spiritual' experiences/feelings that are solely for you to confirm your faith in him is a good thing and the right thing to have. Christians call those 'experiences/feelings' blessings. And the more you increase your faith with your works the more blessings you receive from God for establishing and then developing and then from day to day nourishing that faith.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#24 Aug 16, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
John 6:28-29
"Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."
Amen!
Now read James 2:14-26.
www.roysecitycoc.org
Yes, my friend, ANY "faith" which is not productive of works - via a regeneration of the human spirit - is not saving faith.
So, HOW LONG do you intend to pretend that James' refutation of "easy believism" - the non-regenerating faith of devils - is a refutation of justigication by faith alone?
Apparently you are determined to earn your salvation through your own righteousness. You will fail - You have God's Word on it.
Romans 3:20
"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
Galatians 2:16
"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."
Now stop spreading that "ANOTHER GOSPEL" around.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#25 Aug 16, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, my friend, ANY "faith" which is not productive of works - via a regeneration of the human spirit - is not saving faith.
So, HOW LONG do you intend to pretend that James' refutation of "easy believism" - the non-regenerating faith of devils - is a refutation of justigication by faith alone?
Apparently you are determined to earn your salvation through your own righteousness. You will fail - You have God's Word on it.
Romans 3:20
"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
Galatians 2:16
"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."
Now stop spreading that "ANOTHER GOSPEL" around.
Romans 3:20
"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
Galatians 2:16
"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

Amen!

Now read Romans 6:1-6 and see what God does in water baptism.

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#26 Aug 16, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 3:20
"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
Galatians 2:16
"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."
Amen!
Now read Romans 6:1-6 and see what God does in water baptism.
www.roysecitycoc.org
I need not read Romans 6 to learn anything. I've read it more times than I can count. Your "power in the tub" teaching is not found there.

You read Galatians chapters 1 & 2 to learn what God's Word says about your legalism, and how those who spread such teachings are said to be "accursed" - angels included

And quit giving your phony "amen" to doctrines you and your sect do not even agree with..

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#27 Aug 17, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it destroyed you theory about A. Campbell.
Much more evidence like this could be given.
When you're finished worshiping the Baptist church I'll help you.
Let me know when you're done.
www.roysecitycoc.org
It's hard to destroy my theory about A. Campbell when I never had one.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#28 Aug 17, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand what was said by James because you support the faction that James spoke against that believed faith without works would bring one salvation.
Until you stop believing a perversion taught by those teaching their own understanding you won't understand what James said and it's simple.
Having faith with no works equals no salvation.
Having works with no faith equals no salvation.
Having faith and having works together equals salvation.
That seems to be an easy concept you've made tough to comprehend.
I understand it well. You obviously believe Paul and James contradict, and that one of them (which would be Paul) was uninspired. You are wrong.

Paul tells you about the efficacy of faith in salvation.
James tells you what saving faith is - and what it is not.

Romans 4
2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Now repent, and believe the gospel.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#29 Aug 17, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Faith is never given to us.
Eph 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God."

You need to quit calling God's Spirit a liar.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#30 Aug 17, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>I need not read Romans 6 to learn anything. I've read it more times than I can count. Your "power in the tub" teaching is not found there.

You read Galatians chapters 1 & 2 to learn what God's Word says about your legalism, and how those who spread such teachings are said to be "accursed" - angels included

And quit giving your phony "amen" to doctrines you and your sect do not even agree with..
1 Peter 3:21

What "saves" in this verse?

A. sinners prayer

B. faith alone

C. baptism

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#31 Aug 17, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Peter 3:21
What "saves" in this verse?
A. sinners prayer
B. faith alone
C. baptism
www.roysecitycoc.org
D. None of the above
In the passage of your choosing, the thing that "saves" is mentioned in the previous verse (20) which you, for no honest reason, chose to omit.

Regarding the 8 souls on the Ark - which Noah built at God's command - they were saved by the Ark (itself a type of Jesus Christ). The water of the flood did not save anybody. Actually they did the complete opposite - the waters KILLED a lot of people. The only 8 survivors, being saved by the Ark, were saved FROM the waters - not BY the waters.

I do understand the SYMBOLISM (pay close attention here) set forth by Peter in that verse: When God immersed the earth in water, He washed sin away Thus, immersion baptizing symbolizes the washing away of sin.

Now quit asking stupid questions, and lifting Bible verses out of their context.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#32 Aug 17, 2013
First, you have to be one of His sheep. He chooses you.

Catholicism and CoC or Campbellites choose you and save you and hold power over you and can cast you into darkness by removing your name from their church roll. They are close to being identical.

Jesus' sheep have eternal life: no man can pluck them from me. Eternal life is "Eternal Life".

This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 6:29 (KJV) So; you could say it is a work religion - nah......... the work of GOD; not man. You cannot choose Him - He chooses you.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#33 Aug 17, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
First, you have to be one of His sheep. He chooses you.
Catholicism and CoC or Campbellites choose you and save you and hold power over you and can cast you into darkness by removing your name from their church roll. They are close to being identical.
Jesus' sheep have eternal life: no man can pluck them from me. Eternal life is "Eternal Life".
This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 6:29 (KJV) So; you could say it is a work religion - nah......... the work of GOD; not man. You cannot choose Him - He chooses you.
I know that.
Let these two demonstrate their own Arminianism first. Then we'll explain why it's wrong.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#34 Aug 17, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>D. None of the above
In the passage of your choosing, the thing that "saves" is mentioned in the previous verse (20) which you, for no honest reason, chose to omit.

Regarding the 8 souls on the Ark - which Noah built at God's command - they were saved by the Ark (itself a type of Jesus Christ). The water of the flood did not save anybody. Actually they did the complete opposite - the waters KILLED a lot of people. The only 8 survivors, being saved by the Ark, were saved FROM the waters - not BY the waters.

I do understand the SYMBOLISM (pay close attention here) set forth by Peter in that verse: When God immersed the earth in water, He washed sin away Thus, immersion baptizing symbolizes the washing away of sin.

Now quit asking stupid questions, and lifting Bible verses out of their context.
The like figure where unto the ark now saves us?

Really?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#35 Aug 17, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
First, you have to be one of His sheep. He chooses you.

Catholicism and CoC or Campbellites choose you and save you and hold power over you and can cast you into darkness by removing your name from their church roll. They are close to being identical.

Jesus' sheep have eternal life: no man can pluck them from me. Eternal life is "Eternal Life".

This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 6:29 (KJV) So; you could say it is a work religion - nah......... the work of GOD; not man. You cannot choose Him - He chooses you.
John 6:29

Amen.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#36 Aug 17, 2013
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

baptism doth also now save us

interesting

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#37 Aug 17, 2013

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#38 Aug 17, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
baptism doth also now save us
interesting
www.roysecitycoc.org
"The like figure....."

Are you aware that a "figure" is a type?
If you don't understand types, I expect you to kill a lamb come Passover.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#39 Aug 17, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>"The like figure....."

Are you aware that a "figure" is a type?
If you don't understand types, I expect you to kill a lamb come Passover.
Water

Is like

A. Flood

B. ark

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#40 Aug 17, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>"The like figure....."

Are you aware that a "figure" is a type?
If you don't understand types, I expect you to kill a lamb come Passover.
I expect you to baptize in gopher wood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeur d'Alene Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mega Millions Winning Numbers Unmatched as Jack... (Mar '11) Wed Cherry Girls 21
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Idaho (Dis... (Oct '10) Jun 24 spoon 10
Helicopters Jun 24 despi7000 1
News Idaho Senate backs permitless concealed carry -... Jun 16 The Green Watch Dog 13
Malika, queen of the VIP! (Mar '14) May '16 Klaus Hochstatt 3
Silver Star Resort investment May '16 jimhcom 1
Desperate Apr '16 Seriously serious 1

Coeur d'Alene Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coeur d'Alene Mortgages