What's it like living in Coeur d'alene?

What's it like living in Coeur d'alene?

Posted in the Coeur d'Alene Forum

mojave melody

Lancaster, CA

#1 Dec 14, 2011
I am interested in moving north to CDA. Right now I am living in the SW Mojave Desert of California where there is a huge contrast to Northern Idaho in temperature and landscape. We have long hot and dry summers and the winter temps fall in the 20's with an occasional snow fall. Its beautiful in the outlying areas with its Spring wildflower displays. long Indian summers. blue skies, white cloud visuals, unforgettable sunrises/sunsets and wide open spaces. But, the nearest towns of Lancaster and Palmdale have become endless traffic stops, tract homes, car exhaust and non-descript shopping malls just like any other overdevelopment. I love small towns and small businesses with friendly people that like to stop and chat awhile. I am a Sr. Citizen hoping to meet other active and independent seniors who love nature, the arts, and the great outdoors. I'm a little concerned if whether or not I would enjoy the extreme cold weather. Do you go out very much in the winter? Do you get cabin fever and wishful for an early Spring? What is it like to garden? Is there a plentiful supply of fruits and veges in the winter? Is there opportunity for part-time work? What is the the cost of living?
Whatever you can tell me about your perceptions of and experiences in your area will be greatly appreciated

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeur d'Alene Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Lakeland Immediate Care LLC (Jul '13) Jul 18 Bluelapis12 3
News Hauser, Idaho, man sentenced to 10 years in pri... Jul 11 Nikkole Lindsay 2
Suspicious unmarked box on porch cops don't help Jul 5 North Idaho 99 2
Kratom Jun 20 Jcbeliever2015 1
Beware of Kirby Vacuum Sales Tactics! (Mar '13) Jun '17 Willy Wiggles 8
News Mega Millions Winning Numbers Unmatched as Jack... (Mar '11) Jun '17 Proud Dixiecrat 31
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Jun '17 Lottery Traitors ... 518

Coeur d'Alene Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coeur d'Alene Mortgages