Protest Against Ganesha "Demon" Statu...

Protest Against Ganesha "Demon" Statue in Idaho Loses Steam

There are 3 comments on the About.com story from Jun 14, 2011, titled Protest Against Ganesha "Demon" Statue in Idaho Loses Steam. In it, About.com reports that:

Protesters against the public display of Lord Ganesha sculpture in downtown Coeur d'Alene in Idaho on Friday, June 10, 2011 were outnumbered by over six times by counter-demonstrators. Reuters reported on Friday about a group of self-described constitutionalists protesting the northern Idaho city's dedication of the sculpture of the Hindu deity at ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at About.com.

Mary LeDoux

Lake Charles, LA

#1 Jun 14, 2011
HOORAY for the enlightened, intelligent people of your city and state. While I don't believe ANY "religous" statue being permenantly displayed on government owned property is appropriate, the protesting of those who think they have it all figured out for the rest of us is a lovely thing.
Joe Schwoerer

Eastlake, OH

#2 Jun 18, 2011
Who are these people trying to fool? "Constitutionalists" ? How so? The Constitution protects peoples from other religions and gives anyone the freedom to worship in any religion they wish! And who's to say this "statue" is a religious idol? Certainly not these high and mighty "Constitutionalists" who seem to believe that since America was founded by mainly Christians they should have the right to tell others to worship as they do and disparage an intire culture for a silly statue!!! I for one believe that this statue is nothing more than a statue and these uppity, so called Christians need to get with it and show some of that old "Judge not lest ye be judged" attitude that they seem to have forgotten over the years.
Truth

United States

#3 Jul 25, 2011
christians are the true, and most evil group threatening our freedom today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeur d'Alene Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Idaho (Dis... (Oct '10) Jun 24 spoon 10
Helicopters Jun 24 despi7000 1
News Mega Millions Winning Numbers Unmatched as Jack... (Mar '11) Jun 22 Chump University 19
News Idaho Senate backs permitless concealed carry -... Jun 16 The Green Watch Dog 13
Malika, queen of the VIP! (Mar '14) May '16 Klaus Hochstatt 3
Silver Star Resort investment May '16 jimhcom 1
Desperate Apr '16 Seriously serious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coeur d'Alene Mortgages