jehovah Witness
linda

Madison, TN

#1 Sep 26, 2012
2 jehoah witness came to my house and wanted me to go to their church.Do any one know what reglion that they are.I dont know any thing about them.some one told me they are a cult and stay away from them and not let them back in my house.
wikipedia

Roanoke, VA

#2 Sep 26, 2012
Jehovah's Witnesses are best known for their door-to-door preaching, distributing literature such as The Watchtower and Awake!, and refusing military service and blood transfusions. They consider use of the name Jehovah vital for proper worship. They reject Trinitarianism, inherent immortality of the soul, and hellfire, which they consider to be unscriptural doctrines. They do not observe Christmas, Easter, birthdays, or other holidays and customs they consider to have pagan origins incompatible with Christianity. Adherents commonly refer to their body of beliefs as "the truth" and consider themselves to be "in the truth".[19][20] Jehovah's Witnesses consider secular society to be morally corrupt and under the influence of Satan, and limit their social interaction with non-Witnesses.
Congregational disciplinary actions include disfellowshipping, their term for formal expulsion and shunning.[21] Baptized individuals who formally leave are considered disassociated and are also shunned. Disfellowshipped and disassociated individuals may eventually be reinstated if deemed repentant.
The religion's position regarding conscientious objection to military service and refusal to salute national flags has brought it into conflict with some governments. Consequently, Jehovah's Witnesses have been persecuted and their activities are banned or restricted in some countries. Persistent legal challenges by Jehovah's Witnesses have influenced legislation related to civil rights in several countries.
linda

Madison, TN

#3 Sep 26, 2012
Im sure glad you told me all that,i have learned something from you,{I sure didnt know that, want to thank you for all info thank you so much}I sure dont want to get into something like that.Can you tell me where there a good church to to go to that preach God word?
mountain fire

United States

#4 Sep 26, 2012
Yep. I put the skids under the two that came to my door! If you were brought up with the King James version of the Bible, they say that's not what they teach from. Our Bible is wrong. There's no such thing as Jesus to them. Their "Jesus" is the archangel Gabriel. And like the previous posts, there are major issues that is worrisome.

But hey, in all fairness, they seemed like nice respectable folks, but their ideology is in stark contrast to our family's beliefs...
junior

Blacksburg, VA

#5 Sep 28, 2012
linda wrote:
Im sure glad you told me all that,i have learned something from you,{I sure didnt know that, want to thank you for all info thank you so much}I sure dont want to get into something like that.Can you tell me where there a good church to to go to that preach God word?
linda,there are a few.....i was brought up in church,and i believe in GOD!!! Assembly of GOD Church and Banner Revival Center teaches the word of GOD !!! hope this helps you.
DTrent

Maple Shade, NJ

#6 Oct 2, 2012
Linda,
The best way to find out more about JW's is simply to ask them or go to their official website at jw.org . They are Christians who teach the Bible to people free of charge. Their united brotherhood is extraordinary & they are the closest thing to 1st century Christianity you will ever see. Why not take them up on a visit to the Kingdom Hall where the Bible is used extensively & you will be warmly welcomed? You can bring any translation of the Bible you wish.
Have fun!
Joker

Norton, VA

#7 Oct 4, 2012
They are the people that show up at your house once a month to annoy you with pamphlets about Jesus. Their internal views are twisted beyond a doubt. Not the religious parts, but the moral side of them is disturbing. I grew up with several Jehovah Witness friends, and when one of them left the church, none of the other's would speak or even acknowledge him anymore, even family members. I learned many messed up things about them so have no respect for them at all.
Blessed

Blacksburg, VA

#8 Oct 6, 2012
DTrent wrote:
Linda,
The best way to find out more about JW's is simply to ask them or go to their official website at jw.org . They are Christians who teach the Bible to people free of charge. Their united brotherhood is extraordinary & they are the closest thing to 1st century Christianity you will ever see. Why not take them up on a visit to the Kingdom Hall where the Bible is used extensively & you will be warmly welcomed? You can bring any translation of the Bible you wish.
Have fun!
yes,U maybe warmly welcomed,But U will also be deceived!!! they believe hell is here on earth!!! and that the president,and political leaders will go to a special heaven!!!
their bible is different,words and verses are changed !!!
In King James Version,it say not to add nor take away from the word of GOD !!! it's your choice.....U asked !!! I hope U find what u looking for. GOD BLESS. Just pray and ask for guideance.
JW believer

Trenton, FL

#9 Oct 6, 2012
Blessed wrote:
<quoted text> yes,U maybe warmly welcomed,But U will also be deceived!!! they believe hell is here on earth!!! and that the president,and political leaders will go to a special heaven!!!
their bible is different,words and verses are changed !!!
In King James Version,it say not to add nor take away from the word of GOD !!! it's your choice.....U asked !!! I hope U find what u looking for. GOD BLESS. Just pray and ask for guideance.
Where do people come up with these lies, that political persons and presidents go to a special heaven lol... and yes they believe in Jesus in fact they are the only real Christians on earth if you want to know anything about them ask "THEM". I grew up in the truth and I'm not part of the congregation. But only because I am weak and sinful. I can only hope someday that I have the spiritual strength to become part of their congregation.
Ted

Wise, VA

#10 Oct 6, 2012
linda wrote:
2 jehoah witness came to my house and wanted me to go to their church.Do any one know what reglion that they are.I dont know any thing about them.some one told me they are a cult and stay away from them and not let them back in my house.
Jehovah witness, trying to work their way into heaven, they dont believe in being borned again,the bible says if you try any other way you same as a thief and robber.my advise is to keep away from those people they will lead you astray and you will end up in hell and that another thing they dont believe in hell.so please dont get mixed up that kind of people.
Blessed

Blacksburg, VA

#11 Oct 6, 2012
JW believer wrote:
<quoted text>Where do people come up with these lies, that political persons and presidents go to a special heaven lol... and yes they believe in Jesus in fact they are the only real Christians on earth if you want to know anything about them ask "THEM". I grew up in the truth and I'm not part of the congregation. But only because I am weak and sinful. I can only hope someday that I have the spiritual strength to become part of their congregation.
WELL!!! When they came to my home a couple years ago;that what the ole man from j.w. was trying to tell me!!! I laughed too!!! But when I brought my BIBLE out,they didnt want to read it!!! Not been bothered with them since !!!!
Not a christian,BUT I believe in my GOD ,And the KING JAMES VERSION!
Not trying to change anyone !!! I just dont believe in their way of teaching "GOD'S WORD !!!!
mountain fire

United States

#12 Oct 6, 2012
Blessed wrote:
<quoted text>WELL!!! When they came to my home a couple years ago;that what the ole man from j.w. was trying to tell me!!! I laughed too!!! But when I brought my BIBLE out,they didnt want to read it!!! Not been bothered with them since !!!!
Not a christian,BUT I believe in my GOD ,And the KING JAMES VERSION!
Not trying to change anyone !!! I just dont believe in their way of teaching "GOD'S WORD !!!!
Yep. I have a family bible on the coffee table. I have several smaller and custom bibles in a bookshelf in my living room. All are KJV.

When a question arose pertaining specifics in the bible, I resort to my big one on the coffee table.

"No, don't bother yourself with that." He said. "We should consult MY bible."

I then went to the bookshelf and pulled out my "church" bible. This one I frequently carry on Sundays, Wednesday's and Thursday's. I have highlighted scripture and such to remember things to use in a possible future argument, if one arose.

This was one of those times.

When I was flipping thru my bible, he in turn was going thru his. "This is the bible we confide in."

I don't confide in a bible. It's an inanimate object. My faith and belief spares me the requirement of that.

Every scripture I versed, he gave his bible's version and professed I was wrong.

After being raised of the Baptist faith, I find it insulting that he stated my version of the bible was inferior to his.

I have been of the faith for over 30 years and consult my KJV bible daily.

I do not condone the beliefs of the JW.

Thank you and God bless...
JW believer

United States

#13 Oct 6, 2012
Just do some research on the KJV. Find out how when King James told the holy men to finish the book soon, or be beheaded. I think I would write down anything myself to keep from having my head cut off. The New World Translation Bible was deciphered by reading and translating authentic originals. If you truly which to gain knowledge of the true christ. Pray to his father the Almighty god, the one true god, the beginning and the ending,the alpha and omega, Jehovah. If you want to know why this world is full of wickedness, evil, and death. Just ask "THEM" or read they're literature which is all from the word of god thru great prophets like Daniel and Jeremiah.
ACTUAL TRUTH

Redmond, WA

#14 May 14, 2013
It is for GOOD REASONS that 99% of the information on the internet about Jehovah's Witnesses is NEGATIVE. If you are able to post here, then you able to do your own internet research on the JWs.

Start by googling the keyterms "jehovah's", "crime", and "mental illness". That will gve you all the reading material you need regarding what life is ACTUALLY like as a JW.
WALTERWHITE

King George, VA

#15 May 14, 2013
Lol wut
diane

Wise, VA

#16 May 21, 2013
They are entitled to their beliefs just like u and me. I'm a baptist, have been all my life does that make me a bad person? In some people's eyes maybe but I still live in a free country where I can worship my god. If u don't want to talk to them when they come to your door all u have to do is tell them politely.
WALTERWHITE

Worcester, MA

#17 May 21, 2013
America was discovered because peeps wanted to free of religious persacution...wtf ever I've seen worse...but meh its crazy now a days. a right to bear arms also changed
Smh

Ashburn, VA

#18 Jun 21, 2013
JW believer wrote:
<quoted text>Where do people come up with these lies, that political persons and presidents go to a special heaven lol... and yes they believe in Jesus in fact they are the only real Christians on earth if you want to know anything about them ask "THEM". I grew up in the truth and I'm not part of the congregation. But only because I am weak and sinful. I can only hope someday that I have the spiritual strength to become part of their congregation.
WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quick mart beside car wash 2 hr Jim Crow 6
News Horne served with Navy, Army and Postal Service (Feb '10) 5 hr Anonymous 2
Meth 15 hr Charlie 1
Ricky McConnell Sat Icallbs 25
Fire in Tacoma Thu Ffffffffffffff 1
Mayor's lawsuit May 15 jack 14
Mi Hacienda is needing workers May 12 Coeburn 2

Coeburn Jobs

Personal Finance

Coeburn Mortgages