Softball Tournament/ Open ceremonies tonight

Posted in the Coeburn Forum

Mary

Richmond, VA

#1 Jul 14, 2011
Does anyone know if the girls are supposed to be in uniform for the picnic/ open ceremonies tonight for the Little League Softball Tournament in Coeburn?
question

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jul 22, 2011
I attended the softball tournament in Coeburn. What a dump. The field was dirty from top to bottom.. No bathrooms, only johns that was not pumped daily, What a smell. There is a large ditch going by the field that stinks. The grass was grown over it, and several people fell in it. Parking was horrible, the big trucks would run you down before you could get pulled out. How were they able to host with such a run down field. Motel rooms were very hard to get, way overpriced due to the RAM (THAT MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY) poor, poor, poor. Making older people and babies stand in line for hours. The above picnic was a joke, charge $8.00 for a cold hamburger and dried bar-b-q. Hope I never have to return back to that field.
someone who attended

Amherst, VA

#3 Jul 22, 2011
I thought that the food was great. Eight dollars wasn't bad for a hamburger, hot dog, and BBQ pork sandwich. The BBQ pork was the best I have ever tried. I have been to picnics in the past where I paid $10 for a hotdog or hamburger and sides. At least there you could get all 3.

I saw the toilets being pumped at least 4 times. I am not sure what ditch you were talking about, I never saw it.

That RAM thing seems to be a great thing for people who can't afford healthcare. And from what I understand it is held all around the US.
Hahaha

United States

#4 Jul 24, 2011
We hope you don't come back either.
question wrote:
I attended the softball tournament in Coeburn. What a dump. The field was dirty from top to bottom.. No bathrooms, only johns that was not pumped daily, What a smell. There is a large ditch going by the field that stinks. The grass was grown over it, and several people fell in it. Parking was horrible, the big trucks would run you down before you could get pulled out. How were they able to host with such a run down field. Motel rooms were very hard to get, way overpriced due to the RAM (THAT MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY) poor, poor, poor. Making older people and babies stand in line for hours. The above picnic was a joke, charge $8.00 for a cold hamburger and dried bar-b-q. Hope I never have to return back to that field.
About the RAM comment

Old Hickory, TN

#5 Jul 25, 2011
RAM is held all over the country and I am sure that if you had a health issue and no insurance you would be glad to have to it. That was one of the most cold hearted stupid comments I have ever heard.And those doctors and nurses volunteer their services.What have you done?? I have ben without health insurance in the past but thank God I didnt have any serious health issues.But there were times I was sick and would have been glad to go to the doctor if I could have. And as for the little league field you are full of it.My child plays ball every year there and its not that bad in the spring before the season ever starts so I highly doubt it was anywhere near as bad as you let on. And it is suppose to be about your kid playing ball not about what you had to eat for one meal. If that $8 was that important to you maybe you should stay home!! In case you havent noticed the whole country is struggling so dont come to my town and talk about how poor we are! I bet I have as much as you do!! So to close this if you don't like it maybe you should stay where you are from now on because you have shown some really rude behavior from the comment you have posted on here!!
Concerned Parent

United States

#6 Jul 26, 2011
The sad part is, is that the person who is talking bad about Coeburn is probably from Coeburn. Let me tell u something, a lot of parents worked their butts off working down there, cleaning, setting up, serving food and getting the fields ready. Its all volunteer and not many parents will step up and help. Its sad that people have to trash talk something that was so important to a group of little girls. I pray that whoever u are that u have to hit ur knees and ask for forgiveness. This is a prime example of how something that is so important to kids and be ruined and trash talked. I pray that u feel so guilty that u can't even sleep!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are so many moving out of area? 5 hr bradley 17
Town Council (Aug '14) 5 hr bradley 41
missy pridemore 16 hr lol 6
Anyone know Elizabeth Marshall? (May '11) 17 hr Yaa 4
Who is the Blonde women 19 hr haleo 1
Who know Nancy Harvey Fri Mother 4
coeburn school (Sep '13) Fri jewellweed 3
More from around the web

Coeburn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE