Comments
21 - 40 of 51 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2012
Lol

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Just Working wrote:
Coeburn is not a central location. Why spend over 9 million for a alternative education school, when you already have one? St Paul high school is small. Why would anyone not keep the Eastside school in Coeburn. This is the plan the board passed.
And you trust Jeff Perry, Nolan Kilgore, and Larry Greear? Do you not find it weird that it has already been delayed so much when all the schools were suppose to be built at the same time? Do you find it weird that it was $2 million over budget causing more delays? The plan isn't to keep them in SP. The plan is to send them to SP to drive the kids to Norton and Wise, and then blame the lack of students as a reason to close it down because they can't compete. Jeff doesn't care to spend any amout of money to satisfy what he and Nolan want. They both couldn't care less about Coeburn. Nolan hates it and hated SP even more. It's all about socioeconomics with him and Perry.
Really

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Lol wrote:
<quoted text>And you trust Jeff Perry, Nolan Kilgore, and Larry Greear? Do you not find it weird that it has already been delayed so much when all the schools were suppose to be built at the same time? Do you find it weird that it was $2 million over budget causing more delays? The plan isn't to keep them in SP. The plan is to send them to SP to drive the kids to Norton and Wise, and then blame the lack of students as a reason to close it down because they can't compete. Jeff doesn't care to spend any amout of money to satisfy what he and Nolan want. They both couldn't care less about Coeburn. Nolan hates it and hated SP even more. It's all about socioeconomics with him and Perry.
It's refreshing to know that someone in Coeburn has a clue. Perry will close the school at his first chance. Coeburn deserves this. It will be hard to argue with the cost. The threat of higher prop. taxes will be used. There will NEVER be a mention of cost savings from the other schools. The members of Peace from Coeburn, Greear, and those who voted for them are to blame. EVERYONE needs to be contacting the Board of Supervisors and demanding that Perry CUT from the Wise budget over runs and do the job at Coeburn. Screw there new football, baseball stadiums. They said it was about education, no funds for Coeburn's school but unlimited funds for ball fields. Then he takes over the Coeburn Track and has the money for it. People you need to wake up.
wow

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

some people are so stupid.....the school IS getting renovated. the school IS going to be Eastside High. the building IS getting new windows. our taxes WILL go up to cover it, but because of ALL the schools, not just because of Eastside's windows. OUR children deserve the same respect as the holy children on wise and big stone. stay tuned to the news. drive by the school in a few months. you will see for yourselves and don't have to believe what is printed here, from me or anyone else.
afroman

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Aug 15, 2012
 
I'm gawn mawtha fawka now gimmie muh beeer.
Wake UP

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Aug 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

wow wrote:
some people are so stupid.....the school IS getting renovated. the school IS going to be Eastside High. the building IS getting new windows. our taxes WILL go up to cover it, but because of ALL the schools, not just because of Eastside's windows. OUR children deserve the same respect as the holy children on wise and big stone. stay tuned to the news. drive by the school in a few months. you will see for yourselves and don't have to believe what is printed here, from me or anyone else.
Really? Are you sure? Seems like the county has called a meeting in Sept. to discuss this. Raising taxes on the taxpayers is not what the taxpayers want. I want to see CHS as much as anyone, just don't raise taxes cut the spending from wise. Let them do without a few playpretties at their new gymboree.
Voter

Albemarle, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Aug 15, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Wake UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Are you sure? Seems like the county has called a meeting in Sept. to discuss this. Raising taxes on the taxpayers is not what the taxpayers want. I want to see CHS as much as anyone, just don't raise taxes cut the spending from wise. Let them do without a few playpretties at their new gymboree.
Where are our savings that Dana Kilgore, David Cox, Jeff Perry, Ron Vickars, and Larry Greear promised last election?$1.2 million should have covered EHS. They all promised consolidation would bring savings and no tax increases. This was all a lie. Taxes will go up folks. And a lot more than you think.
Walter White

Norton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Aug 15, 2012
 
Its fine the end of the world is coming.
Wake UP

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Aug 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Voter wrote:
<quoted text> Where are our savings that Dana Kilgore, David Cox, Jeff Perry, Ron Vickars, and Larry Greear promised last election?$1.2 million should have covered EHS. They all promised consolidation would bring savings and no tax increases. This was all a lie. Taxes will go up folks. And a lot more than you think.
Only if the people stand by and let it happen. EVERY tax payer needs to be at the meeting in Sept. to demand accountability for this mess. You're right they promised over and over that IF they did NOT close the schools, the taxes would need to be raised, but with the consolidation no taxes increases would be needed. Well the truth is they turned Perry loose with the check book. Spend spend spend. All at wise. Just moving the site from Wise to walmart cost far more than what is needed to finish CHS. 700,000 just to buy the land. How much more was spent to compact the landfill that was there? So wise gets so far what?$30,000,00 prob. way more by the time its over, but CHS can't even get a decent renovation. How much is being wasted on Lee's new adm. wing in the school? For God's sakes they don't even have a library anymore but they have a whole section just for Lee to sit back like he's king of the hill. Be at the meeting demand that they cut from Wise to finish CHS.
jackie

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Aug 15, 2012
 
You were warned wrote:
Coeburn and ST. Paul gets the leftovers on everything. Just look where the county puts things they don't want. Sewer plant? Power plant, welfare housing on and on. What I cant understand is why they keep putting people on the board who don't even live here but live in wise.
That true,dont you know that coeburn is the tale end of the earth while wise and norton building up,even St.paul building and getting new things in there.they getting mackdonald in there.while we do with out.People here in coeburn better go to the town meeting and tell them that we need new resturants and new stores that will create news jobs here.its all ready a ghost town.People will half to stand up for what they believe in get in there and speak your piece or you will never have anything here in coeburn.people will half to stand together on this.
pine camp friend

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Aug 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

All that's in coeburn is drug heads s*itty town they don't need no school just some more fake dope stores
Just Working

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Aug 16, 2012
 
There are rumors on the street that there are several people looking at running for office. The Powers man is now the mayor. The Mullins kid is from St Paul. We don't need anyone moving Eastside to St Paul full time. This year is bad enough. Has anyone seen the new Eastside in St Paul ? What a joke. Some people have bigger outdoor buildings. The kids are not happy. Coeburn needs to find a candidate who has some dirt under their finger nails. Don't send a kid to to do a man job. Find a real person to run and get Eastside back in Coeburn. We Coeburn people pay taxes too. Wise can jump in a lake.
Voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Aug 16, 2012
 
Just Working wrote:
There are rumors on the street that there are several people looking at running for office. The Powers man is now the mayor. The Mullins kid is from St Paul. We don't need anyone moving Eastside to St Paul full time. This year is bad enough. Has anyone seen the new Eastside in St Paul ? What a joke. Some people have bigger outdoor buildings. The kids are not happy. Coeburn needs to find a candidate who has some dirt under their finger nails. Don't send a kid to to do a man job. Find a real person to run and get Eastside back in Coeburn. We Coeburn people pay taxes too. Wise can jump in a lake.
I've seen Drew out in Coeburn volunteering and being in Coeburn more than Nolan ever thought about doing. Also I don't think he would want that. Nolan is for taking them and moving them to Wise. Always has been. And to your comment about not sending a kid to do a mans job, look at where the men have gotten us. No where. We need somebody fresh and young. He only lost last year in Coeburn by 40 votes.
Wake UP

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Aug 16, 2012
 
Voter wrote:
<quoted text> I've seen Drew out in Coeburn volunteering and being in Coeburn more than Nolan ever thought about doing. Also I don't think he would want that. Nolan is for taking them and moving them to Wise. Always has been. And to your comment about not sending a kid to do a mans job, look at where the men have gotten us. No where. We need somebody fresh and young. He only lost last year in Coeburn by 40 votes.
I agree, thing is if the election is in Nov. which is almost certain the case, his name would have to be on the ballet quick, or he won't be able to run by technicality. For that matter no one will be able, nolan will win by default. That may be part of the county's plan, hold the funding meeting in Sept. so its too late to have anyone run against the sitting stooge.
Educated voter
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Aug 16, 2012
 
Wake UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, thing is if the election is in Nov. which is almost certain the case, his name would have to be on the ballet quick, or he won't be able to run by technicality. For that matter no one will be able, nolan will win by default. That may be part of the county's plan, hold the funding meeting in Sept. so its too late to have anyone run against the sitting stooge.
The election is still another year away. He is not up this November but next
warrior gal

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Aug 17, 2012
 
you all are crazy if you look at the sign where central is being built it says Wise County Central Duh!!! That means Coeburn and St. Paul will be going there thats whats going to happpen
Not so fast

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Aug 17, 2012
 
I'd say you're right, they will do something at coeburn, can't have trailer trash staining Wise's big new school.
hmmm

Norton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Oct 8, 2012
 
i don't hear anybody talkin about the school situation much anymore...i guess you've been by the school and have seen the work going on....
Henry Hill

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Well if call demolishing the building, a renovation?
Not so fast

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Oct 15, 2012
 
Henry Hill wrote:
Well if call demolishing the building, a renovation?
Its a lot cheaper to knock holes in it then call it a lost cause than it is to actually do what they promised and some idiots bought right into.
sure

Norton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

lost causes and demolishing a building include pouring new concrete floors and sidewalks, huh? some people...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fallon meade (Jul '11) 2 hr Guest 9
Ronnie 3 hr Loser 6
Town Council 6 hr Kelly 11
High horse 16 hr Mad 1
Payless market 23 hr just me 11
chris and samantha mead Aug 25 getn close 15
fake pot Aug 25 patrick 5
•••
•••
•••

Coeburn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Coeburn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Coeburn News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Coeburn
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••