coeburn's water bills are outrageous

Posted in the Coeburn Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pissed off

Big Stone Gap, VA

#1 Sep 12, 2012
Has anyone noticed coeburn water bills? Sewage use to be 100 percent and now we pay 130 percent that is outrageous. Thanks to our town manager Loretta!! The town is ripping people off on our water bills!! We need to clean house and get our town back.
waterguppie

Wise, VA

#2 Sep 12, 2012
yep..its about retarded on the back in fine print so you cant see a damn thing it says sewer is now 130 percent of water bill...all proceeds go to Scam Coeburn Citizens fund...MF
working man

United States

#3 Sep 12, 2012
The town of coeburn should notify people of coeburn that they are raising our bills! I noticed mine was higher! That is town of coeburn screwing with us again!
danny boy

Madison, TN

#4 Sep 12, 2012
working man wrote:
The town of coeburn should notify people of coeburn that they are raising our bills! I noticed mine was higher! That is town of coeburn screwing with us again!
My water bill is the hight that it every been.It seems like every month it goes up.look like people will half to go back to well water.
tim

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Seriously!!! That is way too much for for a water bill!
Kat

Norton, VA

#7 Sep 13, 2012
My water bill went from being 48.00 to 100. How the hell?
kit

Big Stone Gap, VA

#8 Sep 13, 2012
that is Loretta Mays for you!!!
Educated tax payer

Big Stone Gap, VA

#9 Sep 13, 2012
How can Loretta raise water rates? This makes no sense.
Harry

Norton, VA

#10 Sep 13, 2012
As Helen said it was Larry Carol & Lynn that did. They voted before they left office to raise them so much over a period of time. It's very clear how they were raised it was those three.
Educated tax payer

Big Stone Gap, VA

#11 Sep 13, 2012
I don't understand why anyone would use this forum to blame town council decisions on Loretta. Be honest & state facts. Rumors & innuendo only cause more strife & misunderstanding.
confused

Hermitage, TN

#12 Sep 13, 2012
how is it that my water bill says sewer and water, and my neighbor only pays for water???? we both live in apts?? i dont understand. her bill is 60 less than mine cuz she doesnt have sewer added on? how does this make since?
wondering

Wise, VA

#13 Sep 15, 2012
hey hows that viola thing working for you??? you cannot privatly opperate a public service for proffit with out the price goes up. They must make at least 33% for their share holders. I love the republican style of thinking private business can operate cheaper than government
dear lord

Herndon, VA

#14 Sep 18, 2012
my water bill was right at 300 dollars and i live in goverment apts so i would be veary happy with 48 to a 100 dollars man i have seen how they check meters up here they dont even look at the meter they take a dang guess and it pisss me off to know that these water plp are ripping people off just to put change il there pocket it is a big pile of bull shit
thank you the town of coebrn suck
fed up

Blacksburg, VA

#15 Sep 18, 2012
yeah loretta mays gave herself all those perks on the towns people dime,then raised our water bills,can't wait till she gets fired.
danny boy

Madison, TN

#16 Sep 18, 2012
Educated tax payer wrote:
I don't understand why anyone would use this forum to blame town council decisions on Loretta. Be honest & state facts. Rumors & innuendo only cause more strife & misunderstanding.
What do you mean blame town council,they all are over the water and all,i blame them because they did raise the water bills and Loretta the most to blame for.each month when i get my statment it has gone up.who do you blame if its not them.i would like to know.when your water bill goes high and you dont use that much water you are going to wonder and its no rumors and yes it does bring strife and misunderstanding,not only that but makes me relly mad to think i halfto pay my hard earn money to some one to line their pocket book with.People should look into this and see what can be done about it.
Coeburn

Norton, VA

#17 Sep 18, 2012
Larry Carol and Lynn all 3 voted a few months BEFORE they left office to raise your water bills. So you can blame all of them for doing that. They never cared for this town and they didn't give a shit cause they voted to raise it before they left office. So they are the ones you need to blame.
Informed voter

Salem, VA

#18 Sep 19, 2012
Coeburn wrote:
Larry Carol and Lynn all 3 voted a few months BEFORE they left office to raise your water bills. So you can blame all of them for doing that. They never cared for this town and they didn't give a shit cause they voted to raise it before they left office. So they are the ones you need to blame.
And they did it at Loretta's recommendation since she over sees the town on the day to day basis
poor man

Blacksburg, VA

#19 Sep 19, 2012
that right,it all boils down to loretta mays raising our water bills,and we are losing our jobs so how can we afford to pay the higher rates?she doesn't even live in town,so she doesn't pay taxes,only rents a house out of town.
Tom

Roanoke, VA

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Kat wrote:
My water bill went from being 48.00 to 100. How the hell?
Mine is 119 this month!
rob

Murfreesboro, TN

#21 Sep 19, 2012
Hahaha it's not Loretta that's responsible for the cost of the water bills. It's your fearless mayor and council! They set the prices! What happened to all the great things they are doing??? Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does wise county need so many cops 1 hr Thankful 4
Israel adams 1 hr Curious 2
Josh Amos (Dec '16) 4 hr Josh 7
Lee Rose & Dusty her son what is your thought's... Fri sumcronic 1
Shiny Aug 16 Yep 2
Whose cheating at camp 18 Aug 16 Curious 1
Police discrimination Aug 16 Esteemed Battle 14

Coeburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance