You all need JESUS!
loretta

Natural Bridge, VA

#23 Aug 5, 2012
especially the town council
Junior

Wise, VA

#24 Aug 5, 2012
Cossie and Chris are good guys. Sorry... Neither will be chief, maybe after a few years. Not what our town needs right now. We need a strong proven leader that will fight our problems with authority. Someone that can pull resources and get it done. We need a strong personality that will go to council meetings and stress the importance of law enforcement in our community, to get the equipment and pay needed to keep and hire good people to work for our police dept. Someone that has the respect of the community. I can only think of two people, Brooks and Holbrook. Either would be great. Both would be even better!
Missy

Nashville, TN

#25 Aug 9, 2012
If they was not doing nothing wrong, they would not got fired.
Joker

Norton, VA

#26 Aug 19, 2012
The Coeburn police are the jokes of the county....since I've lived in this state, which ha been over 10 times, I've kept track of the times I've actually seen them do anything, including pulling people over, etc.

....lets just say I'm not into the double digits yet.
hoe hoe

Roanoke, VA

#27 Aug 19, 2012
maybe they dont harrass people without having a good reason.they sound like a pretty good bunch of officers to me.
Ura Doofus

Ewing, VA

#28 Aug 19, 2012
Joker wrote:
The Coeburn police are the jokes of the county....since I've lived in this state, which ha been over 10 times, I've kept track of the times I've actually seen them do anything, including pulling people over, etc.
....lets just say I'm not into the double digits yet.
you obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. CPD does more traffic stops than all the other towns in the county PLUS city of norton PLUS the deputies PLUS the state police COMBINED. not saying all were stops that needed to be made or that they all ended in a summons or an arrest; that is another topic altogether. just listen to the scanner an evening or two. cpd needs their own channel and dispatchers. the other towns can barely get through with all the radio traffic originating in the town of friendly people.
R u kidding

Wise, VA

#29 Aug 19, 2012
Ura Doofus wrote:
<quoted text> you obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. CPD does more traffic stops than all the other towns in the county PLUS city of norton PLUS the deputies PLUS the state police COMBINED. not saying all were stops that needed to be made or that they all ended in a summons or an arrest; that is another topic altogether. just listen to the scanner an evening or two. cpd needs their own channel and dispatchers. the other towns can barely get through with all the radio traffic originating in the town of friendly people.
So...... I don't think there can be that many people driving so bad or that many violations. For one the county are busy answering calls, they stay slammed answering calls, that's what I here on the scanner, and goofballs from the town are trying so hard to tie up the radio, is what I here. I just wonder how many traffic are for made-up reasons. If they are immature and using the radio too much, emergencies that need to be given out by dispatchers can cause a BIG problem. The Sheriff just needs to make a county police department and resolve these problems, and let these immature officers find another line of work. Or the town can hire a leader that will stop this bull and make them do the things that really need to be done.
Cossie As Chief

Salem, VA

#30 Aug 19, 2012
I agree that i think Cossie, would make a great police chief. He is a very good officer and i think he is a great person. I have known him for years and i think he is very fair and does his job, like he is suppose to. So he would have my vote anyday :) These officers don't get enough respect, they risk their lives everyday for others, and for the money they are paid it's not worth it, but they still do the job anyway. So if you are currently chief right now Cossie, I am sure you are doing a great job at it. Hope you keep the position...... Your Friend Always :)
No WaY

Wise, VA

#31 Aug 19, 2012
Cossie As Chief wrote:
I agree that i think Cossie, would make a great police chief. He is a very good officer and i think he is a great person. I have known him for years and i think he is very fair and does his job, like he is suppose to. So he would have my vote anyday :) These officers don't get enough respect, they risk their lives everyday for others, and for the money they are paid it's not worth it, but they still do the job anyway. So if you are currently chief right now Cossie, I am sure you are doing a great job at it. Hope you keep the position...... Your Friend Always :)
May be an ok person, but not as chief... Nobody from the last administsration will be respected, period..... Sorry, you can say what you want, it will not change anything. He was part of all of that crap, no matter how you look at it, him and Chris, turtle whatever you want to call them. We ask for a change and we will get it, I have faith in our new council to choose someone that will get the respect back of the town. He isn't the answer, not enough experience, not enough respect, to be honest with you he shouldn't be considered at all. I have heard too many negative things involving him with the bunch that is gone, so no way, not going to happen. If he gets it, nothing will change!!!!
Tom

Roanoke, VA

#33 Aug 20, 2012
None of the above will be the chief! I
Hire Outside

United States

#34 Aug 20, 2012
We need a Chief from outside the Town Of Coeburn that has not been involved with the Police Department. We need a respectful, professional Police Dept that will reflect a positive image on our Town. I like Mr. Brooks but we also need to explore other options. And regardless, please get rid of those cobalts and get real police cars that is not embarrassing!
proud citzen

Roanoke, VA

#35 Aug 20, 2012
glad the mayor and town council have seen the light,now they know what kind of cops we had in this town and have cleaned house.got rid of the trash.good job.mr mayor,vice mayor,and town council..

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#36 Aug 20, 2012
What about mike Holbrook, I know he is retired but maybe!
Difference Maker

Wise, VA

#37 Aug 20, 2012
Hire Outside wrote:
We need a Chief from outside the Town Of Coeburn that has not been involved with the Police Department. We need a respectful, professional Police Dept that will reflect a positive image on our Town. I like Mr. Brooks but we also need to explore other options. And regardless, please get rid of those cobalts and get real police cars that is not embarrassing!
I agree about the cobalts!! I talked to Brooks, he is going to apply. They can explore other options, but wont find a better person to be chief than Brooks. I know him and talk to him quiet a bit. He is fair, and will do what is right. He will get the trash off the streets. He his very good to talk to, and shares the same concerns we do here in Coeburn. If given the chance, he will make a difference.
Difference Maker

Wise, VA

#38 Aug 20, 2012
slapaho12 wrote:
What about mike Holbrook, I know he is retired but maybe!
I agree slapaho12, Holbrook or Brooks either one would be great. Either of these two would be the absolute best choice for our town. If the council members are serious about police in our town, they should go after either of them, or both would be great.
oh my

Natural Bridge, VA

#39 Aug 21, 2012
I was told that they were going to hire Skeens back, and Jackson back.
Andy

Norton, VA

#40 Aug 21, 2012
People get real Jackson is still in jail how can he be hired back. Get your facts straight.
Hire Outside

Millersville, MD

#41 Aug 21, 2012
Skeens should be locked up, not considered to be chief or an officer! That would be stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best athlete from CHS (May '13) 6 hr Triplett 21
Front street cruze in? 6 hr TRUTH 29
Bloney the pervert coal truck driver 7 hr AngieGayle 35
what is there to do in coeburn 7 hr hambone 3
alley 15 hr nosey 1
Haley ramsey 17 hr nosey 2
Travis Dingus (Jan '14) 17 hr nosey 17

Coeburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance