why are coeburn cops out screwing wit...

why are coeburn cops out screwing with working people??

Posted in the Coeburn Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
josh

United States

#1 Sep 6, 2012
I was coming thru town at 6am on my way to work, and coeburns finest was out pulling people over for rinky dink traffic stuff like running a red light when it just turned red, setting in rite aid parking lot watching people...these are people just trying to get to work and most of the time the only cars on the road!! Leave the working class alone, and focus on thee real criminals...at least we get up and go to work!!!
Working Man

Abingdon, VA

#2 Sep 6, 2012
They are just doing their job! It doesn't matter what time it is if you break the law you should pay the price. If you are in a hurry or running behind for work look at leaving home a little early and it want cost you. I hope they keep doing their job and protect the people and inforce safety.
josh

United States

#3 Sep 6, 2012
Oh working man I guess you've never broken the speed limit in your life huh? Mr Perfect I suppose...so you're telling me if you were on your way to work with no other traffic anywhere near, and a light went yellow as you were approaching that you would just bow up and stop?? If you say yes, you're a liar....yea I agree people can't be out drag racing or raising hell, just cut the workin class a break...we do pay your salary
Agree

Norton, VA

#4 Sep 6, 2012
Josh, I agree with you. There are officers working that are pulling cars over, writing people tickets and not even certified! I can't believe this stuff still goes on after everything this town has been through. We need some serious leadership in our police department, because we sure don't have it right now! COMMONSENSE goes a long way, try to use some, IF you have it!
Get Your Facts Straight

Vinton, VA

#5 Sep 6, 2012
Agree wrote:
Josh, I agree with you. There are officers working that are pulling cars over, writing people tickets and not even certified! I can't believe this stuff still goes on after everything this town has been through. We need some serious leadership in our police department, because we sure don't have it right now! COMMONSENSE goes a long way, try to use some, IF you have it!
If you think that the police department shouldn't do their job, you are in the minority. If you break a traffic law, do you think that the officer should look the other way just because itís you? I donít think so. If you want to look at police department leadership and what the result of good leadership is, just look at the streets of Coeburn. You no longer have to walk on the other side of the street when you go to the Layís Building. In four weeks the new leadership was able to close the corner drug store, something that was not able to be done in the past year. Our streets are much safer and our roads are much safer. Obey the law and you will not be stopped!
get ur facts straight

Lebanon, VA

#6 Sep 6, 2012
u dont know crap leadership there in coeburn is a joke bring don salyers back and u will see leadership...... my opion and its a darn good one
rob

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 Sep 6, 2012
Bahahahahaha!!! Don wouldn't know the first thing about the job!!! He's old, can't hear, and is so far outdated that he might as well drive his bus and draw his retirement. We are talking stone ages with him.
Get Your Facts Straight

Vinton, VA

#8 Sep 6, 2012
get ur facts straight wrote:
u dont know crap leadership there in coeburn is a joke bring don salyers back and u will see leadership...... my opion and its a darn good one
Your opinion. Not shared by many.
rob

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Sep 6, 2012
Shared by any with any common sense! Lol!!!!
Walter White

Wise, VA

#10 Sep 6, 2012
Actually I use to work or Hardee's and didn't have a vehicle to get back and forth and I worked in the mornings so I'd have to walk. So here I am in full uniform my black work pants my work shirt my apron name tag and hat just smoking a cig walking to work. Next thing I know two coeburn cops pull up lights flashing and they both jump out of their car yelling at me to stop and so I do. They make me spread out on the hood of their car to pat me down and then they cuff me and make me sit on the ground and ask me what I was doing walking so early...Uh going to work...and I look at my uniform and tell them I work at Hardee's. They literally call me a lair and run my information and then call Hardee's to see if I'm an employee. Well after they find out I'm telling the truth they get all pissed call me a smartass and that I had better count my blessings I was telling the truth because they were going to take me to JAIL! Yeah this was a bit ago but still.....seriously...????
Whatever

Kyles Ford, TN

#11 Sep 6, 2012
The corner store was leaving already! It's still a joke, their running around crazy! I see lawsuit city is what I see! No leadership! All I see is a bunch of officers really trying, but going way over board on every little thing, no commonsense. Whoever said that is exactly right! Using their radios way too much that other departments can't even get on the radio to talk about real things that are going on. Just nonsense! Listen to the scanner people you will hear what's going on.
ummm

United States

#12 Sep 7, 2012
josh wrote:
I was coming thru town at 6am on my way to work, and coeburns finest was out pulling people over for rinky dink traffic stuff like running a red light when it just turned red, setting in rite aid parking lot watching people...these are people just trying to get to work and most of the time the only cars on the road!! Leave the working class alone, and focus on thee real criminals...at least we get up and go to work!!!
here is the thing josh look at it from their prospective they don't tell you how to do your job. It's their job to enforce the law and not look the other way from the sounds of it you ran it in front of the officer there for that's why you were pulled. In my opinion if you break the law in front of a cop you deserve a ticket. Seems legit
josh

United States

#13 Sep 7, 2012
Oh I forgot, as usual buncha goody goodies talking about how its their job to enforce the law...I'm not a criminal, never been arrested or even had a ticket and ill never understand these lil cops who try to be badasses...I was with a friend walking thru blacksburg one nite at 2 am when I saw a cop coming I said "oh shoot there's the cops" my friend who lived there said "man they're real cops who don't just go around messing with people just because they can...they actually go after real criminals" I was shocked because. If that woulda been here, you'd be strip searched
Idea

United States

#14 Sep 7, 2012
Well, it's the job of the police to enforce the traffic laws..and address issues such as red light violations, speeding.. but there is also something to be said for compassion+empathy with regards to building community relations. Yeah, pull over the driver that puts others at risk with bad habits. Ticket or give a warning where appropriate. But remember that the goal is to "protect and serve". Protect from the true problems, serve the average joes who may not be perfect, but are just out to provide for themselves and their families honestly. Talk to the folks, such as the guy above, who was walking to work without assuming something is happening. You can't build respect of the PD through fear.
Wow

Castlewood, VA

#15 Sep 7, 2012
Idea wrote:
Well, it's the job of the police to enforce the traffic laws..and address issues such as red light violations, speeding.. but there is also something to be said for compassion+empathy with regards to building community relations. Yeah, pull over the driver that puts others at risk with bad habits. Ticket or give a warning where appropriate. But remember that the goal is to "protect and serve". Protect from the true problems, serve the average joes who may not be perfect, but are just out to provide for themselves and their families honestly. Talk to the folks, such as the guy above, who was walking to work without assuming something is happening. You can't build respect of the PD through fear.
Someone DOES have some common sense??
truth hurts

United States

#16 Sep 8, 2012
Maybe if they were so worried about enforcing the laws then they would stay out of the subway and quit chasing the little hot blonde who works the gas station part. Seems as if everytime I'm in there they are there with their nose in her tail
pathetic

Norton, VA

#17 Sep 8, 2012
That's pathetic! Never going to change.
tct

Winchester, KY

#18 Sep 8, 2012
josh wrote:
Oh I forgot, as usual buncha goody goodies talking about how its their job to enforce the law...I'm not a criminal, never been arrested or even had a ticket and ill never understand these lil cops who try to be badasses...I was with a friend walking thru blacksburg one nite at 2 am when I saw a cop coming I said "oh shoot there's the cops" my friend who lived there said "man they're real cops who don't just go around messing with people just because they can...they actually go after real criminals" I was shocked because. If that woulda been here, you'd be strip searched
you sound like if you work.you should be able to slide.thats not the way.it works my man?
Concerned Citizen

Roanoke, VA

#19 Sep 8, 2012
These new cops don't really have anything to do at night,but ride around and pull anyone over they want!!!
It would be different if they were doing their job!!!
I've lived here most of my life,and seen a lot of cops come and go !!! This bunch is no different!!!
I think it is a JOKE !!!!,Some of these aux.cops Coeburn has!!! The town will let just about anyone put on a uniform!!!! I laughed my AZZ off,during the Guest River Ralley; when I saw these clowns walking our streets!!!! Some of them are not even on the pay roll,they volunteer just to wear a uniform and be seen!!!
What's going to happen if they get hurt, or hurt someone????
be warned

United States

#20 Sep 10, 2012
They have a new officer who write tickets none stop to everyone. From what i hear hes being investigated cause he got let go from appy for shooting a kid with a taser for no reason. Sad part is, the town manager knows about it and dont care. So watch your kids around him!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How has Randall Payne been 9 hr Jus wondering 44
Cody Hughes the snitch Tue Brandon Harper 3
that lundy boy (Aug '13) Tue truth 16
Randy Lawson Jul 24 Curious 1
Psalms 109 Jul 22 Terry Gilbert 2
Dr. Kanwal (Mar '11) Jul 20 Tammy1 83
chris meade (Jan '12) Jul 17 true 4

Coeburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coeburn Mortgages