Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Why or Why Not

agree

Duluth, GA

#21 Dec 9, 2012
the facts wrote:
So every one who is one getting government assistance is doing all of what you describe. That is Bull. By law there is only 2 years they can draw. That was signed into law by Bill Clinton. They spend that money and put it back into our economy. Lets give it to the big corporations and let them send it to the caymen islands. The only trickle down I have got is from the hosing I have got from republicans over the years.
<quoted text>
No!!! I am not saying everyone!!! I am saying there are a lot that are abusing it..which is very true. Yes they spend it..on pills not our economy. They use food banks, churches and any place else to get what they can. There is no trick they won't use. At Christmas time, people will buy their children something for Christmas so they will get a gift. I have seen the parents run to WALMART AND RETURN THE GIFT FOR MONEY FOR PILLS…but there are decent people receiving assistance that NEED it. They couldn't help the circumstances that made them have to receive help.

Roanoke, VA

#22 Dec 9, 2012
agree wrote:
<quoted text>No!!! I am not saying everyone!!! I am saying there are a lot that are abusing it..which is very true. Yes they spend it..on pills not our economy. They use food banks, churches and any place else to get what they can. There is no trick they won't use. At Christmas time, people will buy their children something for Christmas so they will get a gift. I have seen the parents run to WALMART AND RETURN THE GIFT FOR MONEY FOR PILLS…but there are decent people receiving assistance that NEED it. They couldn't help the circumstances that made them have to receive help.
And might I add.....government assistance does not stop at welfare and food stamps and medicaid....What sbout the sorry a** people on disability? Alot of people in this county are on it..have been for years...and not a d**n thing wrong with them that they can't work..except pure sorriness. It is a damn shame...In a few years there will be no social security for the people who really deserve it...THE WORKING PEOPLE.
mustang s

Blacksburg, VA

#23 Dec 9, 2012
the facts wrote:
what if they cannot help themselves...oh yeah let the churches do it...like the church that SELLS food to the needy in Norton? I am against any form of goverment invading my body period and that means defending those who are innocent until proven guilty including welfare reciepiants. It is funny how they will holler gun rights when this is way more invasive.
<quoted text>
the government has more of a hold over you than you think.if i have to take a drugtest for a job,then everyone else should have to take one.especially for any kind of government help.they should also test everyone that is getting a drivers license for their first time.

Roanoke, VA

#24 Dec 9, 2012
mustang s wrote:
<quoted text>the government has more of a hold over you than you think.if i have to take a drugtest for a job,then everyone else should have to take one.especially for any kind of government help.they should also test everyone that is getting a drivers license for their first time.
I know a woman who has lived off the system for years...has a man living with her who works everyday....she goes to churches for help..as in clothes, food and whatever else her sorry ass can get for free...then she turns around and sells the stuff she gets in a yardsale...wtf..it is no woder our country is in the shape it is in....as i said in a previous post...in a few years social security will be depleted because of people like this...hell yes they should be drug tested..if a person has to be tested in order to get a job, then these sorry mf'ers should have to be tested to sit on their ass and get paid for it.Disability...Food Stamps...Medicaid..I would be drug tested any time of the day or night to to not have to worry about a dr. bill..or food for my kids. I know there are many who get these benefits honestly..but there are tons of them out there who are able to provide for themselves..but they won't...won't even get married becuase"they don't want to lose their check". makes me sick.
mustang s

Blacksburg, VA

#25 Dec 9, 2012
lol.i agree 100%.the sad thing is they are families that are 2nd or 3rd generation welfare cases.now thats sad.
Sourcessays

Salem, VA

#26 Dec 10, 2012
Possibly some time after Jan.13,2013 >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
>>>>This could become a REALITY<<<<< <<<<<<<
the facts

Wise, VA

#27 Dec 13, 2012
I am not on the draw. I work in the mines and pay taxes so you can have a part time job at walmart and my tax dollars keep you in Medicaid and food stamps. I am however protecting my constitutional rights to against unlawful search. You claim to be a republican conservitive christian who has no apathy for those less fortunate than you. As i said in an earlier post the money spent doesn't do anything but provide welfare for the drug companies who started this to make more money. How about you all wanting smaller government? This surely expands it more than if you did not test. You want to be a good American? Report those who you think are on illegal drugs. Oh yeah you dumb@$$ the ones you are after have perscriptions and would pass. I cannot wait till you need help. I hope folks are as mean to you as you are to others.
REPLY wrote:
<quoted text>@the facts:You on the draw too? working people have to be tested..people living off the system should have to be tested too..it's the working people who are paying for these sorry people to do NOTHING and get paid for it..D**n shame
the facts

Wise, VA

#28 Dec 13, 2012
Well report them. Oh yeah you want the government to take care of this. I do not want expanded government. But it appears you do
agree wrote:
<quoted text>No!!! I am not saying everyone!!! I am saying there are a lot that are abusing it..which is very true. Yes they spend it..on pills not our economy. They use food banks, churches and any place else to get what they can. There is no trick they won't use. At Christmas time, people will buy their children something for Christmas so they will get a gift. I have seen the parents run to WALMART AND RETURN THE GIFT FOR MONEY FOR PILLS…but there are decent people receiving assistance that NEED it. They couldn't help the circumstances that made them have to receive help.
the facts

Wise, VA

#29 Dec 13, 2012
I know what we should do. Lets drug test gun owners. If they fail then we know who the drug dealers with illeagal guns are.
judged

Pikesville, MD

#30 Dec 30, 2012
my dr. does it now if he finds out he turn you in ..a lot of them left and got another Dr.
raylan

Bedford, VA

#31 Dec 31, 2012
Most of the PEOPLE that are WORKING any kind of job are Subject TO A DRUG TEST;whether they know it or not!
XRTEK1

Christiansburg, VA

#32 Jan 6, 2013
REPLY wrote:
<quoted text>I know a woman who has lived off the system for years...has a man living with her who works everyday....she goes to churches for help..as in clothes, food and whatever else her sorry ass can get for free...then she turns around and sells the stuff she gets in a yardsale...wtf..it is no woder our country is in the shape it is in....as i said in a previous post...in a few years social security will be depleted because of people like this...hell yes they should be drug tested..if a person has to be tested in order to get a job, then these sorry mf'ers should have to be tested to sit on their ass and get paid for it.Disability...Food Stamps...Medicaid..I would be drug tested any time of the day or night to to not have to worry about a dr. bill..or food for my kids. I know there are many who get these benefits honestly..but there are tons of them out there who are able to provide for themselves..but they won't...won't even get married becuase"they don't want to lose their check". makes me sick.
Could not have put it any better than this. It is a shame these sorry a** people (the ones who are able to work)would rather sit on their a** all day and get a govt. check rather than get a job. Some of these people have been on the draw for years and years..and not a thing wrong with them...how can they accept the fact that other people (working people) are paying for the things they have? Just a shame.
Raylan

Bedford, VA

#33 Jan 8, 2013
I'VE HEARD......Things are fixing to change.Drug test,new work laws going in to effect for those getting assistance.Its about time!!!!
john john

Roanoke, VA

#34 Jan 9, 2013
Raylan wrote:
I'VE HEARD......Things are fixing to change.Drug test,new work laws going in to effect for those getting assistance.Its about time!!!!
i hope they do something about this problem.there are people out there that really need the assistance.but a lot of them are just using the system.make them pick up garbage,take care of the playgrounds and parks,digging ditches,trimming the trees along the roadways.there are plenty of things they could do to help the community and themselves.if they had to work for their assistance at a minimum wage job,i bet they would get a paying job themselves.
penny

Norton, VA

#35 Jan 9, 2013
And who, pray tell, would pay for these tests? Ill tell ya who! The taxpayers that support them now! And what if they test dirty? Are we gonna let their children starve because of their addiction? What needs to happen is their kids taken and given to people that want children and can support them.
XRTEK1

Roanoke, VA

#36 Jan 20, 2013
mustang s wrote:
lol.i agree 100%.the sad thing is they are families that are 2nd or 3rd generation welfare cases.now thats sad.
So True
Hell yes

Norton, VA

#37 Jan 20, 2013
Give them drug tests!! If they fail, take away all the government assistance being provided, and if they have kids take them too!! Something has to be done. Too much of it going on! It's bad when they get assistance, do there drugs and go out rob and steal the hard working people blind too!! I'm sick of it
!! I believe if they are caught stealing while receiving government assistance, it needs to be taken away too!! If their able to steal, their able to find a job and work!!
john-jon

Blacksburg, VA

#38 Jan 20, 2013
Hell yes wrote:
Give them drug tests!! If they fail, take away all the government assistance being provided, and if they have kids take them too!! Something has to be done. Too much of it going on! It's bad when they get assistance, do there drugs and go out rob and steal the hard working people blind too!! I'm sick of it
!! I believe if they are caught stealing while receiving government assistance, it needs to be taken away too!! If their able to steal, their able to find a job and work!!
most of these people work hard at stealing.you cant blame these people for not wanting to work when they see a lot of these people laying on their ass and drawing all this $,foodstamps,get there rent paid for.a great midical card.some even get dental,plus get their pills paid for.these benefits should be for the working people that dont have the benefits.
right wing losers enemy

Wise, VA

#39 Jan 27, 2013
if you testfolks who own guns i will be glad to go along with tetng welfare folks
my opinion

Wise, VA

#40 Feb 9, 2013
I feel this is a tricky subject, yes it is unfair that us working ppl have to get drug tested for jobs, yes it sucks that some people are more then capable to work yet draw a check and all the other assistance that comes with it, but I for one do not want to pay any more taxes I have a hard enough time paying my bills after uncle sam gets his part as it is now, and of course it will come out of our pay on way or another, but you people are acting as if all people on assistance do not try, I am a single mother of two, work, and do get some assistance, thanks to Clinton people who receive TANF (what used to be ADC or welfare as you all are rudely calling it) have to work 30hrs a week to get the 200 to help with their child, most of these moms have children by dead beat fathers who will not work so they don't have to pay child support, in my opinion the absent parent whether it be male or female should be the ones out looking for jobs, working, and paying this back to the government, TANF comes out of the absent parents paycheck so you all don't even pay for this social service, food stamps keep food on the table for children who cannot otherwise eat, you need to look at the cons to your theory, some people are embarrassed to get these services and I would say a drug test would further humiliate these people, there are working poor you know, the people who turn on your gas pump, cook you fast food you can't live without, work the grocery stores so you can eat, and so on, yes it is unfair that some abuse the system but not the majority, call child protective services if you feel that a parent is neglecting their childrens needs and not using their assistance wisely, you cannot b@#$h if you silently sit around letting this go on, that makes you part of the problem, you can look in the mirror and thank yourselfs for this going on we cannot rely on the government to do our civic duties, turn in the abusers and less people will abuse the system, it is that simple, drug test are too expensive and their are far far too many people needing help these days with this Obama economy to have to add to the debt by requiring drug testing for welfare. And while you are thinking about why the nation is in debt, the public assistance and SSI does not even compare to what Obama has foolishly spent, not to mention our taxes pay all past presidents the same salary for life as well as congress and senate, make them earn their living after they complete their term, that will save a lot more then drug testing the poor, if you really want to get technical our law makers and presidents, past and present are why we are in the situation we are in now not public assistance recipients, and before you say I am on drugs I take tests at work and can at any time pass, I go to college, and yes I get help because I am not too proud to keep my children from going hungry!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kenneth moore Fri lookin for the punk 4
jay Adams Fri lookin for the punk 1
I wonder how many people are going to hell who ... Thu What a Joke 4
Amber Harriger Thu Tommy 5
City makes drug arrests Oct 21 Seriously 10
Education Oct 20 Graduate 1
how can you find out if you have a arrest warra... (Sep '12) Oct 20 Btwo6 29
Coeburn Dating
Find my Match

Coeburn Jobs