Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71292 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#64730 Sep 20, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I'm thinking that the nuclear attacks on Japan in some way positively mutated them. They used to be blood-thirsty automatons prior to 1945. Now they are happy and prosperous. They wear Western clothing, sing karaoke. They are always smiling and taking pictures and they made an Elvis impersonator their emperor. The USA really should nuke Iran to bring about the same type of refreshing transformation.
Hah! Why didn't I connect those dots? Further evidence of how attractive you big-brained girls are:)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#64731 Sep 20, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
Faith, I'm with you aaall the way on this one.
Any idea how do we write in Farsi, Pearl Harbor..??
I mean ... if we don't accuse them of something ...
Also .... from my days in Logistics ... and just for the purpose of using our resources properly and more effectively ... on the way back from Terhan, can we have da'guys drop some fire-crackers on Erdogan's ass..??
Funny thing...

I went to find a Farsi to English dictionary to translate Pearl Harbor and ran into a Pinglish transliteration engine. Funny because you'd have to speak (or write) Farsi in order to just convert the Roman written Farsi to squiggles. As a consolation prize we could not understand it in either direction.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#64732 Sep 20, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.

I mean ... if we don't accuse them of something ...

Huh? That's small potatoes. America wrote the book on creating pretext.
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64733 Sep 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing...
I went to find a Farsi to English dictionary to translate Pearl Harbor and ran into a Pinglish transliteration engine. Funny because you'd have to speak (or write) Farsi in order to just convert the Roman written Farsi to squiggles. As a consolation prize we could not understand it in either direction.

Imagine a date with one of those Iranian female beauties ... and while we look into each others eyes .... not being able to translate out of your dictionary something like ...

...'darling, do you believe in love af first sight?... because I'm ....I'm about to fall in love'....

A nightmare ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64734 Sep 21, 2012
A SPIN OFF OF THE ARAB SPRING ..or.. who moved my cheese..??

Zuheir Kseibati (20-09-12)

With Egypt in the post-revolutionary phase, Hamas might become closer to the West Bank than it was while in the lap of the Syrian-Iranian rejectionism axis. And in light of the distance with Damascus, Meshaal has become closer to Ramallah than to the alliance with Khamenei. But what is certain is that Ismail Haniyeh is racing Meshaal to win the heart of the Muslim Brotherhood group, and the mind of President Muhammad Morsi, in order to launch a new round of the conflict with head of the Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas.

It might be a mere coincidence for accusations of betrayal to be made from Gaza against the president of the authority which is threatened with financial bankruptcy, at a time when Haniyeh is rejuvenating his government with the winds of the Arab spring in Cairo.

It might also be a coincidence for accusations to be cast against Abbas amid calls for his prosecution due to his shortcomings at the level of his national loyalty to Palestine, and for a fierce campaign to be launched against the arrests that targeted elements from Hamas in the West Bank and which seemed to have succeeded in provoking the first crisis between Abbas and Cairo, in parallel to the meeting -“mistake”- between Egyptian Prime minister Hisham Qandil and Haniyeh who came from Gaza on the back of the Muslim Brotherhood horse.

voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64735 Sep 21, 2012

The issue of the unification of Palestinian representation is resurfacing, but this time a few days prior to Abbas’ presentation of a request for Palestine’s acceptance as a non-member state at the United Nations. And while the natural outcome of the new round of tensions between the authority and Hamas is the extension of Palestinian division, on a more dangerous level, it grants the Israeli right wing additional weapons to undermine the legitimacy of the request. Moreover, it allows Republican candidate to the American presidency Mitt Romney new pretexts to please the Jewish lobby in the United States, and prosecute a persecuted population suffering occupation and division on an Israeli guillotine.

Hamas is growing closer to January 25. So, how can it facilitate the blackmail party in the United States before Netanyahu and the government of Judaization and the occupation of the land? There are two courses for the equation: either end division and end the partition of Palestine into several Palestines, or revive the power frenzy which would spare Israel the trouble of proceeding with the project that aims at ending the “dream of establishing a state” and limit it to the management of the conflict between militias.

Hamas wishes to arrange the Palestinian home before the parliamentary and presidential elections. For its part, the authority perceives these elections as being a passageway for full reconciliation. And between the disputes over the priorities, it does not hurt Hamas to appear to be navigating once again on the sailboat of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, while the other party can reach the conclusions it wants regarding the movement’s reliance on Morsi instead of Khamenei and Al-Assad.

As for Abbas, who is said to be indifferent about his stay in the presidency and the bitterness of reconciliation, he is certainly the first one to be besieged. Indeed, Israel does not trust his peaceful intentions and is instigating the Americans to stifle his authority. Washington on the other hand has not spared an effort to thwart his attempts, while Hamas does not mind burying whichever agreement it reached with him as soon as its negotiators return to the Strip that is “blockaded” with tunnels and stray rockets! It is as though the Gaza of the poor is a shooting arena to remind them of the price of the resistance, whenever they forget the difference between a rejectionist authority and another seeking the establishment of a state.

Which is a priority? The “home” or the state? The resistance or the authority? A non-rejectionist diplomat mentioned economic and livelihood facts putting pressure on the institutions in Ramallah and the government, which could be summarized by the $400 million budgetary deficit. As for the donors’ conference on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly meetings, it might become an opportunity to trade with the authority.

Also according to the diplomat, the other side of the story features a financial surplus generated by the tunnels that allowed the emergence of 1,800 millionaires, all of whom are operating smuggling mafias of all sorts of products into Gaza. The latter are living off the poor who are awaiting a reconciliation that is not coming and constitute the arena for the Israeli raids.
What will Hamas be like following the Arab spring? We start with a round of accusations of treason, as a rehearsal to rejuvenate the resistance in the “state” of the prosperous tunnels.

Is the movement aware of the lessons and status of the spring? Poverty is spreading, so why are the poor in the Strip complaining? Mass killings are taking place around the region, and they are much worse than what is being committed by Israel. As for the Israeli bullets, they are pushing for mobilization to arrange the “home” by force.

voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64736 Sep 21, 2012

And this one I picked up on one of the threads, exclusively for Uzi .. I know this is the style and content that turns Uzi on..

THE MUSLIMS ARE NOT HAPPY!

They're not happy in Gaza ...
They're not happy in Egypt ..
They're not happy in Libya ...
They're not happy in Morocco ..
They're not happy in Iran ...
They're not happy in Iraq ..
They're not happy in Yemen ...
They're not happy in Afghanistan ..
They're not happy in Pakistan ..
They're not happy in Syria ..
They're not happy in Lebanon ..

SO, WHERE ARE THEY HAPPY?

They're happy in Canada.
They're happy in England ...
They're happy in France ..
They're happy in Italy ..
They're happy in Germany ..
They're happy in Sweden ..
They're happy in the USA ..
They're happy in Norway ..
They're happy in Holland ..
They're happy in Denmark ..
They're happy in Australia..

Basically, they're happy in every country that is not Muslim, and they are unhappy in every country that is!

AND WHO DO THEY BLAME?

Not Islam.
Not their leadership.
Not themselves.

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!

But... they want to change those countries to be like....

THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY!

Excuse me, but I can't help wondering... How damn dumb can you get?

voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64737 Sep 21, 2012

The world has to know this too..

There are decent Libyan citizens that condemn the assassinations of last week and they are also victims of the illegal armed militias of savage assassins wondering around in Libya.

Those decent Libyan citizens got rid of Ghadaffi the dictator ... and should not be left to be easy prey of Fundamentalist Muslims assassins ..

I encourage you to read the article and find the time to browse the "Libya Herald" in order to learn a different angle of the reality of that country.

""Libyans plan mass rallies calling for Government action on militias
By Nihal Zaroug.

On the one week anniversary of US ambassador Stevens’ death, Benghazi residents pay tribute to the fallen by laying flowers and lighting candles at consulate.(via @2011feb17)
Tripoli, 20 September:

A week has passed since the violent attack on the US consulate in Benghazi left four dead, including Libya’s esteemed US ambassador Chris Stevens. The Libyan government has made some arrests and has issued an order to disband their main suspects, Ansar al Sharia, a militant extremist group.

Furthermore, President of the General National Congress, Mohamed Al Magariaf, said that foreign elements that have been in the country for sometime, helped plan the attacks. Adding that investigations into the events would likely turn up a connection to Al Qaeda.

The US government on the other hand, is still claiming that the unfortunate events on 11 September were a spontaneous reaction to an anti-Islam film and will hold this view until they have fully investigated what has happened.

US ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice, recently said that evidence they gathered thus far indicated that protests over the film had “been hijacked by some clusters of extremist who came with heavier weapons”. Rice did not link these extremists to Al Qaeda, as the FBI had not completed its investigations, she stated.

On Tuesday, in memory of Stevens, Benghazi residents gathered at the US consulate to lay flowers and light candles, and left signs at the gate expressing their rejection of the attacks, extremists and terrorism.

While both governments look for answers, the vast majority of Libya continues to condemn the violent assaults and have planned to hold rallies on Friday, 21 September, calling for the government to take action over Libya’s lawlessness.

The initiative “Save Benghazi” was the first call for a city wide rally, other cities soon followed suit. The four unified demands displayed on posters are as follows:

“Withdrawal of all authorities granted to any armed militia; Calling on GNC to issue law criminalizing armed militias; Evacuation of all public buildings and governmental institutions from armed militias; Activation the role of the army and police, and provide them with all the support needed.”

Poster for Save Benghazi with the four main demands of the planned march.
(via http://www.facebook.com/BenghaziFriday )
The march starting at the Tibesti hotel in Benghazi, aims to clarify that residentss of the city are against terrorism, armed militias and the killing of innocent lives. Fringe groups, they say, have jeopardized the revolution, and their actions will no longer be tolerated.

voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64738 Sep 21, 2012

Benghazi is seen as the cradle of the uprising that ousted Qaddafi’s regime, and the organisers call on the public to protect what has been fought for during the revolution.

Bilal Bentamer, a senior law student and volunteer for Save Benghazi, says the idea for the rally took-off from earlier protests against the attacks and the response from the city has been positive. Donations started to come in without even being requested, collecting well over three thousand dinars and counting.

The rally being well received comes as no surprise, this is not the first time the city has made such appeals. Benghazi has been trying to distance itself from the actions of extremists but as suggested by many, including Bilal,“the world needs to know that Benghazi is still against the film and insulting the Prophet, yet we don’t accept killing friends like Chris Stevens, and that extremists in Benghazi and Libya are not the majority.”

According to many activists, militant islamist in Benghazi are its biggest problem and after dialogue fails, removal by force may be required and this is the role of government, they say.

Residents get ready for Friday’s Save Benghazi
(photo: Mohamed F. Jaauoda)
In Tripoli, activist Khadija Ali was among the first to call for protests in the wake of the US consulate attacks, and is currently working with a group of activists organising “Save Tripoli”. The march will celebrate the occasion of International Peace Day and show solidarity with “Save Benghazi”. The event seeks to promote the view that Libya is a peaceful nation and that Libyans “aspire to live in safety and stability”.

Poster for “Save Tripoli: Benghazi you don’t stand alone”.
(via http://www.facebook.com/BenghaziFriday
But more so, Khadaji would like people in Libya to feel the “unity they once felt during the liberation stage of the revolution and a sense of belonging not only to Libya but also to a greater international community “ and to become actors in world peace.

The greatest challenges facing Libya that of “security, law and order” says Khadija, needs the publics’ engagement of the government to ensure that citizens’ expectations are met. After the destruction of heritage sites in August,“a wake up call to civil society”, according to Khagija, it became clear to activists and those wanting change that “if they don’t act then no one will act on their behalf.”

Tripoli’s peace and solidarity march will take off from the coastal road park, and attendees are urged to wear white; the colour of peace.

Posters for “Save Derna”,“Save Zawiya” and “Save Gheryan” have appeared on Facebook, however the largest crowds are expected to assemble in Benghazi and Tripoli. Derna, especially would like to banish the view that it is the hot bed for extremists groups such as Al Qaeda in Libya.

http://www.libyaherald.com/...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#64740 Sep 21, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
Imagine a date with one of those Iranian female beauties ... and while we look into each others eyes .... not being able to translate out of your dictionary something like ...
...'darling, do you believe in love af first sight?... because I'm ....I'm about to fall in love'....
A nightmare ...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
It's bad enough we have to witness them live...now you're trying to ruin my imagination? Seriously, the doctors I dealt with in the Navy were all men and nowhere near as cute as the lady pictured.
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64741 Sep 21, 2012

TRD, what's wrong with it..??
What's wrong with falling in love with a man..??

It happened to every woman that I know..!!

Well .... most of the women that I know..!!

voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64742 Sep 21, 2012

And here's my candidate ...
Da'next President of the United States of America..

Faith, we have a position open for a campaign manager. Would ... would you be interested..??

Uzi, you .... you are going to volunteer to raise money among the Jews and Arabs in New York. TRD will raise zlotes in Florida.

I'll introduce the guy to my friends at Arutz 7

&fe ature=pyv

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#64743 Sep 21, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
Faith, we have a position open for a campaign manager. Would ... would you be interested..??
Uzi, you .... you are going to volunteer to raise money among the Jews and Arabs in New York. TRD will raise zlotes in Florida.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7Cd18lsx1lsXX&feature=pyv
Well, there's ten minutes I'm never getting back.

Two things...first, if it could be done, don't you think Arnold Schwarzenegger would have done it by now?

Second: That's not how it will happen. It will be slower and much, much quieter. Then, before you know it, twelve percent of our population is Muslim and demanding separate treatment under Sharia. They'll be stopping traffic in Times Square to kneel down and pray to the Residence Inn by Marriott.
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64744 Sep 21, 2012

Hey, TRD ... I just learned from our commies infiltrated TV, that Ahmedinjihad is traveling to New York..!!

Can you .... can you talk to those guys at JFK ... you know .. Immigrations ..?? Aaahh..??

Maybe ... maybe he has an expired visa, a ripped page on the passport .... maybe he brought alcohol beyond the personal alowance...or an unfinished sandwich Maybe on one of the pockets of the pants he is going to wear for the UN General Assembly, there are some pistachio left overs ... and you know ... food is a no no..

Maybe he has temperature ... That's a good one .. temperature ..

See what can be done to send the s.o.b. back .. on the same plane that took him to N.Y...

TRD

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#64746 Sep 21, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
Hey, TRD ... I just learned from our commies infiltrated TV, that Ahmedinjihad is traveling to New York..!!
Can you .... can you talk to those guys at JFK ... you know .. Immigrations ..?? Aaahh..??
Maybe ... maybe he has an expired visa, a ripped page on the passport .... maybe he brought alcohol beyond the personal alowance...or an unfinished sandwich Maybe on one of the pockets of the pants he is going to wear for the UN General Assembly, there are some pistachio left overs ... and you know ... food is a no no..
Maybe he has temperature ... That's a good one .. temperature ..
See what can be done to send the s.o.b. back .. on the same plane that took him to N.Y...
TRD
*@^!#@&% diplomatic immunity!!!!!!!!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#64747 Sep 21, 2012
Sorry VOP, I wanted to be the one to tell you. I couldn't keep Mahmoud Ahmadinejad out of Nueva York. All I can say though, he may want to take a cab.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/09...
Uzi

Israel

#64749 Sep 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
Sorry VOP, I wanted to be the one to tell you. I couldn't keep Mahmoud Ahmadinejad out of Nueva York. All I can say though, he may want to take a cab.
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/09...
He took the train:

A Catholic nun was sitting on a train opposite a Muslim man
who was wearing a turban and eating fresh shrimp.

Every time he ate one he spat the tail in her direction,
requiring her to deflect it.

Eventually she had enough and pulled the Emergency Cord.

The Muslim looked at the nun and said, "You'll get fined $250
for doing that, you stupid Catholic bitch."

She laughed and said, "When I cry 'rape' and they smell your
fingers,
you'll get 10 years, you rag-headed Camel-fucker."

Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#64750 Sep 21, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7Cd18lsx1lsXX&feature=pyv
My affections lie elsewhere......
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64751 Sep 21, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>My affections lie elsewhere......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ceocNS-toDkXX

I'm with you, Faith..

We don't need 'a' budget ..
All we need is a few zlotes (where is TRD this morning), some editing ... and we are in business..

Abdul nooow
Abdul now
Abdul now
for you and meeee

Uzi said he has a camera ...
I'm going to talk to him about taking some pictures of Abdul with Putin, Hu Jintao, Mursi ... the Queen of England and Ronaldinho..

Uziii, good morning. D'you know how to use photoshop..??

voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64752 Sep 21, 2012

Abdul, it's all set..!!

&fe ature=g-vrec

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coconut Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min flack 1,745,376
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Radical Slayer 336,761
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 1 hr General Kabaka Oba 1,403
News Ted Nugent says Parkland survivors are 'mushy b... 1 hr General Kabaka Oba 599
News 'It is not our intent to finance or underwrite ... 13 hr im not a doctor 41
News Trump's plan will seek to 'harden' schools agai... 18 hr javawhey 815
News Parkland student fills his clear backpack with ... 22 hr Boo Botz 3

Coconut Creek Jobs

Personal Finance

Coconut Creek Mortgages