Satellite Beach Trip in June

Posted in the Cocoa Forum

SalsaGal

Huntington, WV

#1 Jan 22, 2013
We as a family are considering a vacation to Satellite beach in June and we were wondering about some things we've read about the beach being rocky?? Is it more to ky than sandy? Just trying to figure out if its worth it or not! We are by beach lovers!!
Gluteus Maximus

Bethpage, NY

#2 Jan 23, 2013
SalsaGal wrote:
We as a family are considering a vacation to Satellite beach in June and we were wondering about some things we've read about the beach being rocky?? Is it more to ky than sandy? Just trying to figure out if its worth it or not! We are by beach lovers!!
The beaches themselves are OK for walking, building sand castles, etc., but you can and will encounter rocks in the surf zone just about anywhere between Patrick AFB and Indialantic. Not the place to just take off running into the water by any means! However, there are rock free areas further north in Cocoa Beach which is only about 15min away. The beach is a bit wider up there too. Cheers,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 3 hr VET 2,146
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 11 hr Liberal forever 2,989
vacationing soon at cocoa beach 23 hr real nikkaz 2
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Sep 29 Liberal forever 2,526
Obama care the truth Sep 21 WELL now 1
Astronauts getting 3-D printer at space station Sep 20 DOnT OBEY ALL ORDERS 4
Review: Handler Fishing Supply Sep 15 Shawn Biederman 1
Cocoa Dating
Find my Match

Cocoa Jobs

Cocoa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cocoa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cocoa

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]