Former Brevard County deputy accused ...

Former Brevard County deputy accused of sexual battery

There are 25 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 4, 2007, titled Former Brevard County deputy accused of sexual battery. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A former deputy sheriff with the Brevard County Sheriff's Office faces sexual battery charges and a bond of $840,000. The Brevard County Sheriff's Office Special Victims Unit arrested Cocoa resident Carl E. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Meg

Washington, DC

#1 May 4, 2007
24 counts? Wow. He looks REALLY scary.
Good 4 him

Starke, FL

#2 May 4, 2007
see how it fells to be on the other side
Justice

Saint Cloud, FL

#3 May 4, 2007
This is a 45 year old, Sheriff's Deputy. Someone who knows the law about what he was doing. And still continued to do what I consider to be a unthinkable crime to his child victim and to her family. Will she ever get over this terrible thing that happened to her? If convicted I would give the death penalty as a way of showing the victim and her family that this is wrong and in our country we do not allow this type of thing to happen to our children. Any other verdict would say to America its OK , go on do it nothing will happen to you. In God we Trust
Imogene

Orlando, FL

#4 May 4, 2007
I'd be scared to death to be pulled over for something and have that face looking in at me.
They say you can't tell a book by its cover but
anybody looking at that guy would get an immediate chill. What was any Sheriff's office thinking to hire a guy looking like that to start with ?

“PROUD TO BE CHRISTIAN”

Since: Mar 07

Batesville, AR

#5 May 4, 2007
good grief..........please tell me I didn't read what I thought I read for the 3 millionth time!
marydoogna

Longwood, FL

#6 May 4, 2007
How many other people in law enforcement 'get away' with this daily. Using and abusing their power. They seem to be "above the law".

.... If the Florida legislature cared about prevention of sex crimes against children, Jessica Lundsford would not be dead today.

You cannot forget these facts, Couey asked for help way before the Lundsford crime and was told "go find it for yourself" and at the time he was homeless and penniless.

The funding for SO therapy in Florida prisons was stopped by former Florida Governor Martinez in 1989. Since that time Florida has had more deaths of children than any other state:

1998 Amanda Brown
2004 Sarah Lunde
2005 Carlie Brucia
2005 Jessica Lundsford.

The offenders of those crimes were all previously incarcerated in Florida prisons for sex crimes and released.

The Florida legislature has had many opportunities to do something about SO/SP therapy and has ignored it every session. Then to top that off, Mark Foley (Florida Rep.) writes the registration portion of the Adam Walsh Act, and no one adds therapy to the Act.

Now, again today, what do Florida legislators want to do?

Do legislators really care about children, or votes?
Sheena

Detroit, MI

#7 May 4, 2007
marydoogna wrote:
How many other people in law enforcement 'get away' with this daily. Using and abusing their power. They seem to be "above the law".
.... If the Florida legislature cared about prevention of sex crimes against children, Jessica Lundsford would not be dead today.
You cannot forget these facts, Couey asked for help way before the Lundsford crime and was told "go find it for yourself" and at the time he was homeless and penniless.
The funding for SO therapy in Florida prisons was stopped by former Florida Governor Martinez in 1989. Since that time Florida has had more deaths of children than any other state:
1998 Amanda Brown
2004 Sarah Lunde
2005 Carlie Brucia
2005 Jessica Lundsford.
The offenders of those crimes were all previously incarcerated in Florida prisons for sex crimes and released.
The Florida legislature has had many opportunities to do something about SO/SP therapy and has ignored it every session. Then to top that off, Mark Foley (Florida Rep.) writes the registration portion of the Adam Walsh Act, and no one adds therapy to the Act.
VERY WELL SAID, MARYDOOGNA!!!
David G

Lake Mary, FL

#8 May 4, 2007
we should Fear Law inforcement more then an actual criminal,so if our comunities cant rely on the Law then who can really trust..?
just to summarize

Winter Park, FL

#10 May 4, 2007
marydoogna wrote:
1998 Amanda Brown
2004 Sarah Lunde
2005 Carlie Brucia
2005 Jessica Lundsford.
liberal nonsense
Steve B

Lake Mary, FL

#11 May 4, 2007
David G.....you need help! The next time you are involved in an accident, or your home is burglarized or someone you love have fallen victim to whatever…..call Doctor Phil! I am sure that he will rush to your aide. The majority of cops are very good people. Every profession has bad apples. Sorry that you cannot see that. Respectfully
suzi45

Douglasville, GA

#12 May 4, 2007
HANG HIM!!!!!!
hmmmm

Daytona Beach, FL

#14 May 4, 2007
wow, you have some authority issues, huh? First, you paint all of law enforcement with a broad brush and then blame the actions of criminals on everyone BUT the criminals.

First, if law enforcement was as bad as you think this wouldn't be in the news to start with because it would be covered up.

Second, if offering sex offenders therapy stopped them it would be done, but IT DOES NOTHING. You might not be able to wrap your liberal, protect me from the bad man brain around this fact, but THERE ARE BAD PEOPLE WHO DO BAD THINGS. And they will do them unless locked up. period. They will victimize a child whenever they get the urge. I don't know why, they don't know why, but they do it. So stop blaming everyone else and blame the sex offender!
marydoogna wrote:
1998 Amanda Brown
2004 Sarah Lunde
2005 Carlie Brucia
2005 Jessica Lundsford.
Lilly

Austin, TX

#15 May 4, 2007
what do they expect of him, he looks like a Pe_nis.
trw

Zephyrhills, FL

#16 May 4, 2007
David G wrote:
we should Fear Law inforcement more then an actual criminal,so if our comunities cant rely on the Law then who can really trust..?
I second Steve B. I am a law enforcement officer and I think this man has shamed the profession. But please don't lay his sins on the backs of all law enforcement. The vast majority of LEOs want nothing more than to put scum like this in jail (as his own co-workers in Brevard Co. SO did).
Safety Harbor, FL

#19 May 5, 2007
monster
forreal

Eldora, IA

#20 May 5, 2007
omg! you mean to tell me these are the men who are suppose to be the good citizens of the perfect brevard co. law enforcement! Give me a freakin break! instead of badgering the young and lost kids in that area; maybe you so called GOOD GUYS should look in your own back yard! carma is such a funny thing don't ya think? Good luck buddy!
love

Safety Harbor, FL

#23 May 12, 2007
hes gonna love it in prison!!!!!!
What a Shame

Saint Cloud, FL

#24 May 14, 2007
You know, he did a horrible thing and compromised a position of authority and trust. Most cops are good people and are there to help. But let us never forget about the victim. She is the one we should worry about. Thank god he is off the streets and away from children. May god have mercy on his soul and I pray the victim can over come this horribe incident and grow up and heal.
marydoogna

Apopka, FL

#25 Jul 20, 2007
hmmmmm
Second, if offering sex offenders therapy stopped them it would be done, but IT DOES NOTHING. You might not be able to wrap your liberal, protect me from the bad man brain around this fact, but THERE ARE BAD PEOPLE WHO DO BAD THINGS.

The problem is the guys that urinate on a tree, or the teens that have consensual s_ex, THEY are considers predators TOO!

95% of NEW offenses aren't committed by people on the registry!

They are committed by NEW people EVERYDAY!

dON'T YOU GET IT,(oops!) all someone has to do is ACCUSE you of a s_e_x crime!

You don't actually have to commit a crime against a child or person!!!!!!
Wes Rymer

Winter Haven, FL

#26 Mar 26, 2008
Carl Graves is not guilty of molesting this victim.. The mom of this child is the guilty person ie: food stamp fraud,ect...Its easy to ruin a mans life before the facts even come out..do the research on how many men get falsely accused every day in florida..Innocent untill proven guilty???Yea right...He has been convicted before he has even been to court..I hope it happens to some of these people who are judge jury and executioner..Give the man a fair shot before his life is ruined on an allegation...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rentals Wed christy 1
New Handyman in town Feb 10 hosocat 2
Mannequin in window on Rockledge Dr (Jul '15) Feb 9 Awbmusic 2
Handyman? Feb 1 hosocat 2
Eagle One Mobile Home park Jan 29 Onewhoknows 1
News Man Busted For Latest Mosque Bacon Vandalism Jan 23 wichita-rick 15
Constant Plane Noise in Rockledge (Jan '11) Dec '15 I hate whiners 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cocoa Mortgages